Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:35 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:11 pm
Posts: 3241
Location: M27 but not part of the project !!
ccs wrote:Watson has Hastings, probably the best player in SL at the moment.


Hastings is by far the best player in super league (should really be going back to the NRL) he's magical the glue that holds everything together and dictates all the plays demands 100% from himself and everyone else, non negotiable, He's a winner and the single reason Wigan will sweep the board next season hopefully doing it for us first.

I reckon with your signings next season if you had signed JH you would be in with a shout of the big prize.

Now please don't take this the wrong way it's not meant to offend, but of all the things I've just said about Jacko look who you've got in the same position. (I don't want to diss the lad I like him he came through our system) but in RL terms Hull are a big club and when we sold him to you he was our fourth choice half back that's why we loaned him out to Cas for the season before, to date he's still your first choice halfback. I remember Koukash rubbing his hands when you came in with a big cheque for him he couldn't believe his luck. Sneyd is seven he should be running the show tbh other than his very good kicking game I fail to see what else he offers, and without a running organising 7 it doesn't matter how good your team is if no one is pulling the strings. actually he reminds me of another player that played for us that little spiffing chap playing for Leeds he will never worry any quality.

Maybe you need someone like Catalans signing Jimmy Maloney and then it might come together as it seems Radders is your man as long as Pearson is there !!






Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)


The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget


"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)



One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Salford red all over wrote:Hastings is by far the best player in super league (should really be going back to the NRL) he's magical the glue that holds everything together and dictates all the plays demands 100% from himself and everyone else, non negotiable, He's a winner and the single reason Wigan will sweep the board next season hopefully doing it for us first.

I reckon with your signings next season if you had signed JH you would be in with a shout of the big prize.

Now please don't take this the wrong way it's not meant to offend, but of all the things I've just said about Jacko look who you've got in the same position. (I don't want to diss the lad I like him he came through our system) but in RL terms Hull are a big club and when we sold him to you he was our fourth choice half back that's why we loaned him out to Cas for the season before, to date he's still your first choice halfback. I remember Koukash rubbing his hands when you came in with a big cheque for him he couldn't believe his luck. Sneyd is seven he should be running the show tbh other than his very good kicking game I fail to see what else he offers, and without a running organising 7 it doesn't matter how good your team is if no one is pulling the strings. actually he reminds me of another player that played for us that little spiffing chap playing for Leeds he will never worry any quality.

Maybe you need someone like Catalans signing Jimmy Maloney and then it might come together as it seems Radders is your man as long as Pearson is there !!


You played well on Saturday, and Hastings had a field day, no problem.

But it’s Salford who needs a new half I believe next season, this year I believe it’s 2-1 in our favour, and we’re content with our double Lance Todd trophy winner. If we can’t win the big prize, then I hope Salford can, I say that with respect, and without the need or class to attack any of your players.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:46 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:11 pm
Posts: 3241
Location: M27 but not part of the project !!
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:You played well on Saturday, and Hastings had a field day, no problem.

But it’s Salford who needs a new half I believe next season, this year I believe it’s 2-1 in our favour, and we’re content with our double Lance Todd trophy winner. If we can’t win the big prize, then I hope Salford can, I say that with respect, and without the need or class to attack any of your players.


Look I thought I said I liked the guy personally I didn't attack him I merely pointed out his deficiencies of which there are plenty, my point being as a big club maybe Hull need a better half , but if your ok with Sneyd then fair enough. As for us needing a new half there's nothing new in that we need a new second rower to replace Josh Jones as well as replacing Bibby/Griffin/Olpherts/Lui/Gleeson and others this happens every year, but I'm sure Watto will again turn a sows ear into a silk purse, just look at Tui Lolohea washed up at Leeds and already purring like a sports car.

Anyway good luck.






Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)


The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget


"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)



One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Salford red all over wrote:Look I thought I said I liked the guy personally I didn't attack him I merely pointed out his deficiencies of which there are plenty, my point being as a big club maybe Hull need a better half , but if your ok with Sneyd then fair enough. As for us needing a new half there's nothing new in that we need a new second rower to replace Josh Jones as well as replacing Bibby/Griffin/Olpherts/Lui/Gleeson and others this happens every year, but I'm sure Watto will again turn a sows ear into a silk purse, just look at Tui Lolohea washed up at Leeds and already purring like a sports car.

Anyway good luck.


Exactly look at Lolohea, didn’t work for Leeds, but he suits you guys, you see we’re I’m going with this.

And good luck to Salford in the run in, if there’s one club who has come through adversity in past seasons and come out looking good it’s the reds.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:39 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 3480
Location: West Hull
bonaire wrote:When i see deficiencies in players or in the coach i will comment as this is what discussion boards are about.
Yeaman is very old ground but was stealing a living from the club and should have been released but kept on too long by Radford very similar to the Mini and Manu situation,and then was then given a role at the club which he had no experience at all.There is no room for sentiment in sport or Business.
Connor has thrown his dummy out and been moved around doesnt help his game.You will see in my messages i want to see him back in the centre with Ratu even though he would make a much better full back than Shaul.
Griffin i have criticised as i dont think he is a good centre.he is now 29,has never been anywhere near an England call up so i cant be the only one who doesnt rate him as a centre. He has had a decent season but i have said previously several times he would make a better second row only for others on here to scoff at the idea yet Radford will move him into the second row next season so i think i am correct on this one.
I like jamie Shaul but just feel he is not kicking on in the full back position.he should be working his socks off on timing linking into the line and finding a pass but has stagnated.He also loses concentration at times around the play the ball and is not alert to an offload of loose ball.
Would be very happy if we could have a full back like Evalds
You have to wonder what coaches like Watson would be able to do with the budget and backing that Radford has but regretfully Radford wont be going anywhere else soon


:CLAP: :CLAP: .... IMO

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:29 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Posts: 959
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:You played well on Saturday, and Hastings had a field day, no problem.

