FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Stadium (maybe)
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 14 20204 years311th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Apr 21 07:486th Apr 21 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:20 am  
GrahamBray wrote:
I don't think it is such a pipe dream to be honest.
I work for a firm that partners with a lot of Private Equity consortiums and the payback for them. alongside capital repayment and actual asset value appreciation , is the long term use and commercial revenue potential of the developments. It would largely depend on where it is located as to whom they could attract though, an example of this is the Bridge View development at Ferriby Rd, Hessle, which has seen Porsche and other prestige brands commit because of that factor. The stadium would be probably constructed with prestige office space, health outlets, like private gyms, spas and similar facilities, which seem massively popular at present, so maybe with investment from those clever people who are blessed with long term foresight and vision, allied to very accurate and detailed market information, this could have legs; either way it is something to consider isn't it ?

Most of the gyms will not reopen, so there will be empty purpose built spaces for equity firms, a lot of people have taken to running and cycling and won't be able to afford gym memberships anyway. AP is simply starting his negotiations with the Allams via the press, a bold but dangerous gamble.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7850
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 22:3224th Apr 24 11:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:39 am  
WestEndThinker wrote:
Most of the gyms will not reopen, so there will be empty purpose built spaces for equity firms, a lot of people have taken to running and cycling and won't be able to afford gym memberships anyway. AP is simply starting his negotiations with the Allams via the press, a bold but dangerous gamble.

Whose to say most gyms will not reopen? Judging by the news and social media it would seem a large number of people will actually be going back to gyms once they re open. As for empty purpose built spaces for equity firms the likelihood that gym building will satisfy equity firms is one I'm not sure I agree with. The land scape of life has changed and I can see the leisure industry coming back very strongly as people have under valued the leisure aspect to a degree as it has been something we've all taken for granted as I know I certainly took that part of life for granted.

I can see the attraction to having a multi purpose venue with all year round functionality and so I don't believe this is just AP trying to get a better deal on the next lease far from it.

The KCOM has been hugely under used and the current regime seem to have no interest in using it to its potential in fact quite the opposite.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24271No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 17:1924th Apr 24 16:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:20 pm  
Good position to be in, I'd be happy to stay at the KC as I like the stadium and think its probably the best stadium in SL for access and facilities around the ground. He also great to get or own stadium if in the right location and the right size.

If the stadium is used right, concerts , bars, events it could make alot of money, Rovers do well out of there ground and it's a shocking location.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3453
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 17 201311 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 07:4315th Apr 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:23 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Good position to be in, I'd be happy to stay at the KC as I like the stadium and think its probably the best stadium in SL for access and facilities around the ground. He also great to get or own stadium if in the right location and the right size.

If the stadium is used right, concerts , bars, events it could make alot of money, Rovers do well out of there ground and it's a shocking location.

True, despite the tenancy impositions as supporters we couldn't ask for a better location. Close to the ancestral home and walking distance from the city centre.

I'm sure the club conducted a survey a few years ago and found that the majority of the fans live in East Hull. I stand to be corrected if wrong. I would guess the majority of that support would come from, Bransholme, Sutton Park and Kingswood. A trek all the way to Costello on a Friday night is not that inviting. Definately not for me as I always cycle to KCOM from Sutton Park. In any kind of weather :D
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player516
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 20203 years114th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 13:1424th Apr 24 13:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I have become , comfortably numb.

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:37 pm  
Whose to say most gyms will not reopen? Judging by the news and social media it would seem a large number of people will actually be going back to gyms once they re open. As for empty purpose built spaces for equity firms the likelihood that gym building will satisfy equity firms is one I'm not sure I agree with. The land scape of life has changed and I can see the leisure industry coming back very strongly as people have under valued the leisure aspect to a degree as it has been something we've all taken for granted as I know I certainly took that part of life for granted.

I can see the attraction to having a multi purpose venue with all year round functionality and so I don't believe this is just AP trying to get a better deal on the next lease far from it.

The KCOM has been hugely under used and the current regime seem to have no interest in using it to its potential in fact quite the opposite.[quote]

I would largely agree with that; people are craving the social interaction that they have been deprived of ; my wife and kids are all avid gym members and although they have taken to running, yoga and other solitary exercise, that was out of necessity not choice and I know they are very keen to renew their gym training.
I just think Adam Pearson is a very shrewd man and wouldn't roll the dice as some may think as the jeopardy is far too grave if that is what he's said to be doing.

