18th Apr 24 07:2619th Feb 24 19:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Born and raised on Black and White

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:05 am  
morrisseyisawire wrote:
Hi All, Wire fan in peace. When the clamour started for us to get rid of Tony Smith, I argued long and hard that he didn't turn into a bad coach overnight and it was the players who were letting us down.

Here was a man who had given us long overdue success, had us playing great rugby and rescued us from dross and underachievement year on year and yet he was treated like a leper.

Well, he went, and apart from a tough opening two months under Price when it looked like we had dropped a monumental clanger, we've been on an upward trajectory.

Some of the players look technically totally different, and they all look happier so maybe it's true, everyone has a sell-by date, there's no room for emotion and last week, last year and any glory along the way only belong in the record books.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Good post,you are right,history is for the history books and you can't live on the past. :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
International Star2287
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years37th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:5015th Apr 24 15:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am  
Unfortunately he’s taken this club as far as he can. Poor recruitment has done him. We’re simply not good enough. You could retain only about 18 of the first team squad but it’s going to cost Adam a shed load to build another team and he’s already said in programme notes, he’s looking for investors. We’re going nowhere, fast.
Get used to mediocrity or worse because if things stay the same, we’re heading for the dog fight of relegation and our mental strength will not be up to it, as the terrible run recently has shown.
Not sure another coach could take this squad any further. I think Adam will be planning to replace the coaching team from next season but do now question his resolve and resources to make the big decisions that need to be taken.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 13 20186 years244th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:1714th Apr 24 20:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am  
Some of the posts on here are like from a playground squabble, he said this she said that , I meant whatever ... regards Radders I do think he’s a decent coach and hasn’t become a bad one in a few months . But like some have said he is starting to make a few to many records that are not good with record defeats and runs etc . But surely they all can’t be down to bad luck or injuries. Suppose a lot depends on who we sign and resign , is down too .If it’s radders then he must take the blame for the current mess , if not does it give him more time ! Personally I’m in 2 minds what the best outcome is , I’m not one for getting rid after a bad run every time . I just think the club has gone stale , probably needs a new voice and ideas for the players to have and listen to . But if that’s the route we go down , it has to be the right person , not just any quick fix who has had ties with the club . Also some major investment from Pearson to let us catch up with the bigger clubs , but I’m not that confident on Pearson doing that . I do think Radford will see the season out , as long we stay mid table and not fighting a relegation battle .
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29700No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200519 years23rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 05:0913th Apr 24 19:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:24 am  
Windy winger wrote:
Some of the posts on here are like from a playground squabble, he said this she said that , I meant whatever ... regards Radders I do think he’s a decent coach and hasn’t become a bad one in a few months . But like some have said he is starting to make a few to many records that are not good with record defeats and runs etc . But surely they all can’t be down to bad luck or injuries. Suppose a lot depends on who we sign and resign , is down too .If it’s radders then he must take the blame for the current mess , if not does it give him more time ! Personally I’m in 2 minds what the best outcome is , I’m not one for getting rid after a bad run every time . I just think the club has gone stale , probably needs a new voice and ideas for the players to have and listen to . But if that’s the route we go down , it has to be the right person , not just any quick fix who has had ties with the club . Also some major investment from Pearson to let us catch up with the bigger clubs , but I’m not that confident on Pearson doing that . I do think Radford will see the season out , as long we stay mid table and not fighting a relegation battle .

Good post.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7198
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 06:5115th Apr 24 08:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:27 am  
Windy winger wrote:
Top post Windy :CLAP: :CLAP:
B0NES 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11979
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200519 years94th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:1418th Apr 24 11:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:43 am  
Windy winger wrote:

Good Post , I think Pearson cant afford to wait till the end of the season , with so many of the squad ooc , it doesn't leave the new coach a long timeframe to plan and recruit accordingly .
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 25 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd May 19 06:3719th May 19 04:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:50 am  
B0NES wrote:
Good Post , I think Pearson cant afford to wait till the end of the season , with so many of the squad ooc , it doesn't leave the new coach a long timeframe to plan and recruit accordingly .

I firmly believe the club needs investment, AP clearly isn't prepared to do so, he's sunk a lot of money in, two Challenge Cups don't pay the bills, recruitment and retention has been poor.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years68th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 12:1517th Apr 24 12:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:27 pm  
How about 2 challenge cups, the Aussie trip, the lineham and watts fees recieved annnnd decent attendances , record pass sales and shirt sales year on year, anybody know what our costs are as it seems there’s a black hole where incomes concerned, and I arnt entirely convinced we’re upto cap .

I shall say it again recruitment and retention has gone bAdly, some serious cases of sentiment and misjudgement. We need somebody with no emotionless life ties to the cub who’s going to be ruthless in retention and recruitment as it needs to be a lot better

As does the reinvestment of income
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7833
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 09:0018th Apr 24 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:04 pm  
Windy winger wrote:

That’s the problem he’s a decent coach not a top coach that will take us to the next level. I think Radfords done well but there are issues he just does not seem able to sort in terms of discipline on field and slow line speed etc.
Defensively we are awful this season which was a strong point in previous seasons.
Do think Radford and the coaching staff have needed someone else from outside that can bring some freshness into the system and help take us further. That doesn’t seem likely to happen though as if it was it would have done by now.
Isaiah 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3378
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 28 200419 years177th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Oct 23 16:0818th Jul 23 11:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Radford out : Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:31 pm  
My concern is this years recruitment and retention. If Radford is to go I would hope it is sooner rather than later.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
HU8HFC
3m
FINANCES
Sideshow Bob
9m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 8