7th Aug 23 08:306th May 22 09:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:33 am  
Dave K. wrote:
I have found one, our old friend Bumpy........

I used to respect his views, each to their own after all. But his stead fast hatred of Radford and anything he does is not just boring and embarrassing himself, it based on a lot of opinion rather than any real truth.

He is quoted on TRL as saying he would not offer any credit to Radford even if we won the GF as we would have won it despite Radford not because of him. He bangs on about blocking the progression of youth players and only quotes Fash and Masi as examples of players Radford has brought though. This is forgetting the likes of Wynne, Scott, Buchanan, Brown, Lane who have all featured this season. His come back to this would be that they are not established players! Does he realise there are only 13 players allowed on the pitch at any one time? Should Wynne be on place of Shaul? (Shaul, who has got better under Radford, but according to Denton was bullied by Radford ). Would Scott and Buchanan get in front of any of our 3/4's when all are available?

Its competitive sport, there are in it to win, not just take part. I have said this in the past, but I couldn't care less where a player was born / brought up as long as they give their all when wearing the shirt.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 09 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Aug 23 08:306th May 22 09:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:51 am  
Jake the Peg wrote:
He's not a very good player. He got dropped for a young kid at saints because he regularly makes stupid errors. he's barely played a first team game since holbrook took over

I know you are not a fan of Swift, thats your choice and I do respect that. But lets give he lad a level playing field here.

Swift was out injured (April 2017) when Regan Grace made his debut, Swift had not been dropped. A few searches on google will confirm this if you feel the need. Grace took his opportunity with both hands and fair play to him. A little like when Tom Briscoe debuted for Hull in the place of either Matt Sing or Gareth Raynor yet kept his place (would you say either of Sing or Raynor were no good for being replaced by a young kid?).

A quick read of RedVee will tell you that Swift is a decent player and many St's fans are sad to see him go. You quoting "regularly makes stupid errors" is not fact based.

He has pace, a lot of it. He is a very good finisher.

But above all, He is highly likely to represent Hull FC next year. Can you not give the lad some support?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200618 years156th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 10:4921st Apr 24 08:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:53 am  
If the rumours about Sao and Ma'u are true:

Shaul
Ratu
Connor
Fonua
Faraimo
Kelly
Sneyd
Taylor
Houghton
Bowden
Jones
Ma'u
Tuimavave

Griffin
Sao
Green (Fingers crossed he stays)
Savelio

That's an awesome 17 imo.

Griffin to primarily be a second row but also can cover all of the back position in case of injury or tactical change. Sao to play as a prop. Green as a prop. Savelio to cover both second row and prop. If Green leaves then swap him for whoever his replacement is.

I really like the idea of Tuimavave at 13. Very fit, good defender, strong ball carrier, and can also play as a pivot. It allows us to get all of our star players in the side.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7853
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 18:0127th Apr 24 01:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 am  
Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
I used to respect his views, each to their own after all. But his stead fast hatred of Radford and anything he does is not just boring and embarrassing himself, it based on a lot of opinion rather than any real truth.

He is quoted on TRL as saying he would not offer any credit to Radford even if we won the GF as we would have won it despite Radford not because of him. He bangs on about blocking the progression of youth players and only quotes Fash and Masi as examples of players Radford has brought though. This is forgetting the likes of Wynne, Scott, Buchanan, Brown, Lane who have all featured this season. His come back to this would be that they are not established players! Does he realise there are only 13 players allowed on the pitch at any one time? Should Wynne be on place of Shaul? (Shaul, who has got better under Radford, but according to Denton was bullied by Radford ). Would Scott and Buchanan get in front of any of our 3/4's when all are available?

Its competitive sport, there are in it to win, not just take part. I have said this in the past, but I couldn't care less where a player was born / brought up as long as they give their all when wearing the shirt.

Indeed this is the same Jamie Shaul who Gentle was going to bin if I recall and it was only through Radford's efforts that we kept hold of Shaul.

The problem with youth players and bringing them through has been a difficult task especially when as a club before AP took over found the academy side of things severely neglected. The changes made to the clubs youth programs were instigated by Radford. even AP made reference to this is a few interviews he's done over the years.
The other factor that has been a big problem with development is the lack of opportunity at a decent level from youth to senior RL hence why the club have been pushing for the reserve system to be brought in. This isn't just a problem we as a club face but RL in general. The only other solution if we don't go with mandatory reserve teams for all SL clubs would be to go down the USA sport route of farm teams so each SL club would in affect have an association with a championship team and have a major say in the playing rosters etc. The latter just won't happen as the sport isn't geared for that in any way.

