u RLFANS.COM - 53


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 53
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:13 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28901
Missed tackles last night.

Special mention to:

Player of the year josh griffin - 7

minichello - 7

kelly - 6

sneyd - 6

"Best defender in the squad" lane - 6

4th highest for missed tackles in the comp this season

No wonder our season has fallen apart. Absolutely disgraceful in defence for most of the season

I hope to god that pearson is bringing in a real defence coach for next year

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:01 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 2973
Location: United Kingdom
Try errors and penalties
Try LR’s September W/L %

Does anyone , and I mean , anyone think this will be resolved next year ?

Impossible






I have lost interest

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:14 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:30 pm
Posts: 9363
Location: Hull
Tarquin Fuego wrote:Try errors and penalties
Try LR’s September W/L %

Does anyone , and I mean , anyone think this will be resolved next year ?

Impossible

Don't worry removing Shaul from the team will sort all this.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:32 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 337
Jake the Peg wrote:Missed tackles last night.

Special mention to:

Player of the year josh griffin - 7

minichello - 7

kelly - 6

sneyd - 6

"Best defender in the squad" lane - 6

4th highest for missed tackles in the comp this season

No wonder our season has fallen apart. Absolutely disgraceful in defence for most of the season

I hope to god that pearson is bringing in a real defence coach for next year


Thanks for the stats which I agree are alarming.

I see quite a few posters advocating the recruitment of a new attacking coach for next season and you are (justifiably given these statistics) calling for a new defensive coach.
I don't see this happening though as if you recruit both what is the justification for keeping Radford on?






If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
Vince Lombardi

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:51 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm
Posts: 4260
Saints are 6th in the missed tackles table, and averaged around 2 tries per game conceded.

(We missed around 1 tackle per game more than saints this season.)

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:03 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am
Posts: 27585
Location: West Yorkshire
ccs wrote:Saints are 6th in the missed tackles table, and averaged around 2 tries per game conceded.

(We missed around 1 tackle per game more than saints.)


Good context ccs, thank you.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:45 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 337
ccs wrote:Saints are 6th in the missed tackles table, and averaged around 2 tries per game conceded.

(We missed around 1 tackle per game more than saints this season.)


Yes, but if you look at the number of marker tackles made by each club we are dead last, which would suggest our misses are clustered around the back of the ruck, the most critical area.






If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
Vince Lombardi

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:06 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm
Posts: 495
Lang Park wrote:Yes, but if you look at the number of marker tackles made by each club we are dead last, which would suggest our misses are clustered around the back of the ruck, the most critical area.

Which is surprising with amount of tackles Houghton makes, makes you wonder what everyone else is doing, or not doing

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm
Posts: 4260
Lang Park wrote:Yes, but if you look at the number of marker tackles made by each club we are dead last, which would suggest our misses are clustered around the back of the ruck, the most critical area.
But you can't assume that low marker tackles means we miss marker tackles.

You've also got to take into account the number of sets each team defends - the more sets, the more tackles, and the more missed tackles. And, of course, the opposite is true.
All too complicated.

Anyone notice 90% of saints' sets were 5 drives and a kick? I thought that was frowned upon.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 53
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:31 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 3537
ccs wrote:But you can't assume that low marker tackles means we miss marker tackles.

You've also got to take into account the number of sets each team defends - the more sets, the more tackles, and the more missed tackles. And, of course, the opposite is true.
All too complicated.

Anyone notice 90% of saints' sets were 5 drives and a kick? I thought that was frowned upon.


Not when the last tackle kick is effective
Dont forget Saints put 22 points on us and we were deemed to be playing well
It could have been a lot worse because Saints made several handling errors in good attacking positions

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next





It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hs98, The FC Aces, vitch, Windy winger and 128 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,038,1511,18678,0754,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 30th May 15:00
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 20th Jun 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 26th Jun 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC
Thu 2nd Jul 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 3rd Jul 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Fri 10th Jul 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL FC
Sat 25th Jul 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
TORONTO
Sun 2nd Aug 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 7th Aug 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 14th Aug 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 22nd Aug 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Sun 30th Aug 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Sat 5th Sep 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Fri 11th Sep 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






34

.