u RLFANS.COM - Todd is God


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:10 pm
Posts: 15980
Location: Boulevard with my balls of steel!
Big Dave T wrote:If Motu is fit i'd put him on the bench.


So would I but not because I think Byrne had a great game on Friday (he was solid, nothing more) but because I dont think Motu could handle a full 80 so coming off the bench would be less pressure for him. If Motu was "fully fit" he would be straight back at FB for me.






Cuddle Club Rules

1. You dont talk about Cuddle club

2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CUDDLE CLUB!!!!

PS3 tag = Robbo_4444

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 am 
PLATINUM RLFANS MEMBER
PLATINUM RLFANS MEMBER

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:27 am
Posts: 53839
Location: North Yorkshire
Big Dave T wrote:If Motu is fit i'd put him on the bench.


No need for Motu and Byrne in the same squad, its one or the other for me. We can't be wasting bench spots on the assumption it's unfair on players. We need the best 17 so tough choices have to be made.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:42 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:25 pm
Posts: 29160
Location: Hull
PAUL M wrote:No need for Motu and Byrne in the same squad, its one or the other for me. We can't be wasting bench spots on the assumption it's unfair on players. We need the best 17 so tough choices have to be made.


Motu would purely be in to get 20 mins of match fitness. I'd have him on the bench and may even use him to spell Berro for 20.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:57 pm
Posts: 3648
Big Dave T wrote:Motu would purely be in to get 20 mins of match fitness. I'd have him on the bench and may even use him to spell Berro for 20.


Celtics defending around the ruck has been poor.

Danny Houghton would have a field day if he was to spell Berro. :wink:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:25 pm
Posts: 29160
Location: Hull
knocker norton wrote:Celtics defending around the ruck has been poor.

Danny Houghton would have a field day if he was to spell Berro. :wink:


Think thats what we'll go with anyway. Motu may be better getting the fitness built up more before we throw him into a game. At least with Byrne playing well we dont need to rush him back this time.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:29 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:12 pm
Posts: 10838
Location: Hull
knocker norton wrote:Celtics defending around the ruck has been poor.

Danny Houghton would have a field day if he was to spell Berro. :wink:


This is an area we must exploit, Like you say ,thieve been awful in this department especially against Salford. Berrigan will be better for his run to.
One thing i like about Celtic though ,is the expansive style of rugby there trying to play.






As I tread the Boulevard floor
Will I see you once more, Because you've coloured my mind .

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:31 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:57 pm
Posts: 3648
B0NES wrote:This is an area we must exploit, Like you say ,thieve been awful in this department especially against Salford. Berrigan will be better for his run to.
One thing i like about Celtic though ,is the expansive style of rugby there trying to play.


They do play exciting expansive rugby but usually when they are 20 points down! :D

I am sure they will be very keen to put on a show for their home crowd on Saturday.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 pm
Posts: 8987
B0NES wrote:One thing i like about Celtic though ,is the expansive style of rugby there trying to play.
Yeah they do play a good style of rugby and their main strike play is the inside ball to Duggan behind the PTB which is a area we have struggled with due to lazy defenders.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:11 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 18198
Location: Hull
TODD IS A COD!






Image

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore,
Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:40 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 pm
Posts: 358
If Byrne plays like this week in, week out then Tony will and should be on the bench. Apart from that one mistake he caught everything and stopped everything. Watching him set himself for a one on one tackle you could see he was confident. I like Tony but he makes me nervous.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next





It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armavinit, Boardwalkempire2, Mr. Zucchini Head, shauney and 82 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,023,8531,02978,0314,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






34

.