WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Players Ins and Outs

Board index Championship 1 Doncaster RLFC Players Ins and Outs

Re: Players Ins and Outs Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:05 am  
Double Movement User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 am
Posts: 2620
Location: In the heart of Doncaster
Keith Lard's Dog wrote:
I have know idea , but the club must have its reasons.

Maybe all clubs have a duty to notify players the same as an employer issuing notice that their contract will be terminated.
I don't know the answer, but there must be a valid reason i'm sure.


As the end of season play-offs come around at the same time player contracts are ending must create a very difficult situation.

Knowing which league a side will be playing in must be of paramount importance in determining who you keep and who you let go. Some of the present players may be judged not to be good enough to play at the higher level but would remain valuable assets at the lower level.

I'm sure the same difficulties will apply to the likes of Oldham and Newcastle.

From a player's point of view, I would have thought that giving 100% either to win another contract at your current club, or to impress another club was the best way to go.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:44 am  
Keith Lard's Dog Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:19 pm
Posts: 233
Double Movement wrote:
As the end of season play-offs come around at the same time player contracts are ending must create a very difficult situation.

Knowing which league a side will be playing in must be of paramount importance in determining who you keep and who you let go. Some of the present players may be judged not to be good enough to play at the higher level but would remain valuable assets at the lower level.

I'm sure the same difficulties will apply to the likes of Oldham and Newcastle.

From a player's point of view, I would have thought that giving 100% either to win another contract at your current club, or to impress another club was the best way to go.


Totally agree , players regardless of weather they are being retained or not should be trying to prove a point and show they are good enough, and putting the effort in to earn a deal, if not with their currant club but the others watching looking to pick players up for next year.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:14 pm  

User avatarSteveRoebuck wrote:
SteveRoebuck User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:19 am
Posts: 2132
I have it on very good authority that in the case of Kyle Kesik he was informed that he didnt figure in the coaches plans for next year as he "wasn't the kind of player the club wanted".

So if the don't want a committed, vocal and run through a brick wall kinda player, who are the type of players we are trying to sign??

Oh it make sense now he wasn't a client of Craig Harrison and wasn't from Hull....that's answered it.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 pm  

Returning Don Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 pm
Posts: 212
SteveRoebuck wrote:
I have it on very good authority that in the case of Kyle Kesik he was informed that he didnt figure in the coaches plans for next year as he "wasn't the kind of player the club wanted".

So if the don't want a committed, vocal and run through a brick wall kinda player, who are the type of players we are trying to sign??

Oh it make sense now he wasn't a client of Craig Harrison and wasn't from Hull....that's answered it.


Yep makes sense. Harrison has hall in his pocket... I remember a few months ago Harrison saying he didn’t rate josh Hodgson and felt that Paul mcshane was a better hooker. Not surprising mcshane is one of Harrison’s clients. Got a feeling our team next season will be full of Hull FC and Harrison’s cast offs
Re: Players Ins and Outs Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:31 am  

User avatarSteveRoebuck wrote:
SteveRoebuck User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:19 am
Posts: 2132
I would agree RD .... That's not casting the net very far.

Also are we going to be signing players for Hull FC again sorry I mean for the Don's only to allow them to go to Hull for a "great deal for the Dons" ala Liam Harris
Re: Players Ins and Outs Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:41 am  
Keith Lard's Dog Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:19 pm
Posts: 233
SteveRoebuck wrote:
I would agree RD .... That's not casting the net very far.

Also are we going to be signing players for Hull FC again sorry I mean for the Don's only to allow them to go to Hull for a "great deal for the Dons" ala Liam Harris


I would be very surprised if we go with Dual Reg next season with RH leaving Hull and the reserves being mandatory for SL clubs.

I work in Brough and the consensus among the Hull lads here is that the players leaving Hull are either retiring or going to other SL or Championship clubs.

I would be very surprised to see any turning out for us next year with the likes of Litten and Hadley joining Hull Kr , Washbrook to York, and Westerman to Wakefield,
not heard anything about Chris Green or Jack Logan but would be a shock to see them drop two divisions, especially Green who was supposedly on Wigans radar.

We need to sign players on season long loans or splash the cash and get a larger squad with quality throughout, and not relying on other teams scraps.

Im sure CH knows the importance of promotion this year and im hoping for some quality signings.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:04 pm  

User avatarWanderer wrote:
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:48 pm
Posts: 56989
Location: Doncaster
Sam Doherty - New 2 year deal.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:05 pm  

User avatarJemmo wrote:
Jemmo User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:37 pm
Posts: 17385
Location: Here...there...I'm not allowed to swear

Sam Doherty (now our longest standing player) has re-signed for the next 2 years

Always been a fan of Sam, very happy about that
Re: Players Ins and Outs Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:13 pm  

Rob Nash wrote:
Rob Nash Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm
Posts: 526
Very pleased. Even moreso with a more long term contract. Very well deserved
Re: Players Ins and Outs Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:37 pm  

User avatarStand-Offish wrote:
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 18356
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
He's a good player..
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdamH and 10 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Doncaster RLFC


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,9351,19778,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X