FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years29th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 18:3512th May 24 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

Dan Tomlinson's been told by the Club (no doubt Myler but he's not giving names) that we have only offered the job to one person Rowley the rest is just paper talk and hype from the media and coaches agents. We've no doubt spoken to people and sounded people out and personal I hope that there is still something in the rumour that Rowley could be revived (although I think its probably wishful thinking) because in the end he is the only one I can see who would be universally accepted by everyone at the club in the game and across the fan base as a great appointment. And that's what our floundering broken set up needs real single minded leadership from the top. You just can't appoint two or three marquee signings without a coach in place if you expect to attract a chief of that calibre. For they would be by definition their own man with their own vision and ideas on the leadership keystones they need. Dans piece today about this only being the start and more big signings are on the way in the next days shows I think that he has had that chat with the club and that we are moving forward cautious old me whose first priority is having a club to support till I'm not here anymore would like an announcement about who our backer is what their motives are and indeed an indication that we aren't over stretching ourselves. Perhaps a few old hands still cautiously remember Tim Wiley and his mysterious backer.
TnT 
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player66
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 27 20231 year232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 05:2012th May 24 05:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I think Grix maybe a good coach for us. He’s popular, he’s seen good and bad as an assistant, and regardless of how, we have been better since his elevation. What more can he do at the moment? We’ve had Australian coaches we’ve had British coaches. We should quit while we’re ahead. If he can harness the incoming players with the youth, helped by Cummins then why pay even more for a sexy coach when Grix can continue his good start. The coach we need is not one that looks good from our fans perspective but who engineers, oils, and fine tunes from inside the club. Grix feels to be doing that to me without being glamorous
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29196
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200717 years131st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 04:5619th May 24 17:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Andy last made us look better than radford but was an absolute disaster as head coach at cas. I just think we need someone new to the club with no legacy from the smith (or prior) era
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200815 years2nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 15:5319th May 24 17:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Think the longer this rumbles on the more chance Grix has.

Signing a full squad of players without a coach in place must be a tricky sell to players too.

If we go this route, which it looks like we will, it gives the coach an out. Let say we assemble a top 6 squad on paper, and we finish 10th, can the coach turn round and say 'these aren't my players'.

Maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen, but time feels like it's against us. I'd like a new coach announced before the end of the month so he can work with Myler. Doesn't feel like that will happen with the club saying they are going to take their time..... which leaves all the recruitment to Myler and a group of coaches advising who won't be the ones expected to get results
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200815 years2nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 15:5319th May 24 17:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Also just feel like we're going to get played by Lam so he gets a better deal at Leigh
RankPostsTeam
International Star2316
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years37th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 08:0418th May 24 08:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

TnT wrote:
I think Grix maybe a good coach for us. He’s popular, he’s seen good and bad as an assistant, and regardless of how, we have been better since his elevation. What more can he do at the moment? We’ve had Australian coaches we’ve had British coaches. We should quit while we’re ahead. If he can harness the incoming players with the youth, helped by Cummins then why pay even more for a sexy coach when Grix can continue his good start. The coach we need is not one that looks good from our fans perspective but who engineers, oils, and fine tunes from inside the club. Grix feels to be doing that to me without being glamorous

All well and good and I’m not adverse to him BUT do you let him have the job for this season and try to recruit a head coach for next year, letting him get his own squad together?
OR tell him he’s got the gig then find out he’s not good enough and run around like headless chickens trying to get someone in sharpish. Chicken and eggs scenario. Damnded if you do, damned if you don’t. Personally I’d like to get someone sorted, give Grix the Academy set up and assistant role. IF that’s acceptable to him. Think there’s mileage in the Rowley story yet unless it’s Lam, would explain why we’re raiding Leigh. Who’d be an FC supporter. :CRAZY:
Steve0 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1926No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 03 200321 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 16:3619th May 24 16:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

We can't just give the job to Grix because he's here already, we have to give it to him if he's the best available candidate out of all those that were interviewed/approached for the role. This next coaching appointment is make or break for the club, get it wrong again and the 50 point drubbings are still prevalent and many fans will give up regardless of "in any kinda weather" get it right and we could have a successful base for years to come. My personal view is to keep Grix on as an assistant to learn under better mentors than Smith/Gene, and if he's good enough then he can go for the job in a couple of years.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3560
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 03 200420 years140th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 23:1518th May 24 23:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I have lost interest

Ever since the email from the Club I’ve had this feeling that we are at the start of a Revolution !
3 marquee players and a full Salary Cap ? Is that correct ?

As per Dentist post - let’s hurry the fook up and announce already who is The Cash Man, and how much of the Club he bought off Adam.
TnT 
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player66
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 27 20231 year232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 05:2012th May 24 05:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Steve0 wrote:
We can't just give the job to Grix because he's here already, we have to give it to him if he's the best available candidate out of all those that were interviewed/approached for the role. This next coaching appointment is make or break for the club, get it wrong again and the 50 point drubbings are still prevalent and many fans will give up regardless of "in any kinda weather" get it right and we could have a successful base for years to come. My personal view is to keep Grix on as an assistant to learn under better mentors than Smith/Gene, and if he's good enough then he can go for the job in a couple of years.

I’m saying Grix may be worth a punt as he has supervised the last 2 matches where though well beaten we look like an RL team. Granted we have some better players available but we will have next season too. Who is to say Rowley or whoever would do better - it’s an unknown. So unless we don’t progress further I would stick with Grix. The London game may be a clue as to the wisdom of my suggestion
Steve0 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1926No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 03 200321 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 16:3619th May 24 16:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

TnT wrote:
I’m saying Grix may be worth a punt as he has supervised the last 2 matches where though well beaten we look like an RL team. Granted we have some better players available but we will have next season too. Who is to say Rowley or whoever would do better - it’s an unknown. So unless we don’t progress further I would stick with Grix. The London game may be a clue as to the wisdom of my suggestion

But he's also been part of a coaching team where we've served up lots of unacceptable performances. Teams often show improvement when coaches are sacked and an interim coach is on place like when Lasty was in charge or where Warrington sacked Powell and Gary chambers was interim coach, doesn't mean they're the right person for the job, they've just steadied that ship slightly
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Walters
moto748
9m
Swinton Lions
Acatinbullla
10m
Ticket for the final