Post subject: Re: Rochdale game.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:58 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

[Part quote="Greg Florimos Boots"]On paper we had the same team that finished 4th along with what looked like some decent additions not to mention that Leigh did not even finish the season been able to raise 17 players. Yeah the prediction looks bad now but at the time? Where did the pundits place us? Looks like they got it very wrong as well.

See my earlier page 3 post to Charlie which says exactly that.

When Leigh looked well deep in it there were several Fax fans that went on the their board not to rub it in but to do the exact opposite and offer some words of support knowing full well how much it hurts when your club is struggling and I was one of them.

Banter of blasphemy, that is the question and you will get different answers and responses from different people Greg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:14 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

faxcar wrote:[Part quote="Greg Florimos Boots"]On paper we had the same team that finished 4th along with what looked like some decent additions not to mention that Leigh did not even finish the season been able to raise 17 players. Yeah the prediction looks bad now but at the time? Where did the pundits place us? Looks like they got it very wrong as well.

See my earlier page 3 post to Charlie which says exactly that.

When Leigh looked well deep in it there were several Fax fans that went on the their board not to rub it in but to do the exact opposite and offer some words of support knowing full well how much it hurts when your club is struggling and I was one of them.

Banter of blasphemy, that is the question and you will get different answers and responses from different people Greg.

Let’s be fair, Fax are far from the dark place we were in last November, only having one player on board,I agree we had plenty of words of support, mainly from Bradford fans though,and we had BFG telling us how Derek had put us in this situation.Again Fax are not in this situation,read your own 20 pages on Bradford 2020 some seem to revel in their current position.
For me Bradford offer RL so much.Have a good week end. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:49 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:Let’s be fair, Fax are far from the dark place we were in last November, only having one player on board,I agree we had plenty of words of support, mainly from Bradford fans though,and we had BFG telling us how Derek had put us in this situation.Again Fax are not in this situation,read your own 20 pages on Bradford 2020 some seem to revel in their current position.
For me Bradford offer RL so much.Have a good week end. :thumb:

Haven’t read the Bradford thread and aren’t going to, not my style, my names not in there.

GFB has already explained that his prediction was based on the “ Dark Place” Leigh were in at the time in comparison with Fax, would you have predicted anything different?

Why were Leigh in that position?
Was it not because DB publicly stated that it was unsustainable for him to keep plowing the money into the club so he was walking away?

Why are we even talking about Leigh on both the Rochdale, New signings and other threads on the Fax forum?
Let’s be fair, your the one doing the hi jacking purely so you can get back at GFB and stick it to the rest of us in the process, the reaction is unprecedented.

You’ll have to start a separate grievance thread otherwise it will never end. :BOOHOO:

It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com