Player Coach978
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 20:3522nd May 24 19:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the land of wishful thinking once more. Patiently waiting for our time to finally arrive.
Signature
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011.

Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony.

I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.

A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:29 pm  
Same thoughts as everyone else really.
That was truly shocking, right up there with some of the other diabolical displays we've had to endure over the past 5/6 years (and God knows there's been a few of them).

Low in energy, low in spirit, low in desire, determination and commitment. Disorganised, disinterested, inept and clueless. Some of our defensive reads, first half especially, were almost comical in the sheer level of their ineptitude (not that any of us were laughing). It's a truism in sport, in all sports, that when things aren't going well, go back to basics, keep it simple and direct and build back up from there, but we can't even carry out the foundational basics of RL football to any degree of competency.

Everyone connected with the club; Pearson, Smith, Gene, the rest of the (so-called) coaching staff, the players, Mr DJ, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, need to take a look at themselves, at where they think they are taking this club, because right now the direction seems to be irreversibly downwards with any flickering hope that the fanbase has being rapidly extinguished.

I would give a little pat on the back though to Tex Hoy who showed some classy touches in attack (without an ounce of support or back-up), although in defence he must have felt at times like the last remaining soldier in Custer's last stand!

This is the worst state we have been in since 1999, at least? This cannot seriously go on for too much longer, something, somewhere has to change. I get a feeling the last remnants of fan patience with Pearson/Smith/ the club itself! finally evaporated by half-time this afternoon.

Truly depressing times for the faithful. We can't see even a pinprick of light at the end of what now looks like a very long and dark tunnel. I know it's the immediate aftermath of a crushing defeat, and emotions always rage hard on nights like this, but, right now, I see no hope or encouragement for the rest of this year, nothing to cling onto as a positive to take forward.

Where, on earth, do we go from here?
BP1 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach978
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the land of wishful thinking once more. Patiently waiting for our time to finally arrive.
Signature
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011.

Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony.

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:39 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
The squad is simply not good enough but there's no excuse for lack of effort in defence and a clueless attack. The buck stops with Smith. Another thrashing and he'll have to go. The problem is can we afford to pay him off and who will replace him.

My thought is Smith has two games to stay in post (Cup game and a derby). There needs to be a massive reaction to the shambles we witnessed today. Not convinced that reaction will come, though.

Based on Smith's record in British RL over the past 20 years plus, I thought he would be the man to reset the attitude/culture within the club, but something is painfully not right.

Who would be available to take over the reins, I've no idea, there is no-one obvious (and available) that readily springs to mind, but we simply cannot go on like this for much longer.
HU8HFC 
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player691No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 09 20222 years63rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 20:2222nd May 24 10:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:51 pm  
I cannot stress this enough, all the anger and frustration now needs to be directed to those at the top. We have had coaches come and go and during the past 5/6 years not much has changed.

Remember who has done this season on the cheap, remember the ones who have kept loyal, die hard fans in the dark over pretty much everything that’s going on at the club. Remember who keeps stringing us on, acting as if we are thick and think things are just suddenly gonna change for the better.

Adam Pearson, thank you for what you’ve done, but it is simply time to give up the fight and go.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7895
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 16:4022nd May 24 15:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:54 pm  
BP1 wrote:
My thought is Smith has two games to stay in post (Cup game and a derby). There needs to be a massive reaction to the shambles we witnessed today. Not convinced that reaction will come, though.

Based on Smith's record in British RL over the past 20 years plus, I thought he would be the man to reset the attitude/culture within the club, but something is painfully not right.

Who would be available to take over the reins, I've no idea, there is no-one obvious (and available) that readily springs to mind, but we simply cannot go on like this for much longer.

Personally think Smith had had long enough to have made changes for better, unfortunately Smith and Genes impact has been to take the club even further backwards despite his record and experience.

I honestly believe we couldn’t do any worse than let Grix take on the role for the rest of season.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3562
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 03 200420 years142nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 22:4021st May 24 12:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I have lost interest

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:05 pm  
Hasbag wrote:
Pele on the bench.
No Amone or Lam for Leigh.

Good chance to get a win but discipline and ball retention has to be massively improved. Leigh will punish us if not.
A close game that could go either way.

FC fans only have Hope left
BP1 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach978
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:07 pm  
HU8HFC wrote:
I cannot stress this enough, all the anger and frustration now needs to be directed to those at the top. We have had coaches come and go and during the past 5/6 years not much has changed.

Remember who has done this season on the cheap, remember the ones who have kept loyal, die hard fans in the dark over pretty much everything that’s going on at the club. Remember who keeps stringing us on, acting as if we are thick and think things are just suddenly gonna change for the better.

Adam Pearson, thank you for what you’ve done, but it is simply time to give up the fight and go.

David Lloyd, Kath Hetherington, now Adam Pearson. Each of whom thought they could run down our club without any of us noticing. The buck, ultimately stops at the top, and that is the Chairman/CEO/ Owner. He has to front up and accept responsibility that this mess is of his own making.

It's only three years ago that TS took a club to within 80 minutes of a GF appearance. A club, remember, that had only one top-six finish in the preceding 35 years, and here we are not much more than 30 months later and Smith looks like he's never seen a game of RL before, so ineffective he's become. Seems odd that after a largely successful coaching career he's suddenly lost his way so spectacularly.

There is something rotten in the state of Belgium (and indeed West Hull as well!). Whatever good Pearson (and Smith) were going to do, their time has been and gone. I have no idea of who/how/where we change the dial, but change has to come, and significant major change at that, or we risk disappearing down a large hole for good.
RankPostsTeam
International Star108No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 23 201014 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 21:1230th Mar 24 10:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:08 pm  
Our recruitment and retention has been poor for years. I suspect that two of our biggest losses not appreciated at the time were Andy Last and Gareth Ellis from the coaching team, for their attention to detail and leadership respectively. I think that really came home to roost today. The coaching team looks really thin.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 20159 years162nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 22:1618th May 24 20:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:18 pm  
smith takimg dobbins to a 6th spot finish is no big deal.theres only 12 in league,in other words the best he did with dobbins was make them average.andy last did same f or hull the previous season.big deal.i
HU8HFC 
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player691No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 09 20222 years63rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 20:2222nd May 24 10:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:20 pm  
I have had a lot of time/sympathy for Smith, i felt that he’s been put in a bit of an impossible position.

One thing I will say however is that he has spent the full week begging for a quicker pace to the game. Well today we got one and we conceded 54 points. An absolute shambles, today is the first time I’ve felt that he is truly out of touch with the state of the game, every try in the 2nd half we barley laid a finger on a Leigh player. It simply isn’t good enough.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2307
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 30 201014 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 22:1622nd May 24 10:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:21 pm  
fosdyke99 wrote:
smith takimg dobbins to a 6th spot finish is no big deal.theres only 12 in league,in other words the best he did with dobbins was make them average.andy last did same f or hull the previous season.big deal.i

Last then completely failed at Castleford before getting the boot. He wasn’t the answer.
PreviousNext