JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 11 20222 years126th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 19:3524th Apr 24 08:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Finances & Supporting the Club : Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:14 pm  
I’d like to know peoples thoughts on fans cancelling their Direct debits etc. For me, it’s poor form despite what the club are delivering.

Fans who pay upfront can’t ask for a refund and the way I see it is you commit your DD for the season. If we’re crap don’t renew next year but you’ve committed for the season.

It’s also a double edged sword, if we walk away now the club has less money and recruits on the cheap. If we bite the bullet and support the club can splash some cash.

Pearson is obviously trying to balance the books post Covid and by all accounts it’ll be positive be viewing this year… finally.

Hopefully that signals a return to pre 2020 where we ran some of the most expensive squads in the league and weren’t afraid to go big. This time with TS in charge and an academy to be proud of.

Anybody actually willing to commit some actual information about these potential investments or just remain cryptic. From my experience those ‘in the know’ who aren’t willing to say what they’ve apparently been told are clueless and have usually read the information in the pub or on a Facebook page.
Steve0 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 03 200321 years35th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 20:0826th Apr 24 08:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:48 pm  
When you get two days off a week, inflation is 10%, and wages aren't keeping pace with it, I don't begrudge fans deciding not to turn up to games. Why bother planning your weekends around the hull game, only for the day to be wasted when they serve up rubbish like that. At the end of the day, the club are a business, and people have a right to vote with their feet "in any kind of weather" is a marketing technique the club can use to guilt trip you into attending despite the product being awful and not worth your time
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years31st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 19:5624th Apr 24 20:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:54 am  
Well I'm not on Facebook, but I'm pretty clueless and I was in the pub last night so I guess I'm qualified to reply.

What I do know is that the Government is about to start requiring the repayments of a substantial Covid loan we took out to get through those two traumatic years. This will be a substantial drain on our revenue budget and cause us major issues cash flow wise. The club are currently attempting by meeting the government to re-phase the loan repayments but the situation is not good. I also know that any thoughts that the next balance sheet out turn is going to be favourable is wide of the mark we might be on a more even keel but that's all. On the bright side we have more sponsors and sponsorship income than we have ever had as a club and a lot of hard work by Clark and Co has put us in that position.

I also know that although there have been encouraging soundings no talks have as yet taken place with the football Club over our stadium Lease which is up for review in 2027. In short we are in a hole and it's only thanks to Adam that we are still afloat. We should support him all we can and It's quite ironic really that the number of Dobbins fans coming out of the woodwork to attend what looks to be one of the most one sided Derby games for years are actually providing our club with a financial boost. I also know that all clubs are mindful of the fact that the IMG out turn coming when it does deems avoiding the drop this year as critical, as the team that does go down could well be sunk.

On the sticking with you club stuff well for many reading this however bad things are and we have seen a worse times than these (but I accepts that compared with the 70's and 90's the stakes are so much higher now) we just stand by our club because you can't go anywhere else. Rugby League is a community sport and unlike Football where the pub is bursting with lifelong Man U and Liverpool supporters who have never been anywhere near Anfield and Old Trafford, we support our local family team and do it through thick and thin (and as of now extremely thin). So the club does need us to hold the line if we can, although I totally accept that for some economic difficulties do come into play and its not realistic to expect fans to not put food on the table to spend £150 plus to take the family to Warrington or £80 a month for season passes to see that garbage served up.

But sport is subjective and if you feel so aggrieved that you want to stop paying your direct debit for any other reason than your current economic state then so be it. Im lucky I can afford it but Ive paid my direct debit for the last three years and yet ( due to none rugby circumstances) only been able to attend a handful of games, but I do it because I love the club and after my family and my own well being are catered for they are my next and first priority's for they were my granddads club, my dad club and they are my children's club too. That's just the way it is, fool that I am, but I guess what I'm trying to say is we are in a hole on the field which only exasibates the hole we are in off it, for it's a self perpetuating situation. Crowds go down income goes down the clubs debts go up!

As someone said on here we have a great coach a great academy a loyal owner and many hard working staff but unfortunately for now despite a fabulous training set up where we have some brilliant players (when they want to be) who get everything they need they re still woeful out on the field. they have all they need including for many the ability to be so much better. they deserve a wake up call but withdrawing your support might damage them in the short term but in the long term it could render us all having no club to support.
Last edited by The Dentist Wilf on Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7204
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years33rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 00:3425th Apr 24 18:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:14 am  
Great read
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16913No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 19:4925th Apr 24 19:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:20 pm  
I've written 2023 off, I expected an up and down year but its been worse than expected. How good our recruitment is for 2024 is key to whether I renew next year or not, its been a long time since ive felt consistently entertained going to the MKM and the atmospehee is poor. I dont mind losing tight games where the fans have been singing away but 50 point defeats where everyone is sat moaning and booing is another thing.

Im also personally at my limit for the 'back the club in these hard times' rhetoric, the club didnt have to spunk its highest salary ever on a past it with a bad reputation Josh Reynolds as just one example of financial stupidity in recent times.
Ellam 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4222No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 10:2825th Apr 24 07:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:17 pm  
Problem with AP he can say what he wants in the public domain but he's turned down investment(MKM) into the club as he wants full control.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 07 20159 years255th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 07:393rd Apr 24 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:22 am  
I usually pay in full but decided this year to flip to the DD, no regrets there. FC is part of my DNA and will remain so as long as I breath. no-one has a devine right for success, yes the fans deserve better, but it looks like we are going to have to suck it up this year and hope for better times ahead under TS. I have spoken to AP on a number of occasions including before the Leigh game, he is desperate for success, without him we are a middling championship team at best. I personally believe things will improve after the 1st May contract decisions and we will fair better in the second half of the season. In the long term the academy will be our saviour.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4879
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200618 years105th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:1521st Apr 24 07:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
Signature
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:48 am  
Having served my apprenticeship as a young boy on the Gordon Street terracing in the 40's I have followed this club continually apart from a period when I was working away from the city. I'll be there on Friday and every home game thereafter. I don't travel to away matches any longer but have done my stint at Barley Mow, Clarence Street etc. Like everyone else I'm not enjoying this year but as long as they do their best they'll have my support. Its up to the players now.
Ellam 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4222No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 10:2825th Apr 24 07:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:19 pm  
Well said lads
HU8HFC 
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 09 20222 years68th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 20:2025th Apr 24 14:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finances & Supporting the Club : Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:57 pm  
I think one thing for sure with this club is that there will always be a strong core of supporters who will back this side till death. This club has given me some of the best days of my life and have made lifelong friends along the way, does it hurt seeing a squad that clearly doesn't show the same love to the badge as much as we do? Absolutely. But that will never deter us. We are in a dark patch, certainly the darkest I can recall, however I was way too young to appreciate the hardships of the 90s.

It's hard, I have walked away from a few games in recent years thinking 'is it worth it?' but of course it is, simply could not imagine not going to the match, home or away. Patience is wearing thin with some and its completely understandable but we are needed more than ever. We will laugh at this rough patch in a few years time when Tony has taken us to Old Trafford :lol:
Next

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Darnell McIntosh to Leigh
LeythIg
11m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
B0NES
12m
TV games not Wire