Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00

Post subject: GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:40 am 
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."
GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.

"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."

Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:31 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Real class by shenton there. Then again, Catalans have hardly been shy of milking cheap pens in the past..

"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:35 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

As Phil Clarke says, the sport needs to change the culture. It won't change if the refs keep giving penalties and the RFL start handing out bans. Shenton actually threw the ball into a man laid on the floor. Shambolic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Really disappointed with Shenton with that, that’s not how we should be playing the game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:40 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I do think that the Shenton one (and one last weekend) were slightly different to most. The defender who’s offside is directly between the dummy half and the first receiver, rather than the dummy half just throwing the ball at someone lying, out of the way, at the side of the ruck.
Just like the dummy half running at the marker who isn’t square, it’s taking advantage of a defender who hasn’t got into the right place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:45 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

nottinghamtiger wrote:I do think that the Shenton one (and one last weekend) were slightly different to most. The defender who’s offside is directly between the dummy half and the first receiver, rather than the dummy half just throwing the ball at someone lying, out of the way, at the side of the ruck.
Just like the dummy half running at the marker who isn’t square, it’s taking advantage of a defender who hasn’t got into the right place.
please don't defend it, it's cheating plain and simple.

Blocked list
galliant - When Gutterfax stands alone in a thread out comes his alt account to make it look like he's got support.
Gutterfax - Yawnion patronising Troll
Lebron James - yet another Yawnion patronising Troll,born watching the wrong sport he knows his beloved yawnion is 100 behind League so tries to talk Yawnion up and league down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:47 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

nottinghamtiger wrote:I do think that the Shenton one (and one last weekend) were slightly different to most. The defender who’s offside is directly between the dummy half and the first receiver, rather than the dummy half just throwing the ball at someone lying, out of the way, at the side of the ruck.

It he passed to Mcshane he would have caught it. He threw it to the floor though.

All teams do it. No ones "cleaner" than any other despite some stating to the contrary.

The game as a whole needs to take steps to eradicate it though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:50 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

mrpurfect wrote:please don't defend it, it's cheating plain and simple.

I think there’s a subtle difference. If the defender is between the dummy half and first receiver, I have no issue. It’s the same as the dummy half running at a defender who hasn’t got square at marker.
When it crosses into cheating (in my opinion) is when the dummy half throws the ball at a defender who is at the side of the ruck in a position that doesn’t actually impede the pass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

First time I've seen Cas do it from what I can remember. Hate to see it. Ref should just say play on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Bull Mania wrote:It he passed to Mcshane he would have caught it. He threw it to the floor though.

All teams do it. No ones "cleaner" than any other despite some stating to the contrary.

The game as a whole needs to take steps to eradicate it though.

Nope. As far as I’m concerned if a defender is between the dummy half and the first receiver, it’s a penalty.

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com