WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Recruitment 2020
Re: Recruitment 2020 Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:24 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2087
Jones has been bang average for Salford tonight. How the hell is he up for MOTM?
Re: Recruitment 2020 Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:54 pm  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 18710
hull2524 wrote:
Watts has left, hes gone, he doesn't play for us anymore, he plays for cas, not hull fc, how many times do we have to listen it was a mistake to let him go, maybe it was we don't know all the facts, but repeating it over and over again isn't gonna change anything, time to move on


Well said. Mind you some people still bang on about Schofield leaving over thirty years ago.
Re: Recruitment 2020 Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 pm  

User avatarJake the Peg wrote:
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28901
jones is solid in defence and puts in a massive workload. If you could mould a radford type player he would fit right into it. Not dynamic but just the type of player we need. Hopefully Mau and Savelio will bring more dynamism to the 2nd row
Re: Recruitment 2020 Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:23 am  

User avatarUllFC wrote:
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 15375
Hope Jones brings some tips and Videos of how Salford are training and playing along with him. Yes they have a top class player in Hastings but there's a massive difference in attitude and effort than what we've been serving up. Players taking the ball up keep their legs pumping after contact being just one example.

Also Watson is getting much improved performances from players who are distinctly average or past it, such as Inu and Welham.
Re: Recruitment 2020 Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:31 am  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19665
Location: Back in Hull.
Jake the Peg wrote:
jones is solid in defence and puts in a massive workload. If you could mould a radford type player he would fit right into it. Not dynamic but just the type of player we need. Hopefully Mau and Savelio will bring more dynamism to the 2nd row


Jones is very attacking, breaks the tackle loads and is one of the top offloaders in SL.. What do you class as dynamic?
Re: Recruitment 2020 Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:10 am  
giddyupoldfella User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 1018
Location: on route to old trafford via wembley
Watts last action in an FC shirt. Home game against Warrington, I think it was the first game after the Australia trip,. Last ten minutes, the games already won, we're just playing out the last few minutes, we have the ball, Watts takes it in, gets up and headbutts a Warrington player, gets himself a 3 game ban for no reason but his own indiscipline.

The previous season I think he was sent off 3 times, now at least 1 of those sending off's was harsh, but I'd assume that his targets for 2018 were to improve his discipline, headbutting a player for no reason is not improvement, it's going backwards.

I can see why he was let go.
Re: Recruitment 2020 Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2087
Dave K. wrote:
Jones is very attacking, breaks the tackle loads and is one of the top offloaders in SL.. What do you class as dynamic?

He had a seiously out of sorts game last night then.
Re: Recruitment 2020 Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 am  

User avatarComeOnYouUll wrote:
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 18710
IR80 wrote:
He had a seiously out of sorts game last night then.


No he didn't.

123 metres
22 carries
4 tackle busts
31 tackles
Re: Recruitment 2020 Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:57 am  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2087
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
No he didn't.

123 metres
22 carries
4 tackle busts
31 tackles

how many metres and carries sideways?

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him in the B&W Hull FC kit, many seem to rate him.
Re: Recruitment 2020 Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:31 am  

Wilde 3 wrote:
Wilde 3 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6892
IR80 wrote:
how many metres and carries sideways?

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him in the B&W Hull FC kit, many seem to rate him.


Same sideways metres as Minichiello then
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Airlie Street, Cardiff_05, Chris71, ComeOnYouUll, des lawson, edinburgh yorkie, Ena Street, g_balls, Glenn1973, IR80, K-Diddy, Marcus's Bicycle, Mike1970, Plum Bob, scarrie, scott-the-red, SirBlighty, swissfan, Tarquin Fuego and 269 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,055,3121,55778,1614,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts