u RLFANS.COM - Round 4


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:08 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 28901
He's sure to get an interesting reception on Sunday but does anyone know of any specific things anyone is planning by way of protest? Anyone taking a rainbow flag or similar?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 18641
His views are abhorrent but hoperfully the crowd are more focussed on getting behind their own players than jeering Folau (or Sam Tomkins, the usual boo-boy).

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:00 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 888
Location: Australia
Jake the Peg wrote:He's sure to get an interesting reception on Sunday but does anyone know of any specific things anyone is planning by way of protest? Anyone taking a rainbow flag or similar?


My sister and brother-in- law who have been Hull FC season ticket holders for over 40 years are taking rainbow flags and my wife and I plus a UK relation are attending the annual iconic Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras tonight to view the parade and join the festivities.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:37 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6880
Nothing planned from me, he's just an opposition player

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:30 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Kingston upon Hull F.C.
Don’t agree with his views but don’t want to see any demos or anything.
We’ve had various visiting players visit the KCom who have been guilty of :

Glassing their partner
Indecent acts with animals
Urinating in their own mouths
racist abuse resulting in a ban
drink driving
homophobic abuse on social media
affairs with teammates wives
ABH
GBH
Domestic violence

Without any outrage shown at a game.
If we’re going to be morally correct we should be at least consistent as a game, and as supporters.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:55 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 5893
Agree






once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:20 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 11742
Irregular Hoops wrote:Don’t agree with his views but don’t want to see any demos or anything.
We’ve had various visiting players visit the KCom who have been guilty of :

Glassing their partner
Indecent acts with animals
Urinating in their own mouths
racist abuse resulting in a ban
drink driving
homophobic abuse on social media
affairs with teammates wives
ABH
GBH
Domestic violence

Without any outrage shown at a game.
If we’re going to be morally correct we should be at least consistent as a game, and as supporters.


Never mind visiting players. We have players in our own team who have done some of those things.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:30 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 992
Location: on route to old trafford via wembley
I won't be taking part in bullying this man.

The same hypocritical, bullies will be preaching about mental health during the season, no doubt.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:50 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 18641
giddyupoldfella wrote:I won't be taking part in bullying this man.

The same hypocritical, bullies will be preaching about mental health during the season, no doubt.


As I say I hope that the crowd will be more bothered about supporting the Hull players however if Folau gets any abuse then it's certainly not 'bullying', he's brought it on himself with his offensive tweets. No different than if he'd made anti-semitic comments.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Israel Falou
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:38 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 992
Location: on route to old trafford via wembley
ComeOnYouUll wrote:As I say I hope that the crowd will be more bothered about supporting the Hull players however if Folau gets any abuse then it's certainly not 'bullying', he's brought it on himself with his offensive tweets. No different than if he'd made anti-semitic comments.
BBC Look North have been riling the fans up, they may as well have basically said "go along to the game and give Folau abuse"

You say it's no different to being anti-semitic, yet Folau is going to get abused for his religious views. So, will the abuse he gets be no different to being anti-semitic?

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next





It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greavsie, Jake the Peg, K-Diddy, RichM, rodney_trotter and 100 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 8:03 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,038,7931,04078,0754,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
36-6
GOLD COAST
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
28-10
SOUTHS
TODAY 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
TODAY 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
TOMORROW 15:00
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 20th Jun 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 26th Jun 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC
Thu 2nd Jul 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 3rd Jul 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Fri 10th Jul 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL FC
Sat 25th Jul 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
TORONTO
Sun 2nd Aug 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 7th Aug 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC
Fri 14th Aug 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 22nd Aug 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Sun 30th Aug 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Sat 5th Sep 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Fri 11th Sep 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






34

.