Dec 22 201211 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Mar 20 17:0713th Mar 20 17:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:50 pm  
A Adler wrote:
Most strong leaders are considered bullies by those that cannot meet the expectations of their leaders. Tim on the other hand is being laughed at. Don't believe me, that's your prerogative. Maybe you have another reason grudgehull has gone quiet on offering him a new contract/pension.

So players that have laughed at Tim Sheens.......so let's have a little think who he has coached who 'laughed at him
Gary Belcher
Mal Meninga
Laurie Daley
Ricky Stuart
Glen Lazarus
Bradley Clyde
Brett Hodgson
Benji Marshall
Scott Prince
Jonathon Thurston. This is a very short list. It doesn't include those he coached solely for the Australian team not other greats as a club coach.
Many of these he gave their debuts and helped make their careers.
Radford?
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jul 19 16:551st Jul 19 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:54 pm  
Burtons Forearm wrote:
So players that have laughed at Tim Sheens.......so let's have a little think who he has coached who 'laughed at him
Gary Belcher
Mal Meninga
Laurie Daley
Ricky Stuart
Glen Lazarus
Bradley Clyde
Brett Hodgson
Benji Marshall
Scott Prince
Jonathon Thurston. This is a very short list. It doesn't include those he coached solely for the Australian team not other greats as a club coach.
Many of these he gave their debuts and helped make their careers.
Radford?

Plus many of the players we’ve signed have cited Sheens the reason they have this new idiot we have to put up with is in the same mould as F.C. gimp houghtons heroes etc proper crap trolls
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2490
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200717 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Aug 22 21:1324th Aug 22 14:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:08 pm  
[quote="fun time frankie"]Plus many of the players we’ve signed have cited Sheens the reason they have this new idiot we have to put up with is in the same mould as F.C. gimp houghtons heroes etc proper crap trolls[/quote]
Glad to see some sense posted. I for one am happy that we have him as coach, looking at the list of players he has coached & influenced is a list of the modern games icons! What I hope he is bringing to our club is structures & habits that will move our club upwards & onwards. It not his fault that the talent we have is not to the high standard that he has worked with before but I am sure he will improve what our players have more than any other coach available here. And if any players are laughing at him then we should get rid at once, if they can’t see what he brings to our club then it’s them that should be ridiculed.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 pm  
Beverley red wrote:
Glad to see some sense posted. I for one am happy that we have him as coach, looking at the list of players he has coached & influenced is a list of the modern games icons! What I hope he ish bringing to our club is structures & habits that will move our club upwards & onwards. It not his fault that the talent we have is not to the high standard that he has worked with before but I am sure he will improve what our players have more than any other coach available here. And if any players are laughing at him then we should get rid at once, if they can’t see what he brings to our club then it’s them that should be ridiculed.

Obviously nobody’s laughing at him that was just a pathetic attempt at trolling by A Alder
RankPostsTeam
International Star2999No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 13 201212 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Apr 24 12:438th Apr 24 14:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:01 am  
Theres no doubting his credentials and his CV but for a coach of his experience i cant understand why we are so terrible in defence, something no coach has ever had the ability to improve since we first entered SL.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12575
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Apr 24 20:119th Apr 24 19:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:40 am  
bishops finger wrote:
Theres no doubting his credentials and his CV but for a coach of his experience i cant understand why we are so terrible in defence, something no coach has ever had the ability to improve since we first entered SL.

I’d say that under Morgan in our best years in SL will played a low error, good kick chase game. If we fell behind and had to chase the game, it could go very badly. Especially against teams like Saints, if a ref like Child got a monk on with us.

Since then, our coaches have all wanted to play some footy. In this week’s HKRtv interview, Sheens mentions that we’re still a dry weather team. I think we’re a bit more balanced than in recent years, but still different to the teams you think of as being aggressive and physical - although I see some are complaining of a lack of size on the Wigan board and Hull fans are less confident than previously in their pack.

