FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bulls 2020 - Contracted, OOC and potential players available
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2039
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 19 200618 years254th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:3518th Mar 24 13:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Don't think i'm biased...
...i'm just very narrow minded!!!!!!!

Its that time of the year when players that are off contract start to take stock of their options for next year. I think we can safely say we will still be in the championship next year so who should we be looking to re-sign and who potentially could be available... and would want to come to the Bulls for 2020?

Bulls contracted for 2020 - Brandon Pickersgill, Jy Hitchcox, Jake Webster, Joe Keyes, Rowan Milnes, Steve Crossley, Elliott Minchella, Connor Farrell, Evan Hodgson, Matty Storton, Thomas Doyle

Bulls OOC - Dee Foggin-Johnston, Josh Rickett, Dalton Grant, Ethan Ryan, Ashley Gibson, Ross Oakes, Rhys Evans, Jordan Lilley, Dane Chisholm, Matty Wildie, Sam Hallas, George Flanagan, James Green, Liam Kirk, Callum Bustin, Ross Peltier, Jon Magrin, Matt Garside, George Milton, Mikey Wood, Brad Gallagher, Colton Roche

From the OOC players I'd be happy to see us tie up DFJ, Ryan, Oakes, Evans, Lilley, Wildie, Green, Kirk, Bustin, Peltz and Mikey Wood. The rest i'd not really be too bothered about seeing them released.

Super League players OOC list has been revealed...

CASTLEFORD TIGERS - Cory Aston, Mitch Clark, Tuoyo Egodo, Kieran Gill, Will Maher, Greg Minikin.

CATALANS DRAGONS - Jodie Broughton, Kenny Edwards, Tony Gigot, Benjamin Jullien, Samisoni Langi, Thibaud Margalet, Antoni Maria, Lewis Tierney

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS - Michael Lawrence, Alex Mellor

HULL FC - Gareth Ellis, Bureta Faraimo, Chris Green, Dean Hadley, Jez Litten, Jack Logan, Sika Manu, Mark Minichiello, Mickey Paea, Jack Sanderson, Cameron Scott, Danny Washbrook, Joe Westerman

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS - Danny Addy, Chris Atkin, Josh Drinkwater, James Greenwood, Craig Hall, Tommy Lee, Shaun Lunt, Ryan Shaw, Nick Scruton

LEEDS RHINOS - James Donaldson, Brad Dwyer, Brett Ferres, Cameron Smith

LONDON BRONCOS - Jordan Abdull, James Cunningham, Matt Fleming, Matt Gee, Ben Hellewell, Mark Ioane, Elliot Kear, Eloi Pelissier, Morgan Smith, Alex Walker, Rhys Williams, Luke Yates

SALFORD RED DEVILS - Mark Flanagan, George Griffin, Jackson Hastings, Krisnan Inu, Greg Johnson, Josh Jones, Rob Lui, Ben Nakubuwai, Kris Welham

ST HELENS - Kyle Amor, Luke Douglas, Theo Fages, Ryan Morgan, Adam Swift, Zeb Taia

WAKEFIELD TRINITY - Chris Annakin, Tinirau Arona, Jordan Baldwinson, Ryan Hampshire, Justin Horo, Danny Kirmond, Pauli Pauli, Tyler Randell

WARRINGTON WOLVES - Sitaleki Akauola, Ryan Atkins, Bryson Goodwin, Lama Tasi, Ben Westwood

WIGAN WARRIORS - Joe Burgess, Tony Clubb, Sean O’Loughlin, Dan Sarginson

I'd like to see Cameron Scott back at the club where it started but think he'll get another deal at Hull, Mitch Clark went well for us as did Egodo but both might be retained at Cas. Apart from that I can't see many wanting to drop down a league.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31543
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years77th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 21:0727th Mar 24 15:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

bullinenemyland wrote:
I'd like to see Cameron Scott back at the club where it started but think he'll get another deal at Hull, Mitch Clark went well for us as did Egodo but both might be retained at Cas. Apart from that I can't see many wanting to drop down a league.

