Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Stadium Redevelopment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 133  Next
 Post subject: Re: stadium planning permission
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:10 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Andy Gilder wrote:Because this isn't X Factor, and weight of public opinion among those people who aren't directly impacted in any meaningful way shouldn't influence planning decisions.

As stakeholders of the club fans are directly impacted.

I'm more than comfortable if the decision is made with the totality for information and opinions assessed. I'm not really interested in having the bestest and classiest planning application, written on the finest gilted vellum by the world's leading calligraphers. Nor do I think that the only voices that can be heard are the squeaky-wheel nimbys

//www.pngnrlbid.com

bUsTiNyAbALLs wrote:Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.

vastman wrote:My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:11 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The Southstand as it is now surely the club cant maintain it in perpetuity .

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:31 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Andy Gilder wrote:Classic GH. Renew now, for a more expensive part of the ground, even though you don't know whether we'll be playing Wigan or Whitehaven.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7998507

He must be confident the development will go ahead launching season tickets without southstand as an option.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:44 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:He must be confident the development will go ahead launching season tickets without southstand as an option.

GH simply wants as many season tickets sold as early as possible and irrespective of where they are sold in the ground
His perception being that all those fans that currently stand in the SS will panic and renew their tickets for elsewhere in the ground due to the stadiums capacity being reduced to 13,000
IMO it's still 50/50 whether it will ever get off the ground this year and i certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was shelved yet again

If I was a season ticket holder I would hold fire and make GH and the club work a bit harder on their part to make the tickets more attractive for fans seeking entertaining each week

Maybe he might be then forced into throwing in a couple of star signings for 2017:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:37 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Access work has already started in the south west corner, reducing the Western Terrace capacity for the rest of this year.

"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:36 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Caddick & Hetherington will already have discussed this at length with the planners, Councillors (who decide the permission) & MPs. They will know exactly the likelihood of permission, either by the LPA or on appeal. The decision should be made on policy rather than popularity. There is a housing shortage, despite there being over 1 million empty properties, & there is significant pressure on Councils to build new housing, though I doubt there will be one family buying the type of houses that will be built who is desperately in need of a 5 bed detached property.

The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:19 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

tigertot wrote:Caddick & Hetherington will already have discussed this at length with the planners, Councillors (who decide the permission) & MPs. They will know exactly the likelihood of permission, either by the LPA or on appeal. The decision should be made on policy rather than popularity. There is a housing shortage, despite there being over 1 million empty properties, & there is significant pressure on Councils to build new housing, though I doubt there will be one family buying the type of houses that will be built who is desperately in need of a 5 bed detached property.

Yes but the new house creates a chain that might free up the kind of housing that is needed. Perhaps before having a large family you need to consider how you intend to house them?

Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:39 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sal Paradise wrote:Yes but the new house creates a chain that might free up the kind of housing that is needed.

You mean like how trickle-down economics works?

I'm sure the homeless will be delighted to note that expensive homes built on green belt land for aspirational and wealthy metropolitan elites will eventually free up much needed housing lower down the chain for those in desperate need of a roof over their heads :)

Neoliberalism by plenty, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:35 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

William Eve wrote:You mean like how trickle-down economics works?

I'm sure the homeless will be delighted to note that expensive homes built on green belt land for aspirational and wealthy metropolitan elites will eventually free up much needed housing lower down the chain for those in desperate need of a roof over their heads :)

Neoliberalism by plenty, eh?

A big difference between the dynamics of trickle down - which is a myth it simply isn't happening and the dynamic of the housing market where the chain model does work.

Perhaps if the million empty houses were filled then those desperate for a roof would not be so desperate. I have four on my street alone.

Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:40 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sal Paradise wrote:Perhaps if the million empty houses were filled then those desperate for a roof would not be so desperate. I have four on my street alone.

Did they move out just after you moved in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 133  Next

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com