FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford (Home)
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 20159 years175th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 17:4517th Apr 24 18:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:10 pm  
ive heard pearson is trying to get both remaining home games moved to Costello playing fields.might have a chance then.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7198
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years33rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 21:0015th Apr 24 08:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:19 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
But I bought four season tickets for this year, jam tomorrow. I never worry about losing or being duffed up, but last night, can be summed up by Hastings try at the end, we watched, we waited, we capitulated. No effort, no desire, no game plan, and seemingly no worries.

I stayed and clapped em off, I always do, but inwardly I was disgusted, deflated, and fekin angry.
I agree, but we are still in the hunt this year, I believe our pack is our main weakness and that's been addressed, I also think that these performances this year are bloomin awful, no excuses, but apart from saints the rest have been much the same, look at the posts earlier in the year a lot where saying we would be in a relegation battle, we are where we are because we just arnt good enough, although on our day we can trouble anyone, just that those days come along every 5/6 games lol, I still think we can finish 4th, but these awful performances need sorting, its just not good enough,
RankPostsTeam
International Star1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 19:5317th Apr 24 12:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:25 pm  
When people point the pack out as a weakness

What are your opinions on how we used Satae yesterday?

He was crying out for the ball, and we kept throwing it over or behind him, is it part of the game plan to just use two props and not pass to the others, found it really odd he got one pass in his first stint
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7833
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:5218th Apr 24 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:57 pm  
At the end of the day no matter how you try and excuse or justify the performance last night it is and was simply inexcusable and unacceptable. Now you can say yes but we’re still in 4th blah blah blah but we can’t seriously think that a team that has the mental attitude to dish up a steaming turd performance with what was riding on it is going to achieve success, it’s dillusional.

I hope the club as a whole come out and apologise and state it’s unacceptable.
As for LR sounding miffed that Hull FC don’t get the credit they deserve well dishing up that crap is a bit self defeating and if you want plaudits you need to sort it out.

I really can’t understand why some seem to try and justify last nights performance.
The fact these performances are becoming a frequent thing should be a major concern and it seems it something that can not be solved by the current coaching team.

Whilst I am very much looking forward to the squad assembled for next season I also am now wondering if we will just see the same crappy efforts too? It’s ok saying the packs been the problem but that’s only a small part, it’s the basic skills that are lacking like holding a bl00dy ball for one thing, no desire to front up in defence from ptb, instead just standing and waiting losing the collision every ptb, just sticking a kick up in the air to the corners on just about every set, no real effort to put opposition under sustained pressure.

In all honesty & sadly I just don’t think LR & AL can take us much further unless they get help.
Last edited by Chris71 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 05:4319th Apr 24 10:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:58 pm  
We don't share the work load well enough, just look at the stats from yesterday.

Thought Satae looked a handful, will need time to settle.

Not going to win anything i'd dread a final with Saints but we have to go down fighting in the last few games.
Last edited by Dave K. on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:05 pm  
Totally agree dave, some players looked exhausted due to overuse, others barely touched the ball, i dont get it is it the game plan, is houghton told to continually use the same players, it needs changing
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7833
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:5218th Apr 24 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:13 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
We don't share the work load well enough, just look at the stats from yesterday.

Thought Satae looked a handful, will need time to settle.

Not going to win anything is dread a final with Saints but we have to go down fighting in the last few games.
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Totally agree dave, some players looked exhausted due to overuse, overs barely touched the ball, i dont get it is it the game plan, is houghton told to continually use the same players, it needs changing

Agreed also and that’s my concern for next season that although recruitment fir next season has been good there is every chance we will still see much the same. As the issues do not seem to be getting looked at or rectified in the games. Our handling and speed of passing the ball is atrocious, the lack of desire to get in the faces of the opposition is another area that is seriously lacking as we lose so much ground then have to work harder get back up the field to be in with a chance near the oppositions line.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach562
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 15 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Sep 19 05:344th Sep 19 14:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the (Dark) Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:35 pm  
Chris71 wrote:
At the end of the day no matter how you try and excuse or justify the performance last night it is and was simply inexcusable and unacceptable. Now you can say yes but we’re still in 4th blah blah blah but we can’t seriously think that a team that has the mental attitude to dish up a steaming turd performance with what was riding on it is going to achieve success, it’s dillusional.

I hope the club as a whole come out and apologise and state it’s unacceptable.
As for LR sounding miffed that Hull FC don’t get the credit they deserve well dishing up that crap is a bit self defeating and if you want plaudits you need to sort it out.

I really can’t understand why some seem to try and justify last nights performance.
The fact these performances are becoming a frequent thing should be a major concern and it seems it something that can not be solved by the current coaching team.

Whilst I am very much looking forward to the squad assembled for next season I also am now wondering if we will just see the same crappy efforts too? It’s ok saying the packs been the problem but that’s only a small part, it’s the basic skills that are lacking like holding a bl00dy ball for one thing, no desire to front up in defence from ptb, instead just standing and waiting losing the collision every ptb, just sticking a kick up in the air to the corners on just about every set, no real effort to put opposition under sustained pressure.

In all honesty & sadly I just don’t think LR & AL can take us much further unless they get help.

Nail on the head there Chris! And one of the reasons it continues to happen is that so many fans are as apathetic to it as the club, happy to drift along on a wave of mediocrity. There's little pressure from the fan base when so many lemmings chuck themselves off the cliff after each other. As I've already alluded to, attitude, commitment and desire from the players will always count for more to a lot of fans than where we are in the table or cup. You feel like it matters to them. It seems like this bunch don't give a toss so long as they are getting paid.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 18 201410 years67th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:41 pm  
Which players have attitude problems?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach562
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 15 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Sep 19 05:344th Sep 19 14:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the (Dark) Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Re: Salford (Home) : Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:49 pm  
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Which players have attitude problems?

After some of the drubbings we've had this season it would be easier to say who hasn't. I don't mean attitude as in having a strop. I mean professional attitude towards their job instead of the 'don't give a sh!t3' attitude we've seen so often this year.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MadDogg
1m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 8
BRK
7m
Shopping list for 2025