Apr 19 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 22 14:388th Dec 19 17:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: v Catalans : Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:34 pm  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
I don't particularly want championship rugby GIANTSRL I just think it might be a way of breaking the never ending spiral of dross that we get served up year after year. I dont know how long you have watched them but in my case it has been 30 years, In that time we had a good spell under A Murphy and a better one under N Brown, A season when we won the Hub cap on the strength of Browns work and all the rest have been making up the numbers and bumping along the bottom. Thats around 25years or so of dreams that next year could be our year only to be the same old tripe,
The club is going nowhere, Do you see anything else breaking the mould , I'm too old to believe in dreams mate, but by all means you keep on dreaming, Maybe the Rugby fairies will come and spread some magic dust, myself i think it;s going to take a bit more

I'm not sure what your expectations are but there have been 4 winners of the grand final so that puts us in with the majority of the comp who must be serving up dross. We punched above our weight in the brown era and success goes in cycles, we are currently in a relegation fight, among 4 other teams of which, 3 or below us because we never give up, yeah I'd rather not see us in these situations but it's ability and not lack of effort and we could easily give up a la hullfc or catalan, but we don't which is testament to the character of the team.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 20 08:496th Sep 19 16:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: v Catalans : Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 pm  
willo109 wrote:
I'm not sure what your expectations are but there have been 4 winners of the grand final so that puts us in with the majority of the comp who must be serving up dross. We punched above our weight in the brown era and success goes in cycles, we are currently in a relegation fight, among 4 other teams of which, 3 or below us because we never give up, yeah I'd rather not see us in these situations but it's ability and not lack of effort and we could easily give up a la hullfc or catalan, but we don't which is testament to the character of the team.

agreed!
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 20 08:496th Sep 19 16:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: v Catalans : Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:47 pm  
jools wrote:
Says mr positive...

i dont want to see us relegated.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1614
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years295th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:1927th Mar 24 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: v Catalans : Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:46 pm  
willo109 wrote:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1614
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years295th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: v Catalans : Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:54 pm  
[quote="Jo Jumbuck"][/quote]

Well they are obviously a lot higher than yours, Wasn't 1962 the last time we won a main Trophy,( I was there ) Lets hope the Cycle speeds up a bit. Last time we got relegated ( was it the last time ) we went all season unbeaten , I think we would win that league with ease because i don't think Mr Davy would do any different than that time .

Anyway i'm obviously in a minority of one, but something needs to change and has done for a lot of years now, My money is on nothing changing at all , same old close season of promises and hope followed by the usual great start and the fight to get clear of the bottom. and to expect something better than that year after year is unrealistic ? .
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain410
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20167 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Aug 23 09:2929th Jul 23 17:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: v Catalans : Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:54 pm  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
Well they are obviously a lot higher than yours, Wasn't 1962 the last time we won a main Trophy,( I was there ) Lets hope the Cycle speeds up a bit. Last time we got relegated ( was it the last time ) we went all season unbeaten , I think we would win that league with ease because i don't think Mr Davy would do any different than that time .

Anyway i'm obviously in a minority of one, but something needs to change and has done for a lot of years now, My money is on nothing changing at all , same old close season of promises and hope followed by the usual great start and the fight to get clear of the bottom. and to expect something better than that year after year is unrealistic ? .

You've been watching us 30 years yet you were at the 1962 final??? i smell bullpoo
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Aug 21 22:264th Jun 21 23:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !

