WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 10:15 am  

Brodie123 wrote:
Brodie123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm
Posts: 274
We were just not good enough, at times we competed well, but other times we were poor. However we are seeing some kind of improvement. Kendall the ref as usual had a shocker for both teams, how he gets games is unbeleivable, yet not using the video ref on a few occasions was poor. Short of a half back, a quality half back would get us moving forward especially in game management and at the end of plays etc. Its time to make concrete offers of £200k for both Hastings and Trueman.
On thing I did note last night sitting behind the Cas dug out, when their forwards left the pitch for a rest they were well spent, you could see they had done a full shift and was equally ready to return when called upon, this is what I want our forwards to be like. Their back row last night was good. I just wish we had the same commitment and quality
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 10:35 am  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1560
Location: Tomorrowland
Brodie123 wrote:
We were just not good enough, at times we competed well, but other times we were poor. However we are seeing some kind of improvement. Kendall the ref as usual had a shocker for both teams, how he gets games is unbeleivable, yet not using the video ref on a few occasions was poor. Short of a half back, a quality half back would get us moving forward especially in game management and at the end of plays etc. Its time to make concrete offers of £200k for both Hastings and Trueman.
On thing I did note last night sitting behind the Cas dug out, when their forwards left the pitch for a rest they were well spent, you could see they had done a full shift and was equally ready to return when called upon, this is what I want our forwards to be like. Their back row last night was good. I just wish we had the same commitment and quality


Out of interest which calls did he get wrong that he should have gone to the video ref for? I found it quite refreshing he backed himself and gave them on field and I thought he got them right? On a side note do your fans boo at everything? The JSL try, what was wrong with that one as the whole stadium seemed to boo when it was shown back?
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 am  

splaz wrote:
splaz Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 34
Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 10:58 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8980
Location: West Yorkshire
splaz wrote:
Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.


Bondi is a dump
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 am  

splaz wrote:
splaz Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 34
I tend to agree, I was only talking about the rugby though.
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 12:10 pm  

Bulls4Champs wrote:
Bulls4Champs Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 5260
splaz wrote:
Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.


Rather be in Blackpool.

Summer Bash here we come.
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:20 pm
Posts: 4258
Location: location, location
homme vaste wrote:
Out of interest which calls did he get wrong that he should have gone to the video ref for? I found it quite refreshing he backed himself and gave them on field and I thought he got them right? On a side note do your fans boo at everything? The JSL try, what was wrong with that one as the whole stadium seemed to boo when it was shown back?

Yes wasn`t really sure why the fans booed as it clearly shows the ball was grounded.
Probably the only contentious try was when McMeeken I think collided with Newman in the air resulting in him dropping it.
I`ve seen them disallowed before and on the other side of the coin seen them given.
If the fans wanted to boo it should have been at the amount of times the ball was passed forward by McShane but I would not be surprised to read we did the same.
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 12:38 pm  

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 2678
Location: Meltham
Lolohea in a boot, lower body injury won't be good for his tub.
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm  

rugbyleague88 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 764
The penalty and yellow for Watkins was wrong. Eden looked like he needed a neck brace and stretcher and then a minute later from the penalty, he makes a miraculous recovery and scores. They should not have been given the penalty to have that field position.
Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H) Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 pm  

User avatarNothus wrote:
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5583
Location: Bradford
rugbyleague88 wrote:
The penalty and yellow for Watkins was wrong. Eden looked like he needed a neck brace and stretcher and then a minute later from the penalty, he makes a miraculous recovery and scores. They should not have been given the penalty to have that field position.


Hips went beyond the horizontal, if only briefly. It was the correct decision and we've seen yellow cards given for similar dangerous tackles during the season so the consistency is there as well.
I imagine Eden stayed down for a bit because it probably hurt. The severity of an injury (or lack of) should have no bearing on the punishment. The potential was there to injure the player.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pill rhino and 134 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,054,08982178,1494,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts