Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin TV & Film Rate the last film you watched

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66
 Post subject: Re: Rate the last film you watched
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:08 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Rocketman

Never a great Elton fan as hated all the ott costumes and stuff. But knowing his backstory gives it a different perspective and some good songs in his earlier years

Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:02 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Just watched "Sideways" from 2004, it was OK, but nothing I'd consider giving a re-watch.

97% rating on rotten tomatoes, overrated if you ask me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:43 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I went to see Spiderman far from home, not much of a Spiderman fan but this was a great film, well worth a watch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:02 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joker 10/10 must see.
Once again a film that rotten tomatoes critic's pan, while the audience loved it, all because this comic book film was more grounded in reality so the violence (which there is far less than in other films) hit too close to home for the liberal woke bell ends.
I left the cinema knowing I liked it but not sure how much I liked it , this film stays with you for days as you try to anylize Joaquin Phoenix's brilliantly portrayed character and the more you do you start to realise this is a masterpiece and the strange thing is everybody seems to have a different take on this facinating character study.

Blocked list
galliant - When Gutterfax stands alone in a thread out comes his alt account to make it look like he's got support.
Gutterfax - Yawnion patronising Troll
Lebron James - yet another Yawnion patronising Troll,born watching the wrong sport he knows his beloved yawnion is 100 behind League so tries to talk Yawnion up and league down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:46 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joker - bit of a strange one this; the first part of the film is almost a case study of mental illness, and how society neglects and further alienates sufferers - with shades of the loner/incel thing, which is very zeitgeisty in the US. It has small elements of the Batman mythos clumsily crow-barred in, but they don't detract from a tour-de-force performance by Joaquin Phoenix - who is painfully good; he's difficult to look at in many scenes.

The second part takes all that and turns it into a comic book supervillain origin story; it does it very well, but I'm not sure the two parts go together - it almost feels like the conclusion cheapens the beginning?

Anyhow - I watched it almost a week ago and I'm still thinking about it; and you can't say that about many comic book movies. 8/10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66

It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com