Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Memorial Video on Friday

Post subject: Memorial Video on Friday
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:09 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

One of my rugby highlights of the year will take place on Friday.
The memorial video that is shown at the game, remembering those black and whites we’ve lost in the past year.
Will be poignant this year as a friend I had will be on it.
I always find it very moving, especially remembering my family members who are no longer there to share the games with. Especially those who spent a lifetime supporting FC, but didn’t get to see Wembley 2016.
They’ll be in my thoughts, along with all those remembered on Friday.
It also puts it in perspective that, even though we may not all agree about players, coaches or owners, the common thread we share is our love for our club. It’s what binds us together, and like all families we don’t always like each other, don’t always get on but that’s okay.
As a wise MP once said - “We are far more united and have far more in common with each other, than things that divide us”

Post subject: Re: Memorial Video on Friday
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:31 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Irregular Hoops wrote:One of my rugby highlights of the year will take place on Friday.
The memorial video that is shown at the game, remembering those black and whites we’ve lost in the past year.
Will be poignant this year as a friend I had will be on it.
I always find it very moving, especially remembering my family members who are no longer there to share the games with. Especially those who spent a lifetime supporting FC, but didn’t get to see Wembley 2016.
They’ll be in my thoughts, along with all those remembered on Friday.
It also puts it in perspective that, even though we may not all agree about players, coaches or owners, the common thread we share is our love for our club. It’s what binds us together, and like all families we don’t always like each other, don’t always get on but that’s okay.
As a wise MP once said - “We are far more united and have far more in common with each other, than things that divide us”

Beautifully written, it’s in the blood. :BOW:

Post subject: Re: Memorial Video on Friday
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:02 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I never look at it, as the tears don't stop! I don't even know these people but we shared that 1 passion and 1 love x

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:31 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com