Board index Championship 1 North Wales Crusaders celtic vs salford



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:54 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:45 pm
Posts: 1334
Location: LEEDS
Salford must be flapping now. Harold Shippman must have give em a rollocking at half time.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:55 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:49 pm
Posts: 18736
Location: Baix Empordà, Catalunya
celtic got what they deserved. giving away a penalty on the last tackle... for holding down :roll:






:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:20 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 1565
Location: East hull
Catalancs wrote:any idea of the crowd on tonight?
been quite good so far this weekend.

Hull-Wigan 14,573
Leeds-Wakefield 15,643
St Helens-Warrington 17,009
Catalans-Huddersfield 7,520


Salford-Crusaders 4,026 :oops:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:49 pm
Posts: 18736
Location: Baix Empordà, Catalunya
willowred wrote:Salford-Crusaders 4,026 :oops:


slowly slowly :wink:
can't imagine celtic having brought too many
now the return fixyure could be embarrassing






:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: celtic vs salford
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:14 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:32 pm
Posts: 5695
Location: Wigan, unfortunately.
No1_Saints _Fan wrote:Sadly mistaken, you've been poor yet again in the first half.

And yet again, a much improved performance in the second half. The game turned when Matty Smith was more involved with Jace Van Dijk off the field.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:23 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 16170
Location: Somewhere other than here
I don't think Celtic supporters have anything to worry about. There were some beautifully crafted tries by Celtic; far better than those scored by Salford.

Your guys need to get quicker, get more disciplined (Salford would never have come back into the game if that laying on hadn't happened, bringing about the penalty) and have a good deal more game time to gel properly and just generally adjust to Superleague. I'm amazed at what Celtic do after what? Two matches and a week's worth of training time? And their first two games are away? They've had it tough and yet have not disgraced themselves in either game, and Salford did not play especially cleanly tonight either. I reckon everything will gradually come together for Celtic. There's too much talent in that side for it not to.

I also hope you don't have to play at 7.30 in the evening again. That is just plain stupid and very unfair on the fans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:32 pm
Posts: 5695
Location: Wigan, unfortunately.
SaintsFan wrote:I don't think Celtic supporters have anything to worry about. There were some beautifully crafted tries by Celtic; far better than those scored by Salford.

Your guys need to get quicker, get more disciplined (Salford would never have come back into the game if that laying on hadn't happened, bringing about the penalty) and have a good deal more game time to gel properly and just generally adjust to Superleague. I'm amazed at what Celtic do after what? Two matches and a week's worth of training time? And their first two games are away? They've had it tough and yet have not disgraced themselves in either game, and Salford did not play especially cleanly tonight either. I reckon everything will gradually come together for Celtic. There's too much talent in that side for it not to.

I also hope you don't have to play at 7.30 in the evening again. That is just plain stupid and very unfair on the fans.

They need to wake up for the first 20 minutes, then they might start winning some games.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:36 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 16170
Location: Somewhere other than here
No1_Saints _Fan wrote:They need to wake up for the first 20 minutes, then they might start winning some games.

True. There was mention of that by the Sky guys after the match tonight. It seems they stay overnight in a hotel or something and may not be making best use of the waiting time prior to the game, or it could simply be that they haven't played at enough SL matches yet to get going quick enough. Hopefully it will get sorted soon as they look like they could really make a go of this, assuming the troubles at the club aren't significant.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:14 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 9:46 pm
Posts: 340
Location: In my solid gold house
SaintsFan wrote:Salford would never have come back into the game if that laying on hadn't happened, bringing about the penalty


Come back? Are you aware that Salford were the team in Red that were 20-0 up and never behind?

Oh, and Blakejake - you are a bit silly aren't you? Was that Salford "getting pumped" again?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:23 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 1211
Location: Lower Broughton - The heart of Salford
Chester J Lampwick wrote:Come back? Are you aware that Salford were the team in Red that were 20-0 up and never behind?

Oh, and Blakejake - you are a bit silly aren't you? Was that Salford "getting pumped" again?


:CLAP:
At the end of the day we won!!!
but we still get criticised :S
how do you know Salford would not have come back if we were getting beat??? The fact is u dont know poop mate, we didnt need to come back because we ripped through them in the first 20 minutes






:DANCE: The Eric Shaw Prediction League NL1 and NRC Champion 2008 :DANCE:
SALFORD TILL I DIE
SALFORD RUGBY WILL NEVER DIE

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next





It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:50 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,976,8691,68277,8824,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





72

.