u RLFANS.COM - Local Youth and Amateur Rugby News & Info

Post subject: Pantomime Villain
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:50 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Insightful chat with Jake Connor here, never realised he lost his father to a heart attack at a young age.
https://www.rugby-league.com/ourvoice/jake-connor.html

Post subject: Re: Pantomime Villain
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Great informative read. Well done Jake for opening up.

easty wrote"If you want to watch the best R.L players in the country then at the moment you'll be choosing Leeds or Hull F.C. If you want to watch your R.L in one of the best stadiums in the country you'll be again wanting Hull F.C."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:29 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It’s really easy being judgemental but the problem is you just don’t know the people your judging. Well done Jake. Here’s hoping you and the team have an excellent year :BOW:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

No denying Jake is a huge talent and a player opposition fans love to hate, glad we have him at Hull FC.

I applaud Jake for admitting he has some issues and taking action to resolve them and Paul Hatton for supporting Jake in this, as someone myself who suffers from mental health its so important to open up and tell people not bottle it up.

Think its fair to say Jake wasn't on form last season and think his injury at the very start did him no favours as he never really seemed switched on and was a shadow of the player we all saw in 2018.
Looking forward to seeing back at his devastating best in 2020.

I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:25 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Really fascinating reading and explains a lot about the little we see from the outside.

We all like to oversimplify issues we see in life to 'put them in our (own) labelled boxes', which we have to do, so that we can make sense of the world around us. In reality most things are a lot more complex than we can imagine. When we get limited information, that oversimplification can lead to unfair judgement of others.

This might seem like a big leap, but the petty positions that people adopt on this board and the squabbles that ensue are (thankfully) put in perspective when we hear of the situation involving Rob Burrow (and potentially Mose Masoe). Great to see the true spirit of the RL family rally round of late.

"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't." - Emerson M. Pugh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:45 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Love to see Jake at right centre with Ratu but i have a feeling we may lose him this season.
A lot may depend on whether Kelly has a good relatively injury free season and wants to stay or return to Australia.
Without doubt Connor will be moved around again and may not suit his desire to play regularly at 6 but if Albo decides to return to Australia he may decide to wait.
I hope he stays around and we see what a fully fit Jake Connor can do but cant see him being satisfied to be starting on the bench.

It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com