But it’s Salford who needs a new half I believe next season, this year I believe it’s 2-1 in our favour, and we’re content with our double Lance Todd trophy winner. If we can’t win the big prize, then I hope Salford can, I say that with respect, and without the need or class to attack any of your players.


The Salford fan was merely giving his opinion on Sneyd that's all, no malice or animosity towards him, our club or any other fan and then you come out with that, rubbing it in his face about victories and Lance Todd trophy wins.
It was you who was the aggressor and needs to learn some respect and class, not the Salford guy.
No need to be so defensive, protective and petty just because his opinion of Sneyd differs to yours.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:57 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19442
Location: Back in Hull.
Salford red all over wrote:Hastings is by far the best player in super league (should really be going back to the NRL) he's magical the glue that holds everything together and dictates all the plays demands 100% from himself and everyone else, non negotiable, He's a winner and the single reason Wigan will sweep the board next season hopefully doing it for us first.

I reckon with your signings next season if you had signed JH you would be in with a shout of the big prize.

Now please don't take this the wrong way it's not meant to offend, but of all the things I've just said about Jacko look who you've got in the same position. (I don't want to diss the lad I like him he came through our system) but in RL terms Hull are a big club and when we sold him to you he was our fourth choice half back that's why we loaned him out to Cas for the season before, to date he's still your first choice halfback. I remember Koukash rubbing his hands when you came in with a big cheque for him he couldn't believe his luck. Sneyd is seven he should be running the show tbh other than his very good kicking game I fail to see what else he offers, and without a running organising 7 it doesn't matter how good your team is if no one is pulling the strings. actually he reminds me of another player that played for us that little spiffing chap playing for Leeds he will never worry any quality.

Maybe you need someone like Catalans signing Jimmy Maloney and then it might come together as it seems Radders is your man as long as Pearson is there !!



I have to disagree about Sneyd, as long as he has a runner with him he is a very good halfback, he actually has improved his passing game this year and has set up far more trys this year with that part of his game. Also a big game player, as he has shown on many many occasions, he isn't in Hastings league, but who is, SL are fortunate to have him and he won't be here much longer. I wouldn't swap Sneyd for many other halfs in the league (If any, as we could have him for the 10 years compared to the likes of Austin or Hastings).

Probably in our top 3 players this year, but behind a beaten pack he will struggle, even then he can pull out a bit of magic like the 2016 cup final to get us back in the game.

Well done on Saturday and the season, just hope ypu can keep the it going next year, when some players move on.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:13 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28643
Thankfully I was still enjoying the last day of my holiday so didn't have to witness yet another spineless capitulation by this so called team. Thank god we won't have the likes of green, litten, hadley manu and mini serving up dross like that again next year

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:15 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 4675
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Jake the Peg wrote:Thankfully I was still enjoying the last day of my holiday so didn't have to witness yet another spineless capitulation by this so called team. Thank god we won't have the likes of green, litten, hadley manu and mini serving up dross like that again next year


And to be fair we didn't on Saturday either and that didn't make a blind bit of difference. Its a concern that these performances will still be happening no matter what the 17 is next year as non of the issues seem to be getting rectified in terms other than personnel.

We still such poor ball control, poor discipline, lack of desire to meet the opposition in defence from the ptb, static in attack, very little running on to ball (though we did it a few times and scored, then didn't bother) our last play options are poor the majority of the time, rely on the kick to the corner by Sneyd way too much so its too easy to defend as the opposition know whats coming.
Admittedly since Kelly has been out at least Sneyd has been running and taking the line more.

Yet again there's a piece in the HDM from DH pretty much saying the rhetoric and regurgitated flannel from the past season or two after these diabolical performances.






I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Salford (Home)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 1410
Location: Kingston upon Hull
Bombed Out wrote:The Salford fan was merely giving his opinion on Sneyd that's all, no malice or animosity towards him, our club or any other fan and then you come out with that, rubbing it in his face about victories and Lance Todd trophy wins.
It was you who was the aggressor and needs to learn some respect and class, not the Salford guy.
No need to be so defensive, protective and petty just because his opinion of Sneyd differs to yours.


Stop pinching my lines, you little stalker you :D

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next





It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bishops finger, BoothferryBoy, Dave K., hs98, Jake the Peg, K-Diddy, NSW, Paddyfc, paperboy, RichM, shauney, themightynortherner, tommyfinn and 121 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:08 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,957,5981,69977,8234,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 14:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
DONCASTER
TODAY 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONEW
v
YORKW
TODAY 16:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
TODAY 18:30
 CH
TORONTO
v
TOULOUSE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





34

.