Re: v Catalans : Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:23 pm  
Seems Im looking at it a different way to others on here
Yes Our pack is much lighter than most
Yes Woolford is HAVING to play the youngsters who are smaller and lighter
maybe because of injuries or perhaps he thinks they are more up for the challenge We know not exactly
But more influential on the result because of the above to me is this:-

They made 20/30 metres at many play the balls
Why -because big strong running forwards got up steam because our defensive line was the correct distance back

We made little more than 5/10 metres at our plays
Why -- because by the time our lighter younger players got the ball the opposing defence were virtually ON THEM as theyd only been 6/7 metres back at the time the tackled man played the ball Easy peasy

Not ref baiting but thats fact Dont think they were penalised for being in front of the ref all the game
In my view thats more a factor
Even when our biggest men drove in hard the tacklers were virtually in the receivers boots and he hadnt got a prayer

Later in the game after it had gone away from us because of the above they were knackered Someone on here said we never looked like winning
I believe 5 more mins and we would have and despite the above nearly took it (or at least to golden point situation )

But lets face it watching regularly and as a neutral the standard of refereeing and the number of abnomalies in their decisions is totally frustrating and in my view on many occasions really influential on the match result as in this case .
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years168th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: v Catalans : Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:03 pm  
Crackerjack wrote:
Seems Im looking at it a different way to others on here
Yes Our pack is much lighter than most
Yes Woolford is HAVING to play the youngsters who are smaller and lighter
maybe because of injuries or perhaps he thinks they are more up for the challenge We know not exactly
But more influential on the result because of the above to me is this:-

Why -because big strong running forwards got up steam because our defensive line was the correct distance back

Why -- because by the time our lighter younger players got the ball the opposing defence were virtually ON THEM as theyd only been 6/7 metres back at the time the tackled man played the ball Easy peasy

Not ref baiting but thats fact Dont think they were penalised for being in front of the ref all the game
In my view thats more a factor
Even when our biggest men drove in hard the tacklers were virtually in the receivers boots and he hadnt got a prayer

Later in the game after it had gone away from us because of the above they were knackered Someone on here said we never looked like winning
I believe 5 more mins and we would have and despite the above nearly took it (or at least to golden point situation )

But lets face it watching regularly and as a neutral the standard of refereeing and the number of abnomalies in their decisions is totally frustrating and in my view on many occasions really influential on the match result as in this case .

Sorry crackers- but I think you are looking at that rather one eyed. We were not getting on side all game - i got so sick of hearing gerrem onside from our fans I was ironically shouting it when we were standing exactly the same as they were.

This is how I see it:
Why -because big strong running forwards got up steam because our defensive line stood and waited for them to come to us and had no momentum whilst they had momentum behind them.

Why -- because by the time our lighter younger players got the ball the opposing defence were virtually ON THEM because Catalan moved forward with good LINESPEED as soon as we had played the ball Easy peasy

Our poor line speed has been an issue all season. We are the slowest team in the comp- which is possibly linked to why we are penalised more than any other team- make the effort and you are less likely to be penalised and more likely to win a penalty.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain195No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20186 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 20 12:2517th Feb 20 11:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: v Catalans : Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm  
jools wrote:
Sorry crackers- but I think you are looking at that rather one eyed. We were not getting on side all game - i got so sick of hearing gerrem onside from our fans I was ironically shouting it when we were standing exactly the same as they were.

This is how I see it:
Why -because big strong running forwards got up steam because our defensive line stood and waited for them to come to us and had no momentum whilst they had momentum behind them.

Why -- because by the time our lighter younger players got the ball the opposing defence were virtually ON THEM because Catalan moved forward with good LINESPEED as soon as we had played the ball Easy peasy

Our poor line speed has been an issue all season. We are the slowest team in the comp- which is possibly linked to why we are penalised more than any other team- make the effort and you are less likely to be penalised and more likely to win a penalty.

100% agree , it does improve when we have momentum like in the games we won and also towards the end of the Catalan game it was improving but we start so slow and when we go behind it seems to get worse
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1614
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years295th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: v Catalans : Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:15 pm  
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:
You've been watching us 30 years yet you were at the 1962 final??? i smell bullpoo

I started to watch Huddersfield when i moved here 30 year ago, i had been watching the game 30+ years before that, just not Huddersfield. For your info i was at Odsell in 62 and at Wembley the week before, on both occasions supporting Wakefield. Maybe you need to stop smelling Bullpoo.
PreviousNext