Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Leeds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Also nice to see Jordan Tansey making a comeback for Leeds at full back!!

WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS

NEVER FINISHED BOTTOM OF SUPER LEAGUE
NEVER RELEGATED
NEVER INVOLVED IN FAKE MERGERS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:23 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Daddycool wrote:He’s got me making a comeback next week

:)

Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:35 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

What was the attendance? I never heard it on the tannoy. Mind you I never heard them announce the MOM but I could have guessed it ;-)

http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:40 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

wildshot wrote:What was the attendance? I never heard it on the tannoy. Mind you I never heard them announce the MOM but I could have guessed it ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:41 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

wildshot wrote:What was the attendance? I never heard it on the tannoy. Mind you I never heard them announce the MOM but I could have guessed it ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:56 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Thank you, both.

http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:56 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

We should be getting more based on our league position and the fact it was a sunny bank holiday. Leeds travelled well so having 5.5k max home fans is a poor show imho. We desperately need a trip to Wembley to get us back in favour of the people of Wakefield. Too many arm chair fans who’d rather watch it in the local pub. Yes it’s not the cheapest and we’ve had years of crap but it’s about time the ‘city’ got behind us.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:52 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

wakefield1990 wrote:We should be getting more based on our league position and the fact it was a sunny bank holiday. Leeds travelled well so having 5.5k max home fans is a poor show imho. We desperately need a trip to Wembley to get us back in favour of the people of Wakefield. Too many arm chair fans who’d rather watch it in the local pub. Yes it’s not the cheapest and we’ve had years of crap but it’s about time the ‘city’ got behind us.

What gets me is the amount of people who live locally and interested in Wakefield,ask me how Jordan went and how Wakey played after the event and when on sky talk like they are pundits, I know everyone has an opinion but BV is 15 minutes down the road , I’ve asked them to get to a couple of games, give it a try I’m sure that they would get hooked. All it needs I’m sure is them first couple of games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:11 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Big lads mate wrote:What gets me is the amount of people who live locally and interested in Wakefield,ask me how Jordan went and how Wakey played after the event and when on sky talk like they are pundits, I know everyone has an opinion but BV is 15 minutes down the road , I’ve asked them to get to a couple of games, give it a try I’m sure that they would get hooked. All it needs I’m sure is them first couple of games.

I've had relatives and friends who are experts on Wakefield. All their knowledge has come from tv and newspapers. I have told them I will listen to their comments when they attend games and not before.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:48 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wakefield1990 wrote:We should be getting more based on our league position and the fact it was a sunny bank holiday. Leeds travelled well so having 5.5k max home fans is a poor show imho. We desperately need a trip to Wembley to get us back in favour of the people of Wakefield. Too many arm chair fans who’d rather watch it in the local pub. Yes it’s not the cheapest and we’ve had years of crap but it’s about time the ‘city’ got behind us.

We should you’re right but it’s more complex for us. I know it’s been said time and time again but the ground is a massive factor. I could have brought an extra body on Monday but I dare not because I know he just won’t accept BV as it is and then he’s lost for good. Maybe I’m wrong and on a fine day like Monday with a fine win he’d have been hooked but you can’t be sure and I lost my nerve.

On the positive that fact that we now have a team that can attract even 5k to BV is a testament that we are going forward all be it slowly. We were nowhere near that a few years back if you took away all the free loaders. At least everyone of the 6.8k payed and that matters more than numbers in my book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:59 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com