WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Edwards provides clarity

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Edwards provides clarity

Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:05 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24125
Location: WIGAN
A blank statement would’ve told the fans just as much. What an absolute waste of 40 seconds worth of typing that was for a club employee.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 am  

User avatarSuzy Banyon wrote:
Suzy Banyon User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 2719
Location: Tamm Tanz Akademie
SteveB46 wrote:
Seems like a stalling tactic to buy themselves a bit of time to figure how to spin it.

The club is really testing the loyalty of its fans at the moment.


That's exactly what it is. Damage limitation, but they're adding more fuel to the flames of distrust with that waste of time statement.
roger daly wrote:
Oh dear, I believe you would be classed as s[sic] typical Wigan fan

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's the mighty Wigan, they can do whatever they want.

Big lads mate wrote:
you arrogant pot prick

Tricky2309 wrote:
Look prick do one

Willzay wrote:
you cocky pie eating c*nt.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:13 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2192
Everything about the club seems negative at the moment

- this mess of a situation
- constantly losing our best players (whilst other teams tie them down to long contracts)
- poor recruitment and retainment
- cost cutting on squad, marketing etc
- lying about the Bateman situation
- promise of good rugby but not seeing any

No wonder the fans seem to be staying away
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18832
NSW wrote:
Everything about the club seems negative at the moment

- this mess of a situation
- constantly losing our best players (whilst other teams tie them down to long contracts)
- poor recruitment and retainment
- cost cutting on squad, marketing etc
- lying about the Bateman situation
- promise of good rugby but not seeing any

No wonder the fans seem to be staying away


Add to that the admin accounting error which put us over the salary cap yet again.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 am  

User avatarP-J wrote:
P-J User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 1759
100% Warrior wrote:
That’s the feeling I’m getting as well. SE, I believe, does want to coach Wigan and has/had every intention of doing so. His subtle hints to IL in the media over the past few months make sense in the context of this latest media statement - he’s been pushing for a contract to be signed with Wigan not putting himself in the shop window for Wasps or England RU.

If this carries on I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he walked. I’d probably support him if he did, IL is making himself out to be untrustworthy and not honourable, which after all he’s actually done for the club since taking over from Uncle Mo, makes me feel let down. I expected and expect more from the club than this shambles.

You'd support Edwards walking away?

This is clearly a bid to get himself in the shop window when his stock is at its highest. No doubt he's got his eye on the England RU defensive coach job.

If he wanted to come to Wigan it's a quick phone call to Radlinski to confirm everything is still on track. Airing it in the media shows his true intentions.

Fair play to him, if nothing has been signed then he's well within his rights to hawk his services about, but I'll certainly think less of him and will not support him.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 am  

MGarbutt1986 wrote:
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:06 am
Posts: 783
P-J wrote:
You'd support Edwards walking away?

This is clearly a bid to get himself in the shop window when his stock is at its highest. No doubt he's got his eye on the England RU defensive coach job.

If he wanted to come to Wigan it's a quick phone call to Radlinski to confirm everything is still on track. Airing it in the media shows his true intentions.

Fair play to him, if nothing has been signed then he's well within his rights to hawk his services about, but I'll certainly think less of him and will not support him.

wow, talk about a blinkered fan.

IL should have had the ink dry before announcing him.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:38 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24125
Location: WIGAN
NSW wrote:
Everything about the club seems negative at the moment

- this mess of a situation
- constantly losing our best players (whilst other teams tie them down to long contracts)
- poor recruitment and retainment
- cost cutting on squad, marketing etc
- lying about the Bateman situation
- promise of good rugby but not seeing any

No wonder the fans seem to be staying away


I was saying at Wire on Friday that the feel good factor and buzz around the place was similar to how we used to be in Lenagans earlier year and when Simon Collinson was involved but nowadays it’s just flat in every single aspect of the club.

I can only reiterate what I’ve said on here previously in that whilst Ian Lenagan goes down as a legend in my eyes for what he did in turning the club around, if he’s not got the time, energy or resources to run the club in the way it deserves then I seriously hope he’s looking to move it in to somebody who does. If such a person exists is a totally different debate but things can’t continue to be run down like this.
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:41 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18832
I think this is the first time under IL that I’ve felt really down about the club. I think overall he has been fantastic for the club (look where we were when he took over). The youth set-up, women’s team, PDRL team, we’ve had multiple success on the pitch bringing home plenty trophies. We had massive crowds of c16k average and the town was buzzing!

So what is going wrong? The crowds have dropped year on year to c11k, despite what the announcement is the attendances feel physically much less inside the stadium.

Did IL take his eye off the ball with us when he became the chairman of the football league? Only stepping down last September? Did he put others in charge at the time and this is the fallout?

The Salary Cap issue was a worry (regardless of the small amount we were over), the club themselves have stated they ballsed up.

Now this. It’s a bit of a shambles. We had a massive press conference to announce SE signing a three year deal. Now we find out there was no contract and nothing has been signed. The club have now had to put out a hastily arranged meaningless statement which will only put petrol on the flames. This can only be down to £££ and our lack of it?

As I said in an earlier post this is a massive distraction in the lead up to the Salford game. They must be rubbing their hands at this! It’s vital we get a good result so we can climb to mid-table safety. It’s starting to feel very much like 2006 all over again.

Will IL ever recover from this with the supporters? I hope so but it will be a long road back. Results on the pitch will help.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am  
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
MattyB wrote:
I think this is the first time under IL that I’ve felt really down about the club. I think overall he has been fantastic for the club (look where we were when he took over). The youth set-up, women’s team, PDRL team, we’ve had multiple success on the pitch bringing home plenty trophies. We had massive crowds of c16k average and the town was buzzing!

So what is going wrong? The crowds have dropped year on year to c11k, despite what the announcement is the attendances feel physically much less inside the stadium.

Did IL take his eye off the ball with us when he became the chairman of the football league? Only stepping down last September? Did he put others in charge at the time and this is the fallout?

The Salary Cap issue was a worry (regardless of the small amount we were over), the club themselves have stated they ballsed up.

Now this. It’s a bit of a shambles. We had a massive press conference to announce SE signing a three year deal. Now we find out there was no contract and nothing has been signed. The club have now had to put out a hastily arranged meaningless statement which will only put petrol on the flames. This can only be down to £££ and our lack of it?

As I said in an earlier post this is a massive distraction in the lead up to the Salford game. They must be rubbing their hands at this! It’s vital we get a good result so we can climb to mid-table safety. It’s starting to feel very much like 2006 all over again.

Will IL ever recover from this with the supporters? I hope so but it will be a long road back. Results on the pitch will help.



Could it be the move from him investing his own money to the new strategic move of wanting the club to be self-sufficient?
Re: Edwards provides clarity Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:51 am  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1081
The club statement is the craziest thing ive ever seen. Edwards has clearly clarified his position - he has no contract and has not been offered one. What more do they want him to do, get down on his knees in Mr Lenegans office and beg?

It wouldnt surprise me to see Edwards just sign a contract with somebody else now and i wouldnt blame him one bit.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, Akinwale Arobieke, Anglesey Warrior, bonaire, Choc Ice, Froggy, Jason65, MadDogg, MattyB, NickyKiss, NSW, Pieman, roo67, sergeant pepper, stpatricks, warrior1872 and 204 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,071,7891,20578,2214,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts