RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Westerman, Lyne and Johnstone confirmed for England

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3473
Well done to those 3 who are in the England squad. Reward for the hard work and performances they have put in of late.

Hope to see them pull on the shirt on the international stage!
Top six 2005 - Trinity.

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 14271
Location: wakefield
Well what do we know.
I'm really pleased for Westerman. Hope he can make something out of the squad selection. And also realise he can be seen as something special while playing at Wakefield.

Lyne deserves his place. He's not everyone's cup of tea but right side centre is a different role and I think he is strong there.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 2310
Location: Tomorrowland
PopTart wrote:
Well what do we know.
I'm really pleased for Westerman. Hope he can make something out of the squad selection. And also realise he can be seen as something special while playing at Wakefield.

Lyne deserves his place. He's not everyone's cup of tea but right side centre is a different role and I think he is strong there.


What do you mean "we" PT? :D

A few of us (Mainly me) knew Joe would be in the squad, he will be in the WC squad too.

Lyne, surprising as I don`t think he has been playing his best rugby but I genuinely think he is one of the best English Centres available for selection, good luck to all 3.

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 891
Well that’s me eating plenty of humble pie , I sincerely hope he isn’t just in the train on squad and actually gets picked in the starting squad and makes an impact in the World Cup.

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31282
Location: Poodle Power!
homme vaste wrote:
What do you mean "we" PT? :D

A few of us (Mainly me) knew Joe would be in the squad, he will be in the WC squad too.

Lyne, surprising as I don`t think he has been playing his best rugby but I genuinely think he is one of the best English Centres available for selection, good luck to all 3.


Since when :roll:
SUPPORT SWAG...

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31282
Location: Poodle Power!
Kettykat wrote:
Well that’s me eating plenty of humble pie , I sincerely hope he isn’t just in the train on squad and actually gets picked in the starting squad and makes an impact in the World Cup.


Your points were fair enough, he just has Wane physicality and experience written all over him imo.

I'd say with injuries TJ is the biggest shock, I think he's the best winger of his generation but hasn't played much this season so he certainly wasn't picked on form.
SUPPORT SWAG...

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 811
Location: Wakefield
Chuffed to bits for all 3 of them, when was the last time we had 3 players in an England squad??
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3473
vastman wrote:
Kettykat wrote:
Well that’s me eating plenty of humble pie , I sincerely hope he isn’t just in the train on squad and actually gets picked in the starting squad and makes an impact in the World Cup.


Your points were fair enough, he just has Wane physicality and experience written all over him imo.

I'd say with injuries TJ is the biggest shock, I think he's the best winger of his generation but hasn't played much this season so he certainly wasn't picked on form.


I agree I think Westerman is the perfect Wane type player. Tough as nails and aggressive but has all the traits and hands of a ball playing LF. He’s hitting the form of his career so why not give the guy a shot.

Think you hit the nail on head with TJ. He’s in their because if his ability but there’s no doubt he has to play well this summer to get a starting spot.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 31282
Location: Poodle Power!
John Bateman (Wigan Warriors),
Tom Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs),
Daryl Clark, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie (all Warrington Wolves),
Tom Davies (Catalans Dragons),
Niall Evalds (Castleford Tigers),
Liam Farrell (Wigan Warriors),
Luke Gale (Leeds Rhinos),
Oliver Gildart (Wigan Warriors),
Josh Griffin (Hull FC),
Ash Handley (Leeds Rhinos),
Zak Hardaker (Wigan Warriors),
Josh Hodgson (Canberra Raiders),
Tom Johnstone (Wakefield Trinity),
Toby King (Warrington Wolves),
Morgan Knowles (St Helens),
Reece Lyne (Wakefield Trinity),
Jonny Lomax (both St Helens),
Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants),
Paul McShane (Castleford Tigers),
Tommy Makinson (St Helens),
Dom Manfredi (Wigan Warriors),
Harry Newman (Leeds Rhinos),
Mark Percival (St Helens),
Joe Philbin, Stefan Ratchford (both Warrington Wolves),
James Roby (St Helens),
Dan Sarginson (Salford Red Devils),
Ryan Sutton (Canberra Raiders),
Luke Thompson (Canterbury Bulldogs),
Sam Tomkins (Catalans Dragons),
Alex Walmsley (St Helens),
Kallum Watkins (Salford Red Devils),
Joe Westerman (Wakefield Trinity),
Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders),
Gareth Widdop (Warrington Wolves),
George Williams.

Looks great don't it. Same number of players as Leeds and with possibly a better chance of them making the 17. Take a bow club, and what was that about dodgy recruiting :WHISTLE:
SUPPORT SWAG...

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3796
Location: Wakefield
Pat Bateman wrote:
Chuffed to bits for all 3 of them, when was the last time we had 3 players in an England squad??


I'm just about old enough to remember when we had Gary Price and Michael Jackson in the same GB squad.

Possibly a few times when England were the "A" team for GB. I actually think Jamie Rooney is, or was, England's record points scorer.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FickleFingerOfFate, WRENNYAL and 90 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,47180278,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 26 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 19 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X