FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Leeds Rhinos - Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Latest
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 6 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Makinson Try, Percival Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : Wigan Warriors - Castleford Tigers LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Latest
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Pearson interview on club finances and future
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16902No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years33rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 14:1619th Apr 24 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Interesting updates coming out on twitter about a meeting on Salford's stadium. Salford similar to us face an uncertain future with Sale wanting to buy the ground off the council, and they can't generate much revenue from the ground.

Seems they budgeted for 8k crowds originally but have only hit 3k (that was very optimistic!) and are now in talks with Gary Neville about moving into Salford City's stadium which only fits 5k, or face being homeless and leaving Salford (unrealistic to expect the council to build another new ground)

Really is worrying times for RL at the minute :(
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7835
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years2nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 14:3419th Apr 24 12:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

UllFC wrote:
Interesting updates coming out on twitter about a meeting on Salford's stadium. Salford similar to us face an uncertain future with Sale wanting to buy the ground off the council, and they can't generate much revenue from the ground.

Seems they budgeted for 8k crowds originally but have only hit 3k (that was very optimistic!) and are now in talks with Gary Neville about moving into Salford City's stadium which only fits 5k, or face being homeless and leaving Salford (unrealistic to expect the council to build another new ground)

Really is worrying times for RL at the minute :(

It is indeed worrying times for RL in this country as a whole and shows the need to really have an independent review and move away from the idea of the clubs running SL as it just isn’t working. Everyone shares the same goal in terms of wanting the sport to grow and flourish and that can only be done by working together which doesn’t happen. I think the in fighting shows why Elsom left as it was a task he could never succeed at. As owners looked at what was best for them not as a whole.

I actually think a move by Salford to the football ground would be very good for them and the sport as it gives a SL team a home and more stability financially. You never know a closer association with someone like Gary Neville etc may be advantageous down the line.
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16902No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years33rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 14:1619th Apr 24 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Chris71 wrote:
It is indeed worrying times for RL in this country as a whole and shows the need to really have an independent review and move away from the idea of the clubs running SL as it just isn’t working. Everyone shares the same goal in terms of wanting the sport to grow and flourish and that can only be done by working together which doesn’t happen. I think the in fighting shows why Elsom left as it was a task he could never succeed at. As owners looked at what was best for them not as a whole.

I actually think a move by Salford to the football ground would be very good for them and the sport as it gives a SL team a home and more stability financially. You never know a closer association with someone like Gary Neville etc may be advantageous down the line.

The way Salford City are flying up the league's means they may need a bigger ground than 5k soon and Beckham and the rest have some rich friends so that may help them. One of Rugby Leagues many problems is barely any clubs own the ground. Only Saints and Leeds own modern grounds in SL. Everyone else is renting or have a crumbling wreck. Limits the opportunities to host concerts, weddings and receive bar takings which are important, clubs can't survive with grounds sat empty for many weeks of the year.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Apr 24 23:011st Oct 23 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

UllFC wrote:
The way Salford City are flying up the league's means they may need a bigger ground than 5k soon and Beckham and the rest have some rich friends so that may help them. One of Rugby Leagues many problems is barely any clubs own the ground. Only Saints and Leeds own modern grounds in SL. Everyone else is renting or have a crumbling wreck. Limits the opportunities to host concerts, weddings and receive bar takings which are important, clubs can't survive with grounds sat empty for many weeks of the year.

We do very nicely from concerts, bars etc thank you very much. Only COVID-19 has stopped those sources of income. Not only do we utilise the ground but the car park as well.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1361
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years108th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:3819th Apr 24 15:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Chris71 wrote:

I agree. Salford’s football team are on a journey. Their ground may only hold 5k presently, but it’s temporary terracing and with their ambitions I’m sure will get extended in the near future, or move to a new site.

The current Salford RL ground is soulless and sits beneath the motorway. With the crowds Salford get, the football ground may be a good interim solution and create a better atmosphere.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1361
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years108th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Keiththered wrote:
We do very nicely from concerts, bars etc thank you very much. Only COVID-19 has stopped those sources of income. Not only do we utilise the ground but the car park as well.

Really? I thought Hudgell wanted out because he was fed up with subsidising Rovers?

Also I presume Rovers have now also repaid the £1m they received from that friendly Allam family, who like to support local good causes with ‘Gifts’ from time to time (T&C’s apply)?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rugby Raider wrote:
Really? I thought Hudgell wanted out because he was fed up with subsidising Rovers?

Also I presume Rovers have now also repaid the £1m they received from that friendly Allam family, who like to support local good causes with ‘Gifts’ from time to time (T&C’s apply)?

No one said a subsidy was still not required. I was responding to your previous post about rented and dilapidated grounds. We are able to raise funds through the events you mentioned.

Classic response. If your post is challenged, bring in another topic. Our owner is still supporting the club financially, just not taking day to day control or acting as chairman.

If you want to troll please check your information first.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 20213 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Aug 21 12:361st Aug 21 14:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

UllFC wrote:

Saints and Leeds owe tens of millions on their repsective stadiums, they don't own them outright, and isn't Leeds a part owned consortium incl Hethrington.
The investors/financial institutions will rake it back over a long period including profit and the debts be paid, that's the hope, but in the current climate regards money in the sport, or rather lack of it, and with so much money owed, it's certainly a consideration for those investors to be having a bit of a chat regards how things progress to keep the money coming in.

Right now investing for us and other clubs is a hard sell, getting a new stadium is IMO simply not an option as much as we want to rid ourselves of the Allem's ball and chain.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1361
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years108th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Keiththered wrote:
No one said a subsidy was still not required. I was responding to your previous post about rented and dilapidated grounds. We are able to raise funds through the events you mentioned.

Classic response. If your post is challenged, bring in another topic. Our owner is still supporting the club financially, just not taking day to day control or acting as chairman.

If you want to troll please check your information first.

I wasn’t trolling.

Your post suggested Rovers were financially doing well from various other activities when they can operate outside Covid restrictions. Personally i think that’s great and any rugby league club would welcome other revenue streams. Obviously at Hull, due the the SMC agreement, our hands are tied on many of those options.

With regards Hudgell and the Allam’s, I was just providing balance to your post. Although Rovers may have some additional income streams, it doesn’t address what you owner has publically said about Rovers finances.

It’s like celebrating finding a tenner when you’ve just lost £50.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rugby Raider wrote:
I wasn’t trolling.

Your post suggested Rovers were financially doing well from various other activities when they can operate outside Covid restrictions. Personally i think that’s great and any rugby league club would welcome other revenue streams. Obviously at Hull, due the the SMC agreement, our hands are tied on many of those options.

With regards Hudgell and the Allam’s, I was just providing balance to your post. Although Rovers may have some additional income streams, it doesn’t address what you owner has publically said about Rovers finances.

It’s like celebrating finding a tenner when you’ve just lost £50.

I did not suggest that we were doing well financially as a club. I said we were able to benefit from the extraneous income streams that you mentioned in your origin post when you said other than Saints and Leeds clubs could not. Looking at other posts you do not even appear to be correct about Leeds’ situation.

No one is celebrating. Once again, your point of view is challenged, hey presto let’s introduce yet another topic.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
11m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4