Cas and Saints have shown a more expansive style of play can work. Hopefully as the team gets to know each other better, we’ll improve in attack and defence. But there do still look to be basic issues in the strength of our contact and maybe we should try to get three in the tackle more often?

Anyway, if we win tonight, he’ll be a genius again! :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:29 am  
Mild Rover wrote:
I’d say that under Morgan in our best years in SL will played a low error, good kick chase game. If we fell behind and had to chase the game, it could go very badly. Especially against teams like Saints, if a ref like Child got a monk on with us.

Since then, our coaches have all wanted to play some footy. In this week’s HKRtv interview, Sheens mentions that we’re still a dry weather team. I think we’re a bit more balanced than in recent years, but still different to the teams you think of as being aggressive and physical - although I see some are complaining of a lack of size on the Wigan board and Hull fans are less confident than previously in their pack.

Cas and Saints have shown a more expansive style of play can work. Hopefully as the team gets to know each other better, we’ll improve in attack and defence. But there do still look to be basic issues in the strength of our contact and maybe we should try to get three in the tackle more often?

Anyway, if we win tonight, he’ll be a genius again! :D

We did take some hammerings under Morgan like against Saints etc but we did have some class overseas players the like of we’ll probably not see again in the same side I personally didn’t like the style under Morgan but it was our best period in SL so you can’t have everything
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12575
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years127th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 am  
fun time frankie wrote:
We did take some hammerings under Morgan like against Saints etc but we did have some class overseas players the like of we’ll probably not see again in the same side I personally didn’t like the style under Morgan but it was our best period in SL so you can’t have everything

If it is a choice, I much prefer winning to playing an attractive brand of rugby, no doubt about that.

I think, simply, the overall quality of our squads dropped after Morgan left, relative to the rest of SL. It was always going to be hard to replicate the recruitment we had for 2008. The club looked to become more sustainable, and obviously we have things like the North Stand now. But when good quality players didn’t come through our own ranks in anything like the numbers hoped for, the long-term planning for the development of the team backfired - leading to churn in chasing better results initially and relegation when we decided to be patient.

This is our first season after pulling ourselves clear of that mess, really. I think because we’d done a decade in SL and with hindsight we know we recovered, it is maybe taken for granted slightly - but look at Leigh and Widnes. In 2008, in the second season after our first promotion to SL, we got 23 points from 27 games. Around that level would be fair to middling in 2019, I reckon. Then in 2009 we kicked on a bit. Fingers crossed!
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:03 pm  
Mild Rover wrote:
If it is a choice, I much prefer winning to playing an attractive brand of rugby, no doubt about that.

I think, simply, the overall quality of our squads dropped after Morgan left, relative to the rest of SL. It was always going to be hard to replicate the recruitment we had for 2008. The club looked to become more sustainable, and obviously we have things like the North Stand now. But when good quality players didn’t come through our own ranks in anything like the numbers hoped for, the long-term planning for the development of the team backfired - leading to churn in chasing better results initially and relegation when we decided to be patient.

This is our first season after pulling ourselves clear of that mess, really. I think because we’d done a decade in SL and with hindsight we know we recovered, it is maybe taken for granted slightly - but look at Leigh and Widnes. In 2008, in the second season after our first promotion to SL, we got 23 points from 27 games. Around that level would be fair to middling in 2019, I reckon. Then in 2009 we kicked on a bit. Fingers crossed!

Morgan was a great motivator he definitely got us up for the derbies I think the first season in SL apart we punched above our weight and I think as fans we expected it just to get better and better and it didn’t but every team goes through a cycle
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12575
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years127th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Tim Sheens' Contract : Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 pm  
fun time frankie wrote:
Morgan was a great motivator he definitely got us up for the derbies I think the first season in SL apart we punched above our weight and I think as fans we expected it just to get better and better and it didn’t but every team goes through a cycle

That’s very true. Anything seemed possible for a while.

Mind you, Morgan did have the advantage of mostly playing derbies when Hull were in the lower part of a cycle. Ahhh, the good old days. :)
PreviousNext