I think all that said the club have indeed been producing the players through the system and it is evident in the team, lets face it Leeds who had a great youth line are struggling to get ones through that are good enough and they aren't the only ones. The other factor we tend to over look is the game is different to say 10 years ago so players coming through now have to be even better than players previously were to make it in to first team rugby, by law of average means less will make it.

Any way I've been critical of Radford at times as most have but we can't deny he has taken the club forward and achieved and even with the disappointments along the way has got more right than wrong.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 03 200420 years144th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 21:5414th Apr 24 03:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I have lost interest

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:24 am  
If you email Adam P he will usually take the time to reply
He emailed today to say there were a few more signings on the way
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12463
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200914 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 23:1326th Apr 24 19:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:34 am  
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
If you email Adam P he will usually take the time to reply
He emailed today to say there were a few more signings on the way

I can see how you are entertainment value to him. :)
RankPostsTeam
International Star3306
JoinedServiceReputation
May 12 201113 years166th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 08:4323rd Apr 24 13:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
All men are created equal, some work harder in preseason.
-Emmitt Smith

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 am  
Brilliant news. Can’t believe people are arguing about us having too many quality players! Long may it continue :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4521No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200815 years2nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 20:0927th Apr 24 19:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:46 am  
Exciting times to be a Hull fan.

Looks like we've learnt from this year, just having a deep squad isn't good enough. You need the quality there, which is why we have moved on Langtree and Thompson already

Not sure how we will fit all our star players into our backline next year, but its a nice problem to have. We've gone from having to chuck Thompson or Logan in at centre earlier this year, to having Connor, Carlos, Fonua or Buchannan ready to step in. Add in the depth on the wings, and the emergance of Wynne at full back. We must be looking at one of if not the best set of backs next year.

Hopefully we have the deals for Ma'u and Sao sorted and we're just waiting to announce them. Green has looked good since he's come back from injury, and he's managed to string a few games together which is pleasing, think he might end up staying. If we are losing Paea i'd like us to sign another prop too. Again to give us scope to roate the pack.

On Joe Cator, was he the young kid who covered hooker in the derby at the KCOM last year? Though he showed up well and put himself about, if its on the card he seems the replacment for Hadley.

If we have signed anyone on a Marquee wage, we don't have to announce that they are. If Ma'u and Fonua are those players, it might be best to keep hush. Looking at the impact it had on Prichard, Roberts and even Merrin to a degree.

We could be lining up something like this next year. If we do, I think we'll have a good shot at wining the comp:

Shaul

Fonua
Connor
Carlos
Swift/Naulago

Kelly
Sneyd

Taylor
Houghton
Satae/Evans/Ikahihifo

Jones
Ma'u
Sao

Bowden
Green/New Prop?
Savelio
Griffin

Masi
Fash?
Levy
Brown
Bienek

Lane
Ellis
Cator?

Litten
Harris

Wynne
Swift/Naulago
Faraimo
Scott
Buchannan
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain152
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20177 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 22:0921st Jan 24 18:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't." - Emerson M. Pugh

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:04 am  
One thing that can't be underestimated in all this is the buzz that it brings to the club (just look at the level of activity on this board over the past few days compared with a few weeks ago). Bringing Mahe back is a masterstroke on so many levels - well done Lee, Adam and James Clark! Roll on the rest of this season and what anticipation there will be for next.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2204
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 08 200816 years235th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 13:5222nd Mar 24 16:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.

Re: Mahe Returns - Confirmed : Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am  
Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
I know you are not a fan of Swift, thats your choice and I do respect that. But lets give he lad a level playing field here.

Swift was out injured (April 2017) when Regan Grace made his debut, Swift had not been dropped. A few searches on google will confirm this if you feel the need. Grace took his opportunity with both hands and fair play to him. A little like when Tom Briscoe debuted for Hull in the place of either Matt Sing or Gareth Raynor yet kept his place (would you say either of Sing or Raynor were no good for being replaced by a young kid?).

A quick read of RedVee will tell you that Swift is a decent player and many St's fans are sad to see him go. You quoting "regularly makes stupid errors" is not fact based.

He has pace, a lot of it. He is a very good finisher.

But above all, He is highly likely to represent Hull FC next year. Can you not give the lad some support?

Over the years, we've all been overexposed to Swift. Saints have had more Sky coverage than almost any other team. No-one needs to be told what he's like. He's a 100% grafter and overall he's ok. The positive types on here are making out he's much quicker than he is. He almost never goes the length when in space. If he was to start over Ratu it would be criminal. The negative types are really exaggerating him being prone to errors. He won't let us down when we need to call him up. The fact is we'd never have signed him had we known Mahe would become available, and now he should be in the same position he's been in this season at Saints. It's unfortunate for him but if he wants a weekly start, we should look to loan him out for a season.
PreviousNext