RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Next up Catalan
Re: Next up Catalan Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm  

User avatarChris71 wrote:
Chris71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 5477
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
With the welcome news about Jack Brown and assuming no withdrawals I'd now be looking at

Connor, Fonua, Tuimavave, Griffin, Swift, Reynolds, Sneyd, Satae, Houghton, Sao, Savelio, Ma’u, Lane

Interchanges: Johnstone, Brown, Fash, Cator

Possibly Faraimo instead of Johnstone, not quite sure on that one.


I guess it depends how Houghton is after the forearm he received from Singleton and then clashing heads or rather his face/nose on Carlos’ head.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Next up Catalan Mon May 10, 2021 5:33 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 4335
Rocknrolla69er wrote:
Great news regarding the Jack Brown incident, finally abit of consistency which we've all been calling for and about time, let's hope it continues.........

Pigs may fly


Its consistent but the wrong decision yet again
Of course we didnt want to lose Brown but no doubt he would have received a ban but for the similar tackle from Powell.
Re: Next up Catalan Mon May 10, 2021 5:51 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 5105
Location: Kingston upon Hull
bonaire wrote:
Its consistent but the wrong decision yet again
Of course we didnt want to lose Brown but no doubt he would have received a ban but for the similar tackle from Powell.


Technically it’s the correct decision, Brown’s tackle was aimed at the opponents calves, below the knee, and only pressurising the way the knee bends normally. Whilst I thought Sam Powell came in from a more sideways angle, thus any pressure would be against any natural knee movement.

But.... either are tackles that make you wince, and they are very dangerous to a standing opponent, you only need to mistime it, and terrible injuries will happen.

Could we outlaw this type of tackle, possibly if the player with the ball is held by one or more tacklers, the second or third player in could be waist high and above only. Very difficult, especially when you think as kids your taught to tackle round the legs, and it’s usually opposite to which way the knee bends.

It makes you wonder how any of us played rugby league, with the dangers to the body.
Re: Next up Catalan Mon May 10, 2021 7:21 pm  

bonaire wrote:
bonaire Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 4335
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Technically it’s the correct decision, Brown’s tackle was aimed at the opponents calves, below the knee, and only pressurising the way the knee bends normally. Whilst I thought Sam Powell came in from a more sideways angle, thus any pressure would be against any natural knee movement.

But.... either are tackles that make you wince, and they are very dangerous to a standing opponent, you only need to mistime it, and terrible injuries will happen.

Could we outlaw this type of tackle, possibly if the player with the ball is held by one or more tacklers, the second or third player in could be waist high and above only. Very difficult, especially when you think as kids your taught to tackle round the legs, and it’s usually opposite to which way the knee bends.

It makes you wonder how any of us played rugby league, with the dangers to the body.


I doubt they would take this type of tackle out of the game.Every team does it as it sometimes is the only way to put the player onto the ground to slow down the play the ball.
one thing i would push would be a correct play the ball where it has to be played with the foot rather than thrown through the legs
Re: Next up Catalan Mon May 10, 2021 7:34 pm  

User avatarChris71 wrote:
Chris71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 5477
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
bonaire wrote:
I doubt they would take this type of tackle out of the game.Every team does it as it sometimes is the only way to put the player onto the ground to slow down the play the ball.
one thing i would push would be a correct play the ball where it has to be played with the foot rather than thrown through the legs


And isn’t that one of the things they said they were clamping down on last year? I agree though it’s a farce as well as the not playing the ball until you’ve regained Ex your feet which seems to have all sorts of different interpretations depending on which way the winds blowing.

Some times I just think they make the rules a little too technical and should make it much simpler snd straight forward so there’s no grey areas.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Next up Catalan Mon May 10, 2021 7:40 pm  

User avatarRugby Raider wrote:
Rugby Raider User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 1026
Location: Playing League on The Close
Chris71 wrote:
And isn’t that one of the things they said they were clamping down on last year? I agree though it’s a farce as well as the not playing the ball until you’ve regained Ex your feet which seems to have all sorts of different interpretations depending on which way the winds blowing.

Some times I just think they make the rules a little too technical and should make it much simpler snd straight forward so there’s no grey areas.


Yes, that’s what thought.

I can recall in our first game at Leeds last season, Shaul getting pinged on one of our first sets of the game for not playing the ball with his foot, but no one did after that all season.

Inconsistency again. If you make a rule, stick to it and apply it every time. Otherwise, don’t have the rule.
Re: Next up Catalan Tue May 11, 2021 5:23 am  
wanchai hooker Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 am
Posts: 3
Quick question here as I’m trying to get hold of a Catalans ticket for my Dad. He’s been a Lottery Agent for FC for over 28 years, but has been told by the club that there are “no tickets available” for him as his membership technically qualifies as that of a staff member.

He’s gutted and disappointed with this treatment – considering he’s out on his bike every other week and has helped bring in thousands to the club over the years including throughout the pandemic. And like everyone else hasn’t been able to go to a game for over a year.

There are of course a limited number of tickets available and not everyone will be lucky enough to go, but they could at least make it a level playing field for someone who has shown so much loyalty. Not exactly the best way to show thanks.

Anyhow, I’m looking around to see if I can get him a ticket through other members if possible. Is there anyone on here who could help out or offer any solution?
Re: Next up Catalan Tue May 11, 2021 7:47 am  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 20354
Location: Back in Hull.
wanchai hooker wrote:
Quick question here as I’m trying to get hold of a Catalans ticket for my Dad. He’s been a Lottery Agent for FC for over 28 years, but has been told by the club that there are “no tickets available” for him as his membership technically qualifies as that of a staff member.

He’s gutted and disappointed with this treatment – considering he’s out on his bike every other week and has helped bring in thousands to the club over the years including throughout the pandemic. And like everyone else hasn’t been able to go to a game for over a year.

