WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad 2020

Board index Super League Hull KR Squad 2020

Re: Squad 2020 Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:01 pm  

Keiththered wrote:
Keiththered Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 1115
bishops finger wrote:
My point being that Salford would be classed as cheap and available yet look how they played and where they finished. If Smith can get us playing like that ill certainly be happy


Yes I realise that. I was showing that money does not always buy success. You need team spirit and good coaching. You can say the same about Cas. Being able to identify players with potential and develop them as individuals whilst moulding them into an effective team by good coaching has been achieved at both clubs. Tony S the ability to do the same for us.
Re: Squad 2020 Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:04 pm  
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 134
bishops finger wrote:
Would you class Salford as cheap and available?


Sort of I suppose, certainly overachieved this year, there is always an exception to the rule, see Leicester city , but if you wish to hype next year up on the strength of the recruitment then fill your boots mate, I have a somewhat tempered excitement of next year, I say all this as a long standing supporter of 40 years and was more than happy to stand with the 1400 on cold autumn / winter evenings playing and sometimes losing to sides like York, Whitehaven , Mansfield marksman, Runcorn Highfield, because of the clubs income streams and support base it matched expectations, however current crowd base and income levels suggest to me we should be at the very least consistently 5-8 in that league not perennial basement strugglers, think last 4 years , 2016 last game peril MPG drop goal, 2017 championship promotion (did well 2 games to spare) 2018 needing to beat Widnes by 16 iirc, 2019 needing to beat Salford ,or hoping London lose, funnily enough my biggest relief this year is seeing James Webster depart, full respect for 2005,2006,2007 seasons work ,cracking clever player , but as a coach , enough said.
Re: Squad 2020 Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:18 pm  
bishops finger Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:56 pm
Posts: 2858
Spegsdrinkingbuddy wrote:
Sort of I suppose, certainly overachieved this year, there is always an exception to the rule, see Leicester city , but if you wish to hype next year up on the strength of the recruitment then fill your boots mate, I have a somewhat tempered excitement of next year, I say all this as a long standing supporter of 40 years and was more than happy to stand with the 1400 on cold autumn / winter evenings playing and sometimes losing to sides like York, Whitehaven , Mansfield marksman, Runcorn Highfield, because of the clubs income streams and support base it matched expectations, however current crowd base and income levels suggest to me we should be at the very least consistently 5-8 in that league not perennial basement strugglers, think last 4 years , 2016 last game peril MPG drop goal, 2017 championship promotion (did well 2 games to spare) 2018 needing to beat Widnes by 16 iirc, 2019 needing to beat Salford ,or hoping London lose, funnily enough my biggest relief this year is seeing James Webster depart, full respect for 2005,2006,2007 seasons work ,cracking clever player , but as a coach , enough said.


I think when your down there at the bottom its harder to get away from being perrenial strugglers than we realise, the better players that are available are already signed up as weve seen too often, I do like the idea of a younger hungrier squad but im under no illusions that it could well be another hard slog next year, but if we can climb the table a bit and recruit earlier then hopefully we could start to push up the league.
Salfords season should be what all of us strugglers hope for, but when the smaller clubs have great seasons they tend to get dry bummed by the bigger teams picking there better players off too.
Hopefully Tony Smith can help us improve as a team as he has done everywhere else he's coached at.
Re: Squad 2020 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:03 pm  
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 134
bishops finger wrote:
I think when your down there at the bottom its harder to get away from being perrenial strugglers than we realise, the better players that are available are already signed up as weve seen too often, I do like the idea of a younger hungrier squad but im under no illusions that it could well be another hard slog next year, but if we can climb the table a bit and recruit earlier then hopefully we could start to push up the league.
Salfords season should be what all of us strugglers hope for, but when the smaller clubs have great seasons they tend to get dry bummed by the bigger teams picking there better players off too.
Hopefully Tony Smith can help us improve as a team as he has done everywhere else he's coached at.


Fully accept the point of recruitment disadvantage due to late late survival, but something for me is not quite right at the club and I for one certainly cannot point to what it is but it feels nothing like the spirit of the club in the Morgan years, it felt like we were all bound together as a unit from the chairman to the fans to the players to the coach to the sponsors, it felt like a family unit throughout and even in defeat felt like we could come back stronger next week, as I say I wish we could , as the Beatles would say “come together as one” again. Proof of what I am trying to say is our captain last year has asked for premature departure, the foooking CAPTAIN.
Re: Squad 2020 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:36 pm  

Keiththered wrote:
Keiththered Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 1115
Spegsdrinkingbuddy wrote:
Fully accept the point of recruitment disadvantage due to late late survival, but something for me is not quite right at the club and I for one certainly cannot point to what it is but it feels nothing like the spirit of the club in the Morgan years, it felt like we were all bound together as a unit from the chairman to the fans to the players to the coach to the sponsors, it felt like a family unit throughout and even in defeat felt like we could come back stronger next week, as I say I wish we could , as the Beatles would say “come together as one” again. Proof of what I am trying to say is our captain last year has asked for premature departure, the foooking CAPTAIN.


That was initially to be expected after so many years in the wilderness. The club and supporters came together after relegation as well in quite a remarkable way. Last season attendances were the best for some years despite our league position so many of us must have some affinity with the club.

It’s easy to be negative and ignore the positives. What are you doing to engender this wonderful togetherness that you perceive to be missing? Go on the hullkrfans forum. Yes there are people with negative thoughts on there as well but also a group of fans actively trying to help the club.
Re: Squad 2020 Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:24 am  

User avatardes lawson wrote:
des lawson User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:07 pm
Posts: 578
Interesting article from "the mole". Star to leave the nrl after the grand final,aidan sezer is the man and the rumour going round he has signed for us.Huddersfield also seem to be interested,but an article in oz a week ago said he had signed a 2 year deal with us.Would be a cracking signing if true fingers crossed.
Re: Squad 2020 Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:37 am  

eastul105 wrote:
eastul105 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm
Posts: 448
Would mean an overseas player departing who would we pick?
Re: Squad 2020 Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:17 pm  
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 134
eastul105 wrote:
Would mean an overseas player departing who would we pick?


Not pick as such but garbutt will almost certainly go as I believe Leeds were not that daft to let a fully fit garbutt leave as when fit “wow” absolute great prop, but if you watched him late on in the games he could play in he limped his way through most of them and I think it has a ring of scruton about it and I think he may have to face up to a career decision and I think he will give an off season a go and retire early feb, absolutely gutted if it happens as we need a fit Garbo more than anything :(
Re: Squad 2020 Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:41 pm  

eastul105 wrote:
eastul105 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm
Posts: 448
We'd have to find a quality prop and the money to pay his last 2 years off but I can see ur point
Re: Squad 2020 Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:56 pm  
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 134
eastul105 wrote:
We'd have to find a quality prop and the money to pay his last 2 years off but I can see ur point


He seems a genuine honest guy but obviously needs to think about his family and earning potential, but medical facts are medical facts and if it looks like your playing standards are compromised by a reoccurring injury it would be dishonest to carry on, i for one hope it is ok for him to carry on but if he carries on by just managing the problem I for one thinks it’s wrong and a waste of a precious quota spot, btw I may be a mile off with my appraisal of him , it is just my observation and opininion.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Old Timer No 4 and 44 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,118,8431,14578,4374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X