WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leeds
Leeds Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:22 pm  

Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 3907
Location: Orange street
Next up on Monday and it looks like they are hitting a bit of form. Makes you wonder what type of side we can muster and how we bounce back from that shocking first half against Cas.
I have a feeling a win will be extremely hard and I would have thought the bookies will have them as favourites.
Re: Leeds Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:32 pm  

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Doing some good things in attack but still look shaky in defence. 30-0 at HT turned into 32-18 today. If we concede one, it usually turns into 3 in a few minutes. With fatigue from the short turnaround I can see this being a high scoring contest.

Hurrell went off with a slight hamstring injury so doubt he’ll be risked with the short turnaround. I know Vastman will be devastated as he’s been looking forward to seeing him at Belle Vue all year ;)
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: Leeds Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:23 pm  

Trinity1315 wrote:
Trinity1315 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 pm
Posts: 1122
It's hard to see a win coming. Our strength in depth is really at its limit, but we have to grind on and hope some in our side have a belter and some in the opposition having a stinker. We can hope.
Re: Leeds Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:24 pm  

User avatarEgg Banjo wrote:
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Posts: 966
I've been looking forward to seeing Hurrell but if he needs the rest then it'll be a shame to miss watching him play.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Re: Leeds Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:41 pm  

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Egg Banjo wrote:
I've been looking forward to seeing Hurrell but if he needs the rest then it'll be a shame to miss watching him play.


Well I’m just assuming at the moment he’ll miss out, not confirmed yet but hamstrings aren’t ones you risk otherwise those 1 or 2 games you miss resting it could turn into 10-12 games if you play him and it goes completely.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: Leeds Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:15 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 12797
Location: wakefield
I think I'd go with

Max
MCB
Croft
Lyne
BJB
Hampshire
Reynolds
Fifita
Wood
Hirst
Horo
Kirmond
Arona

Crowther
Kopi
PP
King

Don't really know Croft so if Kershaw better option then MCB in centre but I'm OK giving him a chance.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Leeds Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:57 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14051
PopTart wrote:
I think I'd go with

Max
MCB
Croft
Lyne
BJB
Hampshire
Reynolds
Fifita
Wood
Hirst
Horo
Kirmond
Arona

Crowther
Kopi
PP
King

Don't really know Croft so if Kershaw better option then MCB in centre but I'm OK giving him a chance.


Dont think that you're too far way there, unless we get a late surprise from Chester.
I'd move MCB to centre and put the newbie on the wing though.

A great game to make a debut though and good luck to either Kershaw or Croft when they get the nod.
Re: Leeds Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:40 am  

User avatarUpanunder wrote:
Upanunder User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:15 pm
Posts: 1084
If Jack Croft is a Centre and MCB is a winger, why would you swap em.
I am bemused at this fannying about playing people out of position.
Ok, he's a young un with no SL experience but I don't see any value in playing him as a winger.
Course, if he goes and has a nightmare I fully expect this post to be erased from existence....:)


I ought to add, I wouldn't be surprised if those 80's Big D has been doing lately are starting to catch up with him.
If he plays, he's gonna need managing for his own good.
Re: Leeds Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:16 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14051
Upanunder wrote:
If Jack Croft is a Centre and MCB is a winger, why would you swap em.
I am bemused at this fannying about playing people out of position.
Ok, he's a young un with no SL experience but I don't see any value in playing him as a winger.
Course, if he goes and has a nightmare I fully expect this post to be erased from existence....:)


I ought to add, I wouldn't be surprised if those 80's Big D has been doing lately are starting to catch up with him.
If he plays, he's gonna need managing for his own good.


MCB has played centre before and to throw a young kid in at centre would be a huge ask.
Having said that, I havent seen much of Croft but, Kershaw looked ok and he can certainly do a job on the wing.

I guess we have to wait and see which 17 we go with.

At least it's only Watkins running that channel :D and whoever plays left centre should have the beating of him when we have the ball. :D
Re: Leeds Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:49 am  

User avatarcharlie wrote:
charlie User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3570
Location: Wakefield
I think it will be Horo in the centre personally
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 105 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,054,54877178,1554,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts