JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 06:5028th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 pm  
It seems like the RL commentary team are going the same was as football and crow barring a female rugby league player on the panel.

Now women’s rugby league is no better than the worst men’s league so why have them on? I get football because it isn’t a bad standard, but the RL is. What insight can a woman have who’s played a handful of games at a low standard have over a Superleague player or ex-player for that matter like say Lee Briers, Tommy Martyn, Leon Pryce, Lee Crooks, Garry Schofield etc.

Anyone’s else agree?

Please don’t just call me a masogynist, come up with a factual response if you disagree.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12043No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200618 years157th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th May 24 11:266th May 24 13:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm  
post wrote:
It seems like the RL commentary team are going the same was as football and crow barring a female rugby league player on the panel.

Now women’s rugby league is no better than the worst men’s league so why have them on? I get football because it isn’t a bad standard, but the RL is. What insight can a woman have who’s played a handful of games at a low standard have over a Superleague player or ex-player for that matter like say Lee Briers, Tommy Martyn, Leon Pryce, Lee Crooks, Garry Schofield etc.

Anyone’s else agree?

Please don’t just call me a masogynist, come up with a factual response if you disagree.

First of all you don't need to have played to a high standard to be knowledgeable and insightful about the game. I never played any higher than the Hull and District league but I am certain that I am more knowledgeable about the modern game than plenty of ex professionals.

Secondly, it's about the image we want to portray to viewers and sponsors. We need to appear more inclusive and forward thinking to appeal to a broader spectrum. It might seem like tokenism, but it is important to portray that image.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm  
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
First of all you don't need to have played to a high standard to be knowledgeable and insightful about the game. I never played any higher than the Hull and District league but I am certain that I am more knowledgeable about the modern game than plenty of ex professionals.

Secondly, it's about the image we want to portray to viewers and sponsors. We need to appear more inclusive and forward thinking to appeal to a broader spectrum. It might seem like tokenism, but it is important to portray that image.

I’d say we were ahead of our time with having Angela Powers who earned her place and does a great job, why not have her in the studio rather than pitch side?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12043No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200618 years157th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th May 24 11:266th May 24 13:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm  
post wrote:
I’d say we were ahead of our time with having Angela Powers who earned her place and does a great job, why not have her in the studio rather than pitch side?

Tbh, whilst I am happy to have more women involved, I disagree. I don't think Angela Powers is very good at all. Tanya Arnold would be a better example.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4792No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years117th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th May 24 22:1428th Apr 24 15:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 pm  
post wrote:

Anyone’s else agree?

You say don’t call you a madogynist, but you have just come up with a post like that, might as well say “women know your place” “put your knickers on love and make me a cup of tea while the blokes talk about sport”

Your post is pure ignorance, i will await your response where you probably call me a snowflake Or something.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain979
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 26 20176 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Aug 22 07:1513th Aug 22 07:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:49 pm  
rollin thunder wrote:
You say don’t call you a madogynist, but you have just come up with a post like that, might as well say “women know your place” “put your knickers on love and make me a cup of tea while the blokes talk about sport”

Your post is pure ignorance, i will await your response where you probably call me a snowflake Or something.

Agree with you nothing wrong with females been their she is better then some men and better looking has well
Seth 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 200420 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th May 24 08:285th May 24 19:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm  
Make a judgement on what she contributes and not whether she's a woman. Seems pretty articulate with a good understanding of the game so far.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1195
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 05 200519 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th May 24 21:175th May 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm  
[quote="post"]It seems like the RL commentary team are going the same was as football and crow barring a female rugby league player on the panel.

Anyone’s else agree?

Please don’t just call me a masogynist, come up with a factual response if you disagree.[/quote]

Well I for one am fed up of listening to former players being crow barred into punditry with zero ability for it. As for your obvious disdain of females being involved in SL I think she’s held her own & it’s refreshing to see/hear a different voice & can only be a posyivebim bringing more female interest in the sport as a whole.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20 20186 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Sep 19 12:1512th Sep 19 20:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:56 pm  
post wrote:

Anyone’s else agree?

Please tell me this is a wind up? He posts a misogynist post then says “don’t call me a masogynist (sic)”

I haven’t checked his posting history but I bet he’s a Wigan fan
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Women on Sky : Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:04 pm  
rollin thunder wrote:

How is it ignorance? The women on the panels aren’t up to the job and only there to tick a box yet you put words in my mouth about ‘women.....know your limits’ etc.
Next