OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 13:0724th Mar 24 13:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:35 am  
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
Where’s the Smiff tears of joy ?
Players still drunk on the cheap Sangria given to them by Hudge on the 48 hour coach journey home
I backed London -2 so I’m having a beautiful meal tonight with the winnings on the river front in Melbourne

Salford will hammer you next week and London will see off Trinity
The master stroke of Smiff appointment will have worked out so well

Back to your sewer rodent.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 26 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Dec 19 14:0017th Dec 19 14:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:05 am  
bishops finger wrote:
We stopped trying to win that game after about 65 minutes and just tried to see it out, instead of trying to see them off with another try we just kept giving them the ball back thanks to our pathetic kicking game.
The team lacks leadership and brains IMO. i hope we stay up but looking at the players were linked with it'll only be more of the same next year if we do.

Could not agree more my friend, that is why some of my rovers mates think I am mad at the fact I fear survival more than relegation as I am tired of being uncompetitive and would love a return to what is a very balanced and competitive division, notwithstanding Toronto who hopefully will join a resilient London, in the super league, I relish trips on Sunday afternoons to Leigh,Widnes,Halifax,Bradford, bring it on for me and I will be the first person at the club shop a week on Monday to buy a season pass if we get relegated. I would then like to see the club play the likes of Mikey Lewis ,jez Litten, Will Oakes, Will dagger , give British talent a go.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 20167 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 23 09:2929th Mar 23 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 am  
Simple fact..This team collectively is not good enough. That is why we are were we are. Game management is excruciatingly poor. If it had been anywhere near average this season we would be a few points(and safe)better off.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12568
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:4425th Mar 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am  
Old Timer No 4 wrote:
Simple fact..This team collectively is not good enough. That is why we are were we are. Game management is excruciatingly poor. If it had been anywhere near average this season we would be a few points(and safe)better off.

I largely agree. If we do go down, we’ll have the best record of any relegated team in the SL era, I think. Which’d be typically Rovers and scant consolation.

Part of us not being good enough, is that to get a win takes a bigger physical and mental effort than it does for better teams and I think that is why we’re so up and down this year.

I know Smith, like our other recent coaches, likes to ‘play some footy’ - and that would normally appeal to me. I also know fans can quickly tire of ‘5 drives and a kick’. However, I would like us to go a bit more grit and grind now. I think we need that mentality rebuilding, and I don’t think we have enough talent for expansive, expressive play to be our most effective option week in, week out.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:0422nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 am  
Mild Rover wrote:
I largely agree. If we do go down, we’ll have the best record of any relegated team in the SL era, I think. Which’d be typically Rovers and scant consolation.

Part of us not being good enough, is that to get a win takes a bigger physical and mental effort than it does for better teams and I think that is why we’re so up and down this year.

I know Smith, like our other recent coaches, likes to ‘play some footy’ - and that would normally appeal to me. I also know fans can quickly tire of ‘5 drives and a kick’. However, I would like us to go a bit more grit and grind now. I think we need that mentality rebuilding, and I don’t think we have enough talent for expansive, expressive play to be our most effective option week in, week out.

So instead of pontificating, on this occasion, get thee sen to Salford, and cheer them on.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2995No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 13 201212 years244th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 05:0925th Mar 24 05:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:42 pm  
I watched it back this morning and it was painful watching, no brains, no kicking game, no leadership, no game management.
London we all know arent the best squad of players but what they have is the right attitude and if your not at 100% your in trouble as we've found out twice now. SL this year has shown me that you only have to have an off day and you've lost, Wakey at home a prime example. What im getting at is given the position we are in the league we should be going out with the same attitude as London and giving 100% for 80 minutes, but there's no middle ground with us unfortunatly, were either really good or were terrible and weve been terrible far to often.
I really hope we stay up, the club needs to be in SL too, we need a coach that can inject some mental toughness IMO, i think TS is the right man and i think we'll win at Salford too.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 20167 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 23 09:2929th Mar 23 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:22 pm  
bishops finger wrote:
I watched it back this morning and it was painful watching, no brains, no kicking game, no leadership, no game management.
London we all know arent the best squad of players but what they have is the right attitude and if your not at 100% your in trouble as we've found out twice now. SL this year has shown me that you only have to have an off day and you've lost, Wakey at home a prime example. What im getting at is given the position we are in the league we should be going out with the same attitude as London and giving 100% for 80 minutes, but there's no middle ground with us unfortunatly, were either really good or were terrible and weve been terrible far to often.
I really hope we stay up, the club needs to be in SL too, we need a coach that can inject some mental toughness IMO, i think TS is the right man and i think we'll win at Salford too.

Agree with all of that except I fear for us at Salford. Yes, we could win, but the mental side of the team seems as fragile as glass. The lack of a vociferous and demanding leader is plain to see,we seem out enthused too often and the kicking game is very hit and miss, and in what I would call "big" games against teams around us, it,s been poor to bad. Hence defeats which may send us down. Whatever happens on Friday, next year will be a different squad, but fear it will be in the Championship. I just hope I am wrong.
I really think London will turn over Wakefield, Think they will out enthuse Wakey they just don,t lie down and credit to them for that. That said 4 points virtually given to them by Saints. Can,t blame Saints for doing what they did, just wish they had done it for us. It does create an imbalance in the placings though, and this time at our expense.
Yes, I,m having a right moan, but I am totally fed up with them for repeatedly letting down the fans who keep turning up, and it hurts.
It is only a game, and on Friday(I can,t go on Friday)I will hope lady luck is on our side for a change, it,s time she was, and that the team turns up and does what is vital and win.If not we all know the consequences.
Engage brains boys and flaming well win.You are capable, just do it.
Kenty 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 26 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 23 12:0216th May 23 12:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pm  
Spegsdrinkingbuddy wrote:
Do you think it’s possible that it is a curse on the club ala Hulls wembley hoodoo, you may laugh but too many coincidences for me to think otherwise, we will possibly get through the curse like Hulls Wembley one but when?

That'll be 100 years til the curse is lifted then
RankPostsTeam
International Star6835No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 01:1528th Mar 24 16:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:00 pm  
Old Timer No 4 wrote:
Agree with all of that except I fear for us at Salford. Yes, we could win, but the mental side of the team seems as fragile as glass. The lack of a vociferous and demanding leader is plain to see,we seem out enthused too often and the kicking game is very hit and miss, and in what I would call "big" games against teams around us, it,s been poor to bad. Hence defeats which may send us down. Whatever happens on Friday, next year will be a different squad, but fear it will be in the Championship. I just hope I am wrong.
I really think London will turn over Wakefield, Think they will out enthuse Wakey they just don,t lie down and credit to them for that. That said 4 points virtually given to them by Saints. Can,t blame Saints for doing what they did, just wish they had done it for us. It does create an imbalance in the placings though, and this time at our expense.
Yes, I,m having a right moan, but I am totally fed up with them for repeatedly letting down the fans who keep turning up, and it hurts.
It is only a game, and on Friday(I can,t go on Friday)I will hope lady luck is on our side for a change, it,s time she was, and that the team turns up and does what is vital and win.If not we all know the consequences.
Engage brains boys and flaming well win.You are capable, just do it.

If you think Rovers let the fans down then take a look at my team at the KCOM
Wakefield will beat London so dont worry.
Also id take Tony Smith anyday over Radford
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain801No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Dec 19 00:334th Dec 19 17:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!

Re: London : Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:48 pm  
with some personel back we can beat salford regardless of what others say and wakey should beat london, rather be in our position than theirs , however nothing is assured, a very interesting friday night for rl followers and positions could change by the minute
PreviousNext