WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Players Ins and Outs

Board index Championship 1 Doncaster RLFC Players Ins and Outs

Re: Players Ins and Outs Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:10 pm  
Double Movement User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 am
Posts: 2620
Location: In the heart of Doncaster
Wanderer wrote:
Confirmed as back to Featherstone on loan.

Shame. I would have liked to have seen him in a Dons shirt.

We've lacked sufficient go-forward from the props in recent seasons. He could have helped address that issue.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:35 pm  

weighman wrote:
weighman Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri May 16, 2003 6:50 pm
Posts: 7601
Wonder if Ollett is the last signing for 2020 ?

The squad is a lot stronger than 2019 but could we run to another prop or middle as they are known.

COYD
Re: Players Ins and Outs Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:02 pm  

User avatarStand-Offish wrote:
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 18356
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Still in 2019 never mind 2020.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:07 pm  

User avatarStand-Offish wrote:
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 am
Posts: 18356
Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
A bullocking prop, like Whitehaven favour would be nice.
They had one called Bullock before he went to Wigan ...hence bullocking.
But Oldham got promoted on the back of Danny Bridge and Danny Langtree, mobile ..second rowers.
I think RH is happy with mobile forwards and might not be that bothered about another big prop.
I would like another personally.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:21 pm  
Double Movement User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 am
Posts: 2620
Location: In the heart of Doncaster
Stand-Offish wrote:
A bullocking prop, like Whitehaven favour would be nice.
They had one called Bullock before he went to Wigan ...hence bullocking.
But Oldham got promoted on the back of Danny Bridge and Danny Langtree, mobile ..second rowers.
I think RH is happy with mobile forwards and might not be that bothered about another big prop.
I would like another personally.


I think you're right. RH seems to prefer mobile forwards. It's great to be able to exploit space quickly but you also need size and weight to drive away from your own line, and suck in the other team's defence with the threat posed by a big guy when near the opponent's line.

The latter two points emphasise where I believe we've been weak in recent seasons.
Re: Players Ins and Outs Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:26 pm  

Rob Nash wrote:
Rob Nash Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm
Posts: 526
weighman wrote:
Wonder if Ollett is the last signing for 2020 ?

The squad is a lot stronger than 2019 but could we run to another prop or middle as they are known.

COYD

I agree. I'm hoping Dixon could fill that role though
Re: Players Ins and Outs Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:35 pm  

AdamH wrote:
AdamH Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 pm
Posts: 693
Double Movement wrote:
I think you're right. RH seems to prefer mobile forwards. It's great to be able to exploit space quickly but you also need size and weight to drive away from your own line, and suck in the other team's defence with the threat posed by a big guy when near the opponent's line.

The latter two points emphasise where I believe we've been weak in recent seasons.


you may still get your wish - on the interview on the article about Ollet's versatility RH mentions that now that we do not have a dual reg agreement we need a bigger squad than last season.

Looking at the squad for last year including loans but nor DR we had 26 players

To match this we need 3 more, so maybe another 3 signings then see which of the trialists is worth a punt in the friendlies
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Movement and 11 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Doncaster RLFC


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,6991,14978,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X