Nor can I but some are bound to find themselves surplus to requirements. It’ll be interesting to see if who we can hang onto. I’d go along with most of your list that I’d like to see us keep but depending on who we might attract I think we might see one or two depart.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3123
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 09 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 24 11:0613th Jan 20 13:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Toronto might release a player or two if they go up as well. Unless they just swap the odd player or two with whoever comes down this year
Nothus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5872No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 200519 years231st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:527th Mar 24 16:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I think a list of Championship ooc players might be useful too but unlikely anyone will go to the trouble of making one.
I can't see us attracting much SL talent from that list, but I'd be keeping an eye on London if they come down and Toronto if they go up. I'd take Cunningham, Kear, Ioane and Walker from London but realistically don't think any of them would make the move.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5271
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 201014 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 15:436th Mar 24 20:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

As much as I'm glad that promotion to SL is now fair, The promoted Championship sides will get the last pick of the bunch.it would be better if the Anti Tampering deadline was at the end of the Championship season and the Championship season finished 4-6 weeks before SL finished. At least then the promoted club would have a fair crack at signing players they want, instead of who is left after all the SL clubs have signed theirs well before the season has finished.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5271
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 201014 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Dee Foggin-Johnston, Josh Rickett, Dalton Grant, Ethan Ryan, Ashley Gibson, Ross Oakes, Rhys Evans, Jordan Lilley, Dane Chisholm, Matty Wildie, Sam Hallas, George Flanagan, James Green, Liam Kirk, Callum Bustin, Ross Peltier, Jon Magrin, Matt Garside, George Milton, Mikey Wood, Brad Gallagher, Colton Roche

Defo try and resign

DFG
Grant
Ryan
Lakes
Evans
Lilley
Wildie
Gallas
Green
Kirk
Justin
Peltier
Wood
Roche

Don't know enough about Gallagher, but of he's highly thought of then him too.
Rickett I like but doesn't look like he's going to get a sniff and they're talking this young Murphy up from the academy.

Gibson looks like he's fallen behind Oakes, and with Webster, Evans and Minchella all being picked in front of him it looks like the writing is on the wall for Ash. Same with Garside, Storton and Hodgson looked to have edged in front of him.

Chisholm as we know is gone.

Margin and Milton dont seem up to it.

Biggest dilemma is Georgey Boy. Upto last week I'd have kept him at all costs, but he is our interchange hooker and with the emergence of Doyle, we could probably let him go if we secure Wildie.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain76No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 05 20186 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Sep 21 08:4524th Mar 21 11:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

It will be a major achievement to retain Ryan. Hes the best finisher in the game and can play on the wing and full back (probably centre too). Every SL (and some NRL) clubs will have the cheque book out.
As much as the guy seems to love the Bulls, we're all human and hes going to get some huge offers.
I'll just enjoy watching him whilst we can.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31543
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years77th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

I think the club have been delaying offering deals to some of the younger players in order to see how they develop. It’s a fine balancing act because they might think they’re not wanted and start looking elsewhere. I’m sure the agents will be touting everyone around.

It was interesting to hear Kear’s comments when he was asked about Ethan Ryan after the weekend’s game. He said that although SL teams may be interested players should look at how James Bentley has fared since he left. If you’re not going to be first choice then there’s a good chance you’ll be sent on loan and that’s not good for a young player’s development.

If I’m honest I think Ryan could probably get a first team spot on the wing at Cas. He’s easily as good as James Clare, probably better now. However I think longer term he can become a better player at fullback but I’m not so sure he’s SL material in that position..yet. In the end he’s still only 22 and could command an even bigger deal in a year or two. If he goes I wouldn’t be surprised.

If I was being ruthless I’s say we could probably replace the likes of Gibson, Magrin and Milton without any issue. None of them have really looked like they’re getting back in the side.

Josh Rickett would remain cheap and can do a job. DFJ has been solid, as has Grant but neither are likely to improve on what they’re already doing. I can see us keeping them on similar deals. As for Hallas and Flanagan we need backup for Wildie and I think we need three hookers at the club. Flanagan is knocking on a bit now and I’d use his money to keep Doyle and Hallas. Hallas is no hooker but he gives 100% and is versatile and has age on his side.

I’d definitely try and keep Ryan, Oakes, Evans, Lilley, Wildie, Green, Kirk, Bustin, Peltier and Wood.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5271
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 201014 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Anybody read that article about Ryan in the paper? Does it give much away?

Im blocked from reading it because I haven't signed.up.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31543
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years77th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

It’s basically a re-hash of Kear’s post match interview where he states that players wishing to go to SL clubs should consider if they’d be happy if they were sent on loan or dual reg.
Next