There are of course a limited number of tickets available and not everyone will be lucky enough to go, but they could at least make it a level playing field for someone who has shown so much loyalty. Not exactly the best way to show thanks.

Anyhow, I’m looking around to see if I can get him a ticket through other members if possible. Is there anyone on here who could help out or offer any solution?


It's a difficult situation, but imagine if you paid for a membership and you lost out to someone who didn't have a membership.

Priority has to be for members and the clubs have to stick to the numbers, I'm sure there are a few others who work for the club, who will also miss out.

Maybe a kind hearted member will read this who isn't going and get a ticket for him or hopefully there will be a few tickets left, as I'm sure some won't use their tickets and people who give their time to the club might be rewarded.

I understand your frustration, but not really sure what the club can do.
Re: Next up Catalan Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 am  

ccs wrote:
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm
Posts: 4997
There will be a "legal" limit to the number of tickets being sold. If that number is very similar to the number of passholders (which it will be), the club has no option but to wait, and allocate spare tickets closer to game day. I'm sure there will be some tickets available.
Re: Next up Catalan Tue May 11, 2021 9:04 am  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 5105
Location: Kingston upon Hull
wanchai hooker wrote:
Quick question here as I’m trying to get hold of a Catalans ticket for my Dad. He’s been a Lottery Agent for FC for over 28 years, but has been told by the club that there are “no tickets available” for him as his membership technically qualifies as that of a staff member.

He’s gutted and disappointed with this treatment – considering he’s out on his bike every other week and has helped bring in thousands to the club over the years including throughout the pandemic. And like everyone else hasn’t been able to go to a game for over a year.

There are of course a limited number of tickets available and not everyone will be lucky enough to go, but they could at least make it a level playing field for someone who has shown so much loyalty. Not exactly the best way to show thanks.

Anyhow, I’m looking around to see if I can get him a ticket through other members if possible. Is there anyone on here who could help out or offer any solution?


Hope your dad gets sorted, it’s been a rubbish year for supporters who love going to games. Hopefully rugby league, and the rest of the world can get back to something like normal :D
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boardwalkempire3, bonaire, ComeOnYouUll, edinburgh yorkie, Google Adsense [Bot], Greavsie, Homenaway, Keiththered, Marcus's Bicycle, McFc, Ohmetoe, Paddyfc, pepos, Plum Bob, RichM and 273 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,184,6541,65678,6739,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 25th Jul
CH
LIVE
Sheffield28-40Halifax
CH
LIVE
Batley42-12Newcastle
CH
LIVE
Bradford30-36Featherstone
CH
LIVE
Whitehaven28-24Oldham
CH
LIVE
York46-10Swinton
L1
LIVE
Barrow40-12Coventry
L1
LIVE
Hunslet20-20Keighley
WSL
LIVE
YorkW0-0Hudds W
NRL
LIVE
St.George10-32Gold Coast
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury24-44Cronulla
Sat 24th Jul
NRL RND: 19 Souths60-22NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 19 Manly44-24Wests
NRL RND: 19 Penrith18-12Brisbane
L1 RND: 12 LondonS46-30West Wales
SL RND: 13 Catalans32-30Hull KR
Fri 23rd Jul
NRL RND: 19 Sydney28-8Newcastle
NRL RND: 19 NQL Cowboys16-20Melbourne
SL RND: 15 Leeds38-16Salford
SLRND: 15 Wigan25-12Wakefield
Thu 22nd Jul
NRL RND: 19 Parramatta10-12Canberra
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 17 632 198 434 30
Penrith 17 493 179 314 30
Souths 17 503 346 157 28
Parramatta 17 474 255 219 26
Sydney 17 453 335 118 22
Manly 17 485 354 131 20
St.George 17 358 382 -24 16
Cronulla 17 326 394 -68 14
 
Canberra 17 347 421 -74 14
Newcastle 17 283 420 -137 14
Gold Coast 17 394 468 -74 12
Wests 17 372 502 -130 12
NQL Cowboys 17 324 527 -203 12
NZ Warriors 17 333 426 -93 10
Brisbane 17 282 542 -260 8
Canterbury 17 212 522 -310 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 15
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 14 419 226 193 26 185.40 92.86
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 13 408 213 195 19 191.55 73.08
Wigan 15 247 268 -21 20 92.16 66.67
Hull FC 12 286 215 71 15 133.02 62.50
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 14 332 251 81 14 132.27 50
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 15 259 354 -95 8 73.16 26.67
Leigh 13 212 508 -296 0 41.73 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 9 433 88 345 18 492.05 100
Featherstone 13 573 166 407 26 345.18 100
Halifax 14 398 199 199 20 200 71.43
Bradford 13 354 315 39 18 112.38 69.23
LondonB 13 374 337 37 17 110.98 65.38
Batley 14 370 286 84 18 129.37 64.29
 
Widnes 13 307 344 -37 11 89.24 42.31
Newcastle 13 284 400 -116 11 71 42.31
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Whitehaven 14 277 396 -119 11 69.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 13 197 379 -182 9 51.98 34.62
Oldham 13 190 470 -280 4 40.43 15.38
Swinton 14 234 529 -295 0 44.23 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 10 342 150 192 17 228 85
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 9 308 189 119 14 162.96 77.78
Keighley 10 348 239 109 10 145.61 50
Rochdale 10 279 280 -1 10 99.64 50
Crusaders 10 278 318 -40 10 87.42 50
 
Coventry 8 204 240 -36 8 85 50
Hunslet 10 268 257 11 8 104.28 40
LondonS 8 154 292 -138 2 52.74 12.50
West Wales 10 122 514 -392 0 23.74 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X