18th Apr 24 21:0318th Apr 24 19:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
1/10

Re: Innes Senior back with Giants : Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:55 pm  
bellycouldtackle wrote:
Innes is one hell of an athlete blessed with great pace. He is still only a young lad, he got better and better with us especially his defence. If given the game time he will continue to develop into a top player . One would hope that fans would forgive a young player the odd mistake or two that you will always get with young lads.

Quite right, but we've basically given him development time and the Farts will benefit rather than allow one of our own kids fill in and Trinity could've benefited.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35935
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:4618th Apr 24 10:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Innes Senior back with Giants : Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:15 pm  
bellycouldtackle wrote:
Innes is one hell of an athlete blessed with great pace. He is still only a young lad, he got better and better with us especially his defence. If given the game time he will continue to develop into a top player . One would hope that fans would forgive a young player the odd mistake or two that you will always get with young lads.

I agree he is, and I do forgive him the odd error.

As Klav says that's not the issue. For a club that normally does a good bit of business, I'm just not convinced that we were on the winning side. To me it boils down to whether Senior was at a point in his development where he could offer us more than we had available on the books, I don't think he was, I now think come next season he might be, but that won't be with us. For me, we've simply fine-tuned a racehorse for someone else and that makes no sense to me at all.

The only positives are that if we do need a loan player next season and he's available he would now be an excellent choice. I suppose looking further ahead, should it not pan out for him at Hudds then we would be in prime position to go for him and by then he'd be nearly 23, no longer a rookie and no longer taking chances away from an Academy player.

Just my opinion.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 22 200519 years246th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:356th Feb 24 14:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Innes Senior back with Giants : Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:23 pm  
Think we OK with the deal, at various times TJ and Kershaw injured so Innes covered, Kay covering hooking role so Innes much needed. Bill , Arundel and Reece injured and guess what Innes was on hand to play centre.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20226
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 23:3018th Apr 24 23:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Innes Senior back with Giants : Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:04 pm  
bellycouldtackle wrote:
Think we OK with the deal, at various times TJ and Kershaw injured so Innes covered, Kay covering hooking role so Innes much needed. Bill , Arundel and Reece injured and guess what Innes was on hand to play centre.

I agree. He filled a hole at just the right time.
I'm not upset that he resigned with them. Would have been OK if he'd signed with us.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Innes Senior back with Giants : Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:24 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I agree. He filled a hole at just the right time.
I'm not upset that he resigned with them. Would have been OK if he'd signed with us.

As pointed out to our little friend, he could only ever re-sign for Hudds. Depends how you look at it but for me that what made it a bad deal.

I just hope WP is a bit braver with Academy players, ironic really because I thought it was CC best attribute in his early years as our coach.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20226
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 23:3018th Apr 24 23:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Innes Senior back with Giants : Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:33 pm  
vastman wrote:
As pointed out to our little friend, he could only ever re-sign for Hudds. Depends how you look at it but for me that what made it a bad deal.

I just hope WP is a bit braver with Academy players, ironic really because I thought it was CC best attribute in his early years as our coach.

I think you are seeing it as a bad signing because it wasn't long term.
But to me it was never that. It was a short term plug that helped us when we needed it.
I don't think any of the young players were held back because of him. If they'd been good enough they'd have been in.
Only Croft was in front for me and his injury stopped that.

Giants might have benefitted by taking a player that got some experience elsewhere but equally they must have liked how he played with us or they wouldn't have signed him.

The benefit for us was having a player that covered a couple of roles and kept young players not yet ready, out of the firing line. They will benefit now when they get the chance.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Innes Senior back with Giants : Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I think you are seeing it as a bad signing because it wasn't long term.
But to me it was never that. It was a short term plug that helped us when we needed it.
I don't think any of the young players were held back because of him. If they'd been good enough they'd have been in.
Only Croft was in front for me and his injury stopped that.

Giants might have benefitted by taking a player that got some experience elsewhere but equally they must have liked how he played with us or they wouldn't have signed him.

The benefit for us was having a player that covered a couple of roles and kept young players not yet ready, out of the firing line. They will benefit now when they get the chance.

No it’s because I don’t think he was ready enough when we took him. I have no issue with loan players but they have to offer more than what we already have.

Although I think FT has gone a bit OTT with the blame stuff he still has a fair point. At the time Senior signed he was little better than Greensmith IMO and effectively robbed him of a chance for no obvious gain to us.

Academy players IMO deserve their chance when we are down to the bone and I don’t think Ollie got his. As I say he lost his chances to a player who at the time had exactly the same flaws. I know they were not exactly the same player, Senior is more a winger and clearly faster but I still don’t think it was right.
Had it been an older version of Senior then yes.

One things for sure we have a fantastic crop of Academy players this year and if we repeat this with the likes of Murphy or Eseh (just examples) I will be deeply disappointed with the club. Once is unfortunate but if we keep doing it then I can guarantee that a lot more people than FT will consider pulling their support for the Academy funding. I mean what’s the point, they can’t all make it but at least some have to.
Previous