By the way I am new to this and computers in general so please excuse any posting and quotation errors on my part.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3453
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 17 201311 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 07:4315th Apr 24 11:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:18 pm  
[quote="GrahamBray"]Whose to say most gyms will not reopen? Judging by the news and social media it would seem a large number of people will actually be going back to gyms once they re open. As for empty purpose built spaces for equity firms the likelihood that gym building will satisfy equity firms is one I'm not sure I agree with. The land scape of life has changed and I can see the leisure industry coming back very strongly as people have under valued the leisure aspect to a degree as it has been something we've all taken for granted as I know I certainly took that part of life for granted.

The KCOM has been hugely under used and the current regime seem to have no interest in using it to its potential in fact quite the opposite.

I agree with this. Loads of people are desperate to get back to gyms. I go running and have some weights but it doesn't replicate training at a gym at all. There's also the social interaction that is important as well.

I still say Graham Bray was robbed of a perfectly good try Wembley 1980. : :wink:
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16911No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 22:2424th Apr 24 22:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:20 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
True, despite the tenancy impositions as supporters we couldn't ask for a better location. Close to the ancestral home and walking distance from the city centre.

I'm sure the club conducted a survey a few years ago and found that the majority of the fans live in East Hull. I stand to be corrected if wrong. I would guess the majority of that support would come from, Bransholme, Sutton Park and Kingswood. A trek all the way to Costello on a Friday night is not that inviting. Definately not for me as I always cycle to KCOM from Sutton Park. In any kind of weather :D

Correct that majority of our season ticket holders are on Bransholme, due to people moving there from Hessle Road after the war. Id imagine our sales in and around Hessle Road itself are down on decades ago due to changes in the demographic there.

So ideally you'd need a ground close to both Bransholme and West Hull, or at least on a bus route from one of them. The KCOM is pretty much perfectly located. Its very much a case of be careful what you wish for with stadium moves, Salford have lost support with their new ground being out of town despite doing better on the field. People are creatures of habit and any inconvenience such as longer commute, lack of parking, no pubs to go in can stop them going.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7850
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 22:3224th Apr 24 11:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:14 pm  
UllFC wrote:
Correct that majority of our season ticket holders are on Bransholme, due to people moving there from Hessle Road after the war. Id imagine our sales in and around Hessle Road itself are down on decades ago due to changes in the demographic there.

So ideally you'd need a ground close to both Bransholme and West Hull, or at least on a bus route from one of them. The KCOM is pretty much perfectly located. Its very much a case of be careful what you wish for with stadium moves, Salford have lost support with their new ground being out of town despite doing better on the field. People are creatures of habit and any inconvenience such as longer commute, lack of parking, no pubs to go in can stop them going.

I think the general consensus of fans would be to stay at the KCOM as it’s ideally positioned and relatively easy to get to. However what do we do as a club if the SMC is still run by the Allams and they put an unrealistic figure on the next lease?
It’s something that has to be seriously considered and if it meant the club financially were better off moving to a new stadium or struggling to balance books to due to cost at KCOM it’s a no brainer. I doubt AP would want to move the club too far away from where it is already in terms of ease fans can get there. I suppose having our own home/ground would give the club longer term stability and control of its future.
On this subject nothing can be taken as a certainty and it’s not something that can or should be ruled out straight away.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years31st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 20:2724th Apr 24 20:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:22 pm  
Chris71 wrote:
I think the general consensus of fans would be to stay at the KCOM as it’s ideally positioned and relatively easy to get to. However what do we do as a club if the SMC is still run by the Allams and they put an unrealistic figure on the next lease?
It’s something that has to be seriously considered and if it meant the club financially were better off moving to a new stadium or struggling to balance books to due to cost at KCOM it’s a no brainer. I doubt AP would want to move the club too far away from where it is already in terms of ease fans can get there. I suppose having our own home/ground would give the club longer term stability and control of its future.
On this subject nothing can be taken as a certainty and it’s not something that can or should be ruled out straight away.

I completely agree with that and to think that Adam is so naive to believe that the Allams would fall for such a ploy as him threatening them with us moving out just to get the lease more favourable, doesn't do the guy any justice at all. He is conscious that its has responsibility to ensure the club survives long after he is gone, and although we may never see our own stadium (and theres a lot standing in the way of that happening) he's looked at it before and is again now considering it as one possibility.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain964No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 12 20195 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Feb 24 16:1114th Feb 24 17:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Stadium (maybe) : Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:47 pm