Nov 15 200617 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th May 23 12:2014th Oct 22 13:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:50 am  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
Rugby league is a business like any other in the entertainment world, I would suggest that the Giants crowds are so poor because a lot of people don't feel they get value for their money, and with due respect you were the one who said it was our job, It's not our job , it's our choice whether we want to go or not,

I'm with you. It's a sports entertainment business. If the product is dire I won't be coming. With so many competing entertainment options that's modern life.
Wood1 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain76
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 20185 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Nov 21 21:125th Nov 21 16:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:37 pm  
JJ I fully accept your right to criticise, challenge or contradict what I write. I absolutely object to you criticising what you think I think, that's just plain wrong.

On the subject of our job as 'supporters' I stand by my original post - maybe I should have said our 'role' but the principle remains the same. A person who supports something / somebody should be helping them in whatever way they can, the clue is in the word.

I also accept your wider point about being in the entertainment business and everybody has a right to stop coming to games

I have been reading this forum for a few years now and finally decided to start posting as I thought the forum might benefit from a few positive postings but maybe I got that wrong.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain410
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 14 20167 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Aug 23 09:2929th Jul 23 17:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:31 pm  
most people left this forum wood1 due to the constant attacks on positive posts i was same and signed up after reading for years to try and be a bit other way problem is theres only really 3 or 4 who post on here before there were loads but they all got shoved away over time
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain71No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 06 20186 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Jun 22 12:4614th Sep 21 11:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:04 pm  
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:
most people left this foru[img][img][/img][/img]m wood1 due to the constant attacks on positive posts i was same and signed up after reading for years to try and be a bit other way problem is theres only really 3 or 4 who post on here before there were loads but they all got shoved away over time

And them 3 or 4 could, individually, start an argument in a telephone box with the speaking clock. It's the same with most forum's the "warriors" drive away the rest with their constant negativity. At least our "warriors" are top notch and could teach our Giant's a thing or two about tenacity and keeping going when they know they've lost a cause.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 20 08:496th Sep 19 16:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: Leeds : Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:15 pm  
Grandad 1 wrote:
Away on holidays Popeye, sorry to disappoint you.

going on holiday is not allowed blobby :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1614
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:1927th Mar 24 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:41 pm  
Wood1 wrote:
JJ I fully accept your right to criticise, challenge or contradict what I write. I absolutely object to you criticising what you think I think, that's just plain wrong.

On the subject of our job as 'supporters' I stand by my original post - maybe I should have said our 'role' but the principle remains the same. A person who supports something / somebody should be helping them in whatever way they can, the clue is in the word.

I also accept your wider point about being in the entertainment business and everybody has a right to stop coming to games

I have been reading this forum for a few years now and finally decided to start posting as I thought the forum might benefit from a few positive postings but maybe I got that wrong.

Well i don't see we have a job or a role to play or anything else you care to call it, But i don't dispute your right to feel that's your part to play, Myself i buy my ticket and that's me done as far as helping them goes, Iv'e bought a fair few shirts over the years if that counts but it's up to the team and the club to perform, If they don't then people won't go in any worthwhile numbers Simple as.
If they can't put on a better show than they did against Leeds " a poor side " when they are fighting for their jobs then i don't see how me " getting behind them " is going to make the difference, I would have thought that trying to keep their job and repay Mr Davy a bit would be incentive enough,

When they put on the odd good performance I am as quick as anyone to give them credit, when they play like that i refuse to start making excuses for them, I know they have been unlucky with injuries but so have every other club, but all that said i think the problems start higher than on the field, Otherwise we wouldn't be such a poor side year after year despite frequent changes of coaches and imports.

We can agree to disagree , you have your opinion i have mine , that's what the forum is about
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1614
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:1927th Mar 24 15:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:53 pm  
Grandad 1 wrote:
And them 3 or 4 could, individually, start an argument in a telephone box with the speaking clock. It's the same with most forum's the "warriors" drive away the rest with their constant negativity. At least our "warriors" are top notch and could teach our Giant's a thing or two about tenacity and keeping going when they know they've lost a cause.

Hey up Grand which cause would that be, and i hate that clock :shock:
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years175th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Leeds : Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:24 pm  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
Well i don't see we have a job or a role to play or anything else you care to call it, But i don't dispute your right to feel that's your part to play, Myself i buy my ticket and that's me done as far as helping them goes, Iv'e bought a fair few shirts over the years if that counts but it's up to the team and the club to perform, If they don't then people won't go in any worthwhile numbers Simple as.
If they can't put on a better show than they did against Leeds " a poor side " when they are fighting for their jobs then i don't see how me " getting behind them " is going to make the difference, I would have thought that trying to keep their job and repay Mr Davy a bit would be incentive enough,

When they put on the odd good performance I am as quick as anyone to give them credit, when they play like that i refuse to start making excuses for them, I know they have been unlucky with injuries but so have every other club, but all that said i think the problems start higher than on the field, Otherwise we wouldn't be such a poor side year after year despite frequent changes of coaches and imports.

We can agree to disagree , you have your opinion i have mine , that's what the forum is about

That’s it JJ- most people go to be entertained, there are a handful who will turn up no matter what dross is served up but the majority won’t go if that’s the case.... which is why numbers are falling in recent times.
Take my kids for instance, both three weeks old when they went to their first game, one has been once in the last six games because they don’t feel like they are being entertained and don’t want to go every week to see us lose. They have things to do they find more entertaining to them. The other had been using that spare ticket to bring a mate, who didn’t come Friday as ...guess what....
I imagine just a handful will turn up to Salford, - who’s going to pay £100 for the family to go when they can go to the cinema and a Nando’s instead where they know they will most likely be entertained. And likely the “supporters” will take umbrage with people like that and people like you who may not go, whilst completely missing the irony.
RankPostsTeam
International Star6557
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 12:0422nd Mar 24 13:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 pm  
jools wrote:
That’s it JJ- most people go to be entertained, there are a handful who will turn up no matter what dross is served up but the majority won’t go if that’s the case.... which is why numbers are falling in recent times.
Take my kids for instance, both three weeks old when they went to their first game, one has been once in the last six games because they don’t feel like they are being entertained and don’t want to go every week to see us lose. They have things to do they find more entertaining to them. The other had been using that spare ticket to bring a mate, who didn’t come Friday as ...guess what....
I imagine just a handful will turn up to Salford, - who’s going to pay £100 for the family to go when they can go to the cinema and a Nando’s instead where they know they will most likely be entertained. And likely the “supporters” will take umbrage with people like that and people like you who may not go, whilst completely missing the irony.

Drag em kicking and screaming like I have done over the years, they will resent you for the rest of their lives with the emergence of their beer bellies, and the relentless heartache, but when you have done all this, you will be a man my son. :D
Wood1 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain76
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 20185 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Nov 21 21:125th Nov 21 16:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leeds : Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:30 pm  
Wow! Who'd have thought a simple suggestion that we get behind the lads could cause such controversy.

Obviously positive posts are not appreciated.

JJ you seem a reasonable person so I am happy to agree to differ with you, I didn't come on here for an argument. If I may offer a word of advice perhaps you should confine your comments to what is written and not make judgements about what you think the other person is thinking.

I was seriously considering leaving the forum after this but have decided to try one more time to lift the tone a bit. See the PSP thread.

Cheers
PreviousNext