WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Edwards provides clarity

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Edwards provides clarity

Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:38 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 14725
I feel for the the fans only. They've been shat on from a high point.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:48 am  
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Does a verbal agreement not count legally?
Serious question.

I don't believe for one minute that there has been no communication for months between Edwards, Lenangan, Lam and Radlinski.


To think a 'professional outfit' would rely solely on a verbal agreement would be laughable to say the least, and completely short-sighted and unprofessional. But that's where we seem to be. The details of the contract would have to be in writing and signed and agreed by all relevant parties, far too many ins and outs to agree solely on a handshake or verbal agreement.

I'm pleased Edwards has exposed IL's lack of professionalism to the media/public. Now it's out there he's been forced to play his hand or force a wicked backlash from the fans.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:48 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5968
Orrell Lad wrote:
Edwards has done the right thing, the club simply have to comment now. Silence would be commercial suicide. I absolutely believe Shaun had the right intentions to come and coach the club, so if things don't work out the buck lies with IL.

You have to wonder though, with this episode now being played out in public - will the relationship have soured to the point it is already untenable, regardless of the contract situation?


That’s the feeling I’m getting as well. SE, I believe, does want to coach Wigan and has/had every intention of doing so. His subtle hints to IL in the media over the past few months make sense in the context of this latest media statement - he’s been pushing for a contract to be signed with Wigan not putting himself in the shop window for Wasps or England RU.

If this carries on I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he walked. I’d probably support him if he did, IL is making himself out to be untrustworthy and not honourable, which after all he’s actually done for the club since taking over from Uncle Mo, makes me feel let down. I expected and expect more from the club than this shambles.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 am  
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
100% Warrior wrote:
That’s the feeling I’m getting as well. SE, I believe, does want to coach Wigan and has/had every intention of doing so. His subtle hints to IL in the media over the past few months make sense in the context of this latest media statement - he’s been pushing for a contract to be signed with Wigan not putting himself in the shop window for Wasps or England RU.

If this carries on I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he walked. I’d probably support him if he did, IL is making himself out to be untrustworthy and not honourable, which after all he’s actually done for the club since taking over from Uncle Mo, makes me feel let down. I expected and expect more from the club than this shambles.


Good post. I think this sums up the general feeling with fans.
Hopefully IL can and will come out ASAP and address this situation. Letting it lie is only going to feed the anger and distrust from fans.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:50 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5968
CLUB STATEMENT:

Wigan Warriors are aware of quotes from Shaun Edwards regarding his future contractual arrangements.
Following the conclusion of the Six Nations and Shaun’s comments, we have been seeking dialogue with Shaun directly since Sunday to clarify to Wigan his intentions.


Read more at https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... MKta3Lp.99

Basically confirms the square root of jack all.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:54 am  
ComeOnYouWolves User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 1922
Interesting, trying to get hold of him and he's not responding?
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:57 am  

MGarbutt1986 wrote:
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
100% Warrior wrote:
CLUB STATEMENT:

Wigan Warriors are aware of quotes from Shaun Edwards regarding his future contractual arrangements.
Following the conclusion of the Six Nations and Shaun’s comments, we have been seeking dialogue with Shaun directly since Sunday to clarify to Wigan his intentions.


Read more at https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... MKta3Lp.99

Basically confirms the square root of jack all.

Trying to paint one of Wigan's favourite's as a problem is not going to work well. He has, reading between the lines, said "put a contract on the table". IL seems to have an agenda, and it doesn't look good from the outside looking in.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am  

SteveB46 wrote:
SteveB46 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:19 pm
Posts: 3
100% Warrior wrote:
CLUB STATEMENT:

Wigan Warriors are aware of quotes from Shaun Edwards regarding his future contractual arrangements.
Following the conclusion of the Six Nations and Shaun’s comments, we have been seeking dialogue with Shaun directly since Sunday to clarify to Wigan his intentions.


Read more at https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... MKta3Lp.99

Basically confirms the square root of jack all.


Seems like a stalling tactic to buy themselves a bit of time to figure how to spin it.

The club is really testing the loyalty of its fans at the moment.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am  

User avatarfleabag wrote:
fleabag User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 am
Posts: 955
Location: Rochdale
Well the clubs statement tells us a lot. Just a one line sentence. Very thoughtful that.
Formerly known as Moonlight Flit
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:01 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 14725
'clarify to Wigan!.....on HIS intensions'

Good grief.
once a wire always a wire
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Edinburgh Warrior, MadDogg and 214 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,054,4951,13778,1524,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts