u RLFANS.COM - The World's Most Popular Rugby League Website

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin The Right Wing & Rugby league



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:42 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16979
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
wotsupcas wrote:You're correct it is a tiny percentage. However to me it's more the principle of it. I don't go to work and pay my taxes and NI for any Tom dick and Harry to use it. Emergencies aside of course. If I have to use a doctor on holiday in Greece I have to pay the guy before he'll even see me . I then have to claim it back on my insurance, why don't we adopt the same policy

You are talking paranoid rubbish. I have been on holiday in Greece when a friend who became ill. We took him to the local hospital; the treatment was excellent & free. I don't think they even asked to see his card.






The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:47 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29728
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
It's misdirection. The reason the NHS is struggling is because of under-funding not because of hordes of foreign health tourists. Blaming foreigners plays to some people's innate prejudice and allows those really responsible to get off the hook.

You're being had.






"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:08 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15387
Location: Ossett
wotsupcas wrote:If I have to use a doctor on holiday in Greece I have to pay the guy before he'll even see me . I then have to claim it back on my insurance, why don't we adopt the same policy


And this is why we are where we are - when people base their opinions not on fact or reality or their own experience, but on what a Daily Mail columnist wrote, or what Nigel Farage said on Newsnight.

As has been pointed out to you in very simple detail - you're wrong; as an EU citizen, you can walk into a hospital or GP in any member state, and be treated free of charge. Those bloody Europeans - they're so unreasonable!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1233
bren2k wrote:And this is why we are where we are - when people base their opinions not on fact or reality or their own experience, but on what a Daily Mail columnist wrote, or what Nigel Farage said on Newsnight.

As has been pointed out to you in very simple detail - you're wrong; as an EU citizen, you can walk into a hospital or GP in any member state, and be treated free of charge. Those bloody Europeans - they're so unreasonable!

NO you can't.

Broken wrist in France, pay up, clIm back through insurance
Medivac in Spain, pay up, claim tnrough insurance

Stop reading The Mirror, Tne Star for your "facts"

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:53 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 337
bren2k wrote:And this is why we are where we are - when people base their opinions not on fact or reality or their own experience, but on what a Daily Mail columnist wrote, or what Nigel Farage said on Newsnight.

As has been pointed out to you in very simple detail - you're wrong; as an EU citizen, you can walk into a hospital or GP in any member state, and be treated free of charge. Those bloody Europeans - they're so unreasonable!

Had to use the local doctor in nidri on lefkada last year. I had to pay even though I showed him my EU card. Must have been a private practitioner. So I'm not paranoid .. just used the wrong doctor

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:02 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 337
Don't know how to post links but Google Nigerian woman has quads on NHS . I suppose half a million quid is peanuts. We are mugs.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:08 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29728
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
It’s always the same. Those with agendas to keep people from realising they’re being mugged off put out stories that are easily swallowed.

Benefits Street – “the poor are to blame”

Bendy Bananas – “the EU are to blame”

Nigerian woman gives birth – “foreigners bleeding the NHS dry it’s their fault I can’t get treatment”.


You’re being had.

Meanwhile those to blame get away with it.






"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:13 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 1233
Bullseye wrote:It’s always the same. Those with agendas to keep people from realising they’re being mugged off put out stories that are easily swallowed.

Benefits Street – “the poor are to blame”

Bendy Bananas – “the EU are to blame”

Nigerian woman gives birth – “foreigners bleeding the NHS dry it’s their fault I can’t get treatment”.


You’re being had.

Meanwhile those to blame get away with it.

And your agenda. Hating people being right?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:15 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:25 pm
Posts: 337
Bullseye wrote:It’s always the same. Those with agendas to keep people from realising they’re being mugged off put out stories that are easily swallowed.

Benefits Street – “the poor are to blame”

Bendy Bananas – “the EU are to blame”

Nigerian woman gives birth – “foreigners bleeding the NHS dry it’s their fault I can’t get treatment”.


You’re being had.

Meanwhile those to blame get away with it.

I'm not being had. I know the NHS needs more funding,...it always will no matter how much we put in. However people who use the NHS who aren't entitled don't help. As I have said before it's not just the money it's the principle. I think they're cheeky gets.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Right Wing & Rugby league
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:25 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16979
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
wotsupcas wrote:Don't know how to post links but Google Nigerian woman has quads on NHS . I suppose half a million quid is peanuts. We are mugs.

What do you suggest we do to children born 3 months prematurely - throw them out onto the streets?






The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next





It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dally, sally cinnamon and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,008,0951,89577,9834,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
O
F
F
 
Fri 21st Feb :
SL
ST.HELENS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
POSTPONED
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
TORONTO
Fri 21st Feb 20:00
CC2020
LEIGH
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sat 22nd Feb 14:00
SL
SALFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 22nd Feb 14:00
CC2020
SHEFFIELD
v
HALIFAX
Sat 22nd Feb 15:00
CC2020
SWINTON LIONS
v
LEIGH MINERS
Sat 22nd Feb 15:00
CC2020
WORKINGTON TOWN
v
DONCASTER
Sat 22nd Feb 15:00
CC2020
FEATHERSTONE
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sat 22nd Feb 15:00
CC2020
ROCHDALE
v
BRITISH ARMY
Sat 22nd Feb 15:00
CC2020
SIDDAL
v
NEWCASTLE
Sat 22nd Feb 15:00
CC2020
WHITEHAVEN
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sat 22nd Feb 19:45
WCC
ST.HELENS
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Sun 23rd Feb 13:00
CC2020
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HUDDERSFIELD U.R.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)








.