Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:15 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

We were just not good enough, at times we competed well, but other times we were poor. However we are seeing some kind of improvement. Kendall the ref as usual had a shocker for both teams, how he gets games is unbeleivable, yet not using the video ref on a few occasions was poor. Short of a half back, a quality half back would get us moving forward especially in game management and at the end of plays etc. Its time to make concrete offers of £200k for both Hastings and Trueman.
On thing I did note last night sitting behind the Cas dug out, when their forwards left the pitch for a rest they were well spent, you could see they had done a full shift and was equally ready to return when called upon, this is what I want our forwards to be like. Their back row last night was good. I just wish we had the same commitment and quality

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:35 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Brodie123 wrote:We were just not good enough, at times we competed well, but other times we were poor. However we are seeing some kind of improvement. Kendall the ref as usual had a shocker for both teams, how he gets games is unbeleivable, yet not using the video ref on a few occasions was poor. Short of a half back, a quality half back would get us moving forward especially in game management and at the end of plays etc. Its time to make concrete offers of £200k for both Hastings and Trueman.
On thing I did note last night sitting behind the Cas dug out, when their forwards left the pitch for a rest they were well spent, you could see they had done a full shift and was equally ready to return when called upon, this is what I want our forwards to be like. Their back row last night was good. I just wish we had the same commitment and quality

Out of interest which calls did he get wrong that he should have gone to the video ref for? I found it quite refreshing he backed himself and gave them on field and I thought he got them right? On a side note do your fans boo at everything? The JSL try, what was wrong with that one as the whole stadium seemed to boo when it was shown back?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:58 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

splaz wrote:Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.

Bondi is a dump

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 am 
Stevo's Armpit

I tend to agree, I was only talking about the rugby though.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:10 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

splaz wrote:Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.

Rather be in Blackpool.

Summer Bash here we come.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

homme vaste wrote:Out of interest which calls did he get wrong that he should have gone to the video ref for? I found it quite refreshing he backed himself and gave them on field and I thought he got them right? On a side note do your fans boo at everything? The JSL try, what was wrong with that one as the whole stadium seemed to boo when it was shown back?

Yes wasn`t really sure why the fans booed as it clearly shows the ball was grounded.
Probably the only contentious try was when McMeeken I think collided with Newman in the air resulting in him dropping it.
I`ve seen them disallowed before and on the other side of the coin seen them given.
If the fans wanted to boo it should have been at the amount of times the ball was passed forward by McShane but I would not be surprised to read we did the same.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:38 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Lolohea in a boot, lower body injury won't be good for his tub.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The penalty and yellow for Watkins was wrong. Eden looked like he needed a neck brace and stretcher and then a minute later from the penalty, he makes a miraculous recovery and scores. They should not have been given the penalty to have that field position.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

rugbyleague88 wrote:The penalty and yellow for Watkins was wrong. Eden looked like he needed a neck brace and stretcher and then a minute later from the penalty, he makes a miraculous recovery and scores. They should not have been given the penalty to have that field position.

Hips went beyond the horizontal, if only briefly. It was the correct decision and we've seen yellow cards given for similar dangerous tackles during the season so the consistency is there as well.
I imagine Eden stayed down for a bit because it probably hurt. The severity of an injury (or lack of) should have no bearing on the punishment. The potential was there to injure the player.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com