JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 05 200122 years259th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Oct 12 11:541st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.

Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:51 pm  

Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom

Round eighteen saw the battle of the wooden spoon as Wakefield Trinity hosted Hull KR for a Sunday afternoon kick off. Both sides have a twenty percent win record with Wakefield currently bottom by virtue of KR having a better points difference.

Wakefield grabbed a crucial win over the Huddersfield Giants last time out while Hull KR lost to the Castleford Tigers, both clubs having had just two days to recover from their exploits. A win for either side would see them in tenth place in the table, Salford Red Devils were too far ahead for either side to make much of an impression on ninth spot.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom

Round eighteen saw the battle of the wooden spoon as Wakefield Trinity hosted Hull KR for a Sunday afternoon kick off. Both sides have a twenty percent win record with Wakefield currently bottom by virtue of KR having a better points difference.

Wakefield grabbed a crucial win over the Huddersfield Giants last time out while Hull KR lost to the Castleford Tigers, both clubs having had just two days to recover from their exploits. A win for either side would see them in tenth place in the table, Salford Red Devils were too far ahead for either side to make much of an impression on ninth spot.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 20204 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Jan 23 20:363rd Aug 22 18:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:01 pm  
Just keeping our powder dry for the Derby?
When are we going to learn that you don't have to give the opposition a good head start before we start to play?
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years127th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 17:2124th Apr 24 08:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:03 pm  
Just hoping wrote:
Just keeping our powder dry for the Derby?
When are we going to learn that you don't have to give the opposition a good head start before we start to play?

:lol:

To the second point, how much of that is the opposition dropping their intensity with the game won, rather than us ‘waking up’?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach545
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200618 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Jul 22 13:2711th Jul 22 15:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 pm  
You do realize that the wooden spoon won’t stop us from singing the 1985 song don’t you? You have to win an actual trophy for that.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years127th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:22 pm  
I’m leaving that one up, as at this time I feel having somebody to pity and feel superior to is therapeutic for me/us right now.

But one is plenty.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 20168 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 23 09:2929th Mar 23 19:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:09 pm  
No excuses anymore. That was appalling. This lot cannot defend to save themselves. Thoroughly hacked off. Big changes needed. Nailed on for the wooden spoon after that display. Basic errors in defence, wasting possession and wrong choices just gift the opposition the match virtually every time, and others know it and don,t have to work too hard, they simply play their game and wait for our lot to implode, and it happens time and time again. Too many players are not up to the standard needed and the team is collectively mentally weak. There is quality in the team but it,s not getting much of a chance to shine because as a unit the team is not functioning. TS has a major job on his hands. 3 wins out of 15 is totally unacceptable. 13 out of 44 including last season, ouch.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years127th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:22 pm  
Old Timer No 4 wrote:
No excuses anymore. That was appalling. This lot cannot defend to save themselves. Thoroughly hacked off. Big changes needed. Nailed on for the wooden spoon after that display. Basic errors in defence, wasting possession and wrong choices just gift the opposition the match virtually every time, and others know it and don,t have to work too hard, they simply play their game and wait for our lot to implode, and it happens time and time again. Too many players are not up to the standard needed and the team is collectively mentally weak. There is quality in the team but it,s not getting much of a chance to shine because as a unit the team is not functioning. TS has a major job on his hands. 3 wins out of 15 is totally unacceptable. 13 out of 44 including last season, ouch.

Without wanting to sound melodramatic, we’re not far off a death spiral, in terms of existing as a super league club. Fans won’t renew or will cancel memberships, the squad will grow even weaker, more the halfway decent players will look for the exit and and so on. Needs a jolt of electricity now more than patience. No idea where it might come from, unfortunately.

On the media management side, I think we need a win before a lot of fans will even be willing to listen to apologies or mitigating circumstances. I feel for everyone at the club - I know they mean well, and it must be massively draining for them too.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain979
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 26 20176 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Aug 22 07:1513th Aug 22 07:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:41 pm  
Mild Rover wrote:
Without wanting to sound melodramatic, we’re not far off a death spiral, in terms of existing as a super league club. Fans won’t renew or will cancel memberships, the squad will grow even weaker, more the halfway decent players will look for the exit and and so on. Needs a jolt of electricity now more than patience. No idea where it might come from, unfortunately.

On the media management side, I think we need a win before a lot of fans will even be willing to listen to apologies or mitigating circumstances. I feel for everyone at the club - I know they mean well, and it must be massively draining for them too.

What we need is if Neil does sell please make it to somebody with lots of cash and somebody that loves Rugby league and give T Smith plenty of money if not we are doomed
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 20204 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Jan 23 20:363rd Aug 22 18:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:30 pm  
Yes not looking good for next season already, how can they recruit anyone with ambition knowing they would be joining the whipping boys of the league.
As for someone coming to buy the club, who would want to invest at this time, remember Hull city have been up for sale for years, so who is going to invest in a club in such a perilous situation.
Have been supporting Rovers for about 30 years and even though we are all going through difficult times I have never been so disappointed at our form.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years127th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Wakefield Win Again as Hull KR Go Bottom : Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:27 pm  
Just hoping wrote:
Yes not looking good for next season already, how can they recruit anyone with ambition knowing they would be joining the whipping boys of the league.
As for someone coming to buy the club, who would want to invest at this time, remember Hull city have been up for sale for years, so who is going to invest in a club in such a perilous situation.
Have been supporting Rovers for about 30 years and even though we are all going through difficult times I have never been so disappointed at our form.

It’s frightening that our fans have probably the lowest expectations in the league and yet we’re still among the most disappointed again this year.

I was glad to see the back of the batch that lost the lead late on against London last year, when victory would have secured our own survival. I think we needed a reset to try to fix the mentality, and our ability to find a way to lose. And I appreciate the ‘young and hungry’ thing reflected what we could get at least as much as what we might have chosen. But we’ve gone backwards.

Short of somebody tipping in a big pile of cash, i’m struggling to come up with any suggestion that might plausibly work at this level at this point. Maybe we can salvage something from the wreckage of 2020, if we can somehow win a couple of the last four games but that seems mighty unlikely now.
Next