Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toronto
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:21 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Too much blind faith in players that should have been moved along.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:30 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:Too much blind faith in players that should have been moved along.

Although you were telling everyone before the season started that this year's 'fax squad was stronger than the 2018 version......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:03 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Mr Dog wrote:Although you were telling everyone before the season started that this year's 'fax squad was stronger than the 2018 version......

And Leigh wouldn’t get within 6points of Fax this year. :lol: .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:30 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mr Dog wrote:Although you were telling everyone before the season started that this year's 'fax squad was stronger than the 2018 version......

Whats your point? Our squad looked stronger on paper and a few people with a lot more knowledge than me got it very wrong. Seven months down the line with the position we are in would it be fair to change my opinion?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:31 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:And Leigh wouldn’t get within 6points of Fax this year. :lol: .

To be fair Charlie I hadnt allowed for us been so poor and poundshop Koukash spending his money again. If it makes you feel better Im going to predict that Leigh won't nearly go belly up again in the next 3 years. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:To be fair Charlie I hadnt allowed for us been so poor and poundshop Koukash spending his money again. If it makes you feel better Im going to predict that Leigh won't nearly go belly up again in the next 3 years. :wink:

I think you mean Derek, lol!

Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:01 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:And Leigh wouldn’t get within 6points of Fax this year. :lol: .

I’d say we have under achieved from the team that we had on paper at the start of the season, your team however is very different now from the one that looked to be starting the season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:44 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:And Leigh wouldn’t get within 6 points of Fax this year. :lol: .

That'll probably end up being true, Charlie. :BEAT:

Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Norman Bates wrote:I’d say we have under achieved from the team that we had on paper at the start of the season, your team however is very different now from the one that looked to be starting the season.

Well, that's probably more of a factor than it ever was. It's not just who you've signed and whether your key players stay fit, it's who you can get on Dual Reg.

Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Norman Bates wrote:I’d say we have under achieved from the team that we had on paper at the start of the season, your team however is very different now from the one that looked to be starting the season.

Norman I agree totally with yer post, Fax have been very disappointing this season, probably the RM factor,I’m not sure.
As for us folk keep saying at the start of the season they would have settled for mid table, but you are spot on in saying our current team is so different from the pre season one, which is why we will challenge for 2nd spot at the end of the season.
Our game at Barrow on Sunday will be hard but we should win, get Brierley back fit,and anything can happen, I predict we will sign a wing or centre soon, maybe both.

Widnes will be a hard game for Fax, more than just Ah Van and Gelling though,HH, Ashley Bott, Jack Owens,and the Chapelhow lads, they are a decent team.Have a good week end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com