Jun 12 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Sep 19 21:4014th Sep 19 21:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

FRIDAY THE 13TH : Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:45 pm  
It's going to be a cracking evening (Morning here) of edge of your seat stuff, so let's hope that both the powers that be, the clubs and SKY flog the 'arris out of it this week.
Before the main feast, we have the starter of Castleford at Wigan, with both sides desperately in need of the points to secure a decent play-off spot or even just a play-off spot. WIGAN

The The Main Course 5 dish detestation menu.

HKR travel to Salford. HKR win they are safe, whilst Salford (depending on the Pies/Cas result) may well be secure in the Top 5. That sad, Salford may also still be with in touching distance of 2nd and will be looking to get a big win to overtake Wire's +/- SALFORD

St Helens travel to FC, who like the side most likely to miss out on the 5, but they have shown that they can play well, so a lot may depend on the side that St Helens stick on the coach. ST HELENS

Warrington travel to Leeds knowing that a big win will get them 3rd ( or even 2nd (depending on the Pies/Cas result), whilst Leeds will want to put on a decent show for their fans, who have suffered this year but who have still made them the #1 supported club this year. WARRINGTON

London travel to Wakefield, knowing a win makes them safe, which in itself is a fantastic position for a team tipped to won no games all year to be in. Wakefield are a different proposition to the side already beaten twice by London this year and whilst me heart want London, the head says WAKEFIELD

Huddersfield host a Dragons side that gave up a month ago and will be aware that they have a 60 points +/- buffer over London, but they will need to stop Catalan from bullying them early. HUDDERSFIELD

So, if I am right, London go down on points difference with HKR saved by the bell. 20 Points, is I believe the highest points tally for any team relegated or finishing last and if we do go down, I'd still have Danny Ward as coach of the year for 2019.

This has been a great season so far and it's looking like the competition is just about where it needs to be structure wise. The addition of the Reserve grade next year will hopefully not impact too much on the championship in 2020, with more academy kids who drift from the game being given chances in the championship, which in itself (Manchester Merc aside) been a pretty close affair too.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 16:0828th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am  
Call Me God wrote:
It's going to be a cracking evening (Morning here) of edge of your seat stuff, so let's hope that both the powers that be, the clubs and SKY flog the 'arris out of it this week.
Before the main feast, we have the starter of Castleford at Wigan, with both sides desperately in need of the points to secure a decent play-off spot or even just a play-off spot. WIGAN

HKR travel to Salford. HKR win they are safe, whilst Salford (depending on the Pies/Cas result) may well be secure in the Top 5. That sad, Salford may also still be with in touching distance of 2nd and will be looking to get a big win to overtake Wire's +/- SALFORD

St Helens travel to FC, who like the side most likely to miss out on the 5, but they have shown that they can play well, so a lot may depend on the side that St Helens stick on the coach. ST HELENS

Warrington travel to Leeds knowing that a big win will get them 3rd ( or even 2nd (depending on the Pies/Cas result), whilst Leeds will want to put on a decent show for their fans, who have suffered this year but who have still made them the #1 supported club this year. WARRINGTON

London travel to Wakefield, knowing a win makes them safe, which in itself is a fantastic position for a team tipped to won no games all year to be in. Wakefield are a different proposition to the side already beaten twice by London this year and whilst me heart want London, the head says WAKEFIELD

Huddersfield host a Dragons side that gave up a month ago and will be aware that they have a 60 points +/- buffer over London, but they will need to stop Catalan from bullying them early. HUDDERSFIELD

So, if I am right, London go down on points difference with HKR saved by the bell. 20 Points, is I believe the highest points tally for any team relegated or finishing last and if we do go down, I'd still have Danny Ward as coach of the year for 2019.

This has been a great season so far and it's looking like the competition is just about where it needs to be structure wise. The addition of the Reserve grade next year will hopefully not impact too much on the championship in 2020, with more academy kids who drift from the game being given chances in the championship, which in itself (Manchester Merc aside) been a pretty close affair too.

Cant disagree with much of that but, London will definitely fancy their chances of making it 3/3 against Trinity and I think it may be Wakefield that are saved on points difference.
Mind you, I prefer your prediction :D
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 21 200321 years267th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Jul 23 00:593rd Jun 23 23:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings"..

Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)

The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)

One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:29 am  
Call Me God wrote:
I'd still have Danny Ward as coach of the year for 2019.

I think he would be in the running worked wonders, but there's someone else who has pretty much done the impossible this season and his team were predicted to be next to you second bottom, however going into the last game he has the chance of finishing second top or 3/4 whilst having a tiny squad losing players and coaching staff during the season and with almost half the spend of the others around him.

Both been reconised with GB call ups and both their stock must be very high ATM.

As for your predictions I agree however obviously I'd like Cas/Leeds wins.
bren2k 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 20 12:495th May 20 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:48 am  
Call Me God wrote:

That's a fair summary - although like lots of WT fans, I think we'll be saved by Salford, rather than by our own efforts against London; I think you have the beating of us.

With regard to Danny Ward - I agree he's significantly over-delivered based on the predictions of virtually every pundit and fan - but I think Ian Watson pips him for coach of the year; after everything they've been through, to be in the position they're in and playing some really entertaining rugby, is nothing short of a miracle.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years45th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 16:0828th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:17 pm  
bren2k wrote:
That's a fair summary - although like lots of WT fans, I think we'll be saved by Salford, rather than by our own efforts against London; I think you have the beating of us.

With regard to Danny Ward - I agree he's significantly over-delivered based on the predictions of virtually every pundit and fan - but I think Ian Watson pips him for coach of the year; after everything they've been through, to be in the position they're in and playing some really entertaining rugby, is nothing short of a miracle.

If London were to survive in SL, it would be one hell of an achievement by Ward.
However, should Salford get anywhere close to the GF, arguably Watson would have surpassed Ward's unbelievable feat.

Maybe in this scenario, the award should be shared. Mind you, in context, a top coach gong would be nothing at the side of what each of these blokes has done for their respective clubs.

Let's see just what Friday brings. It's certainly THE tightest ever finish to a SL season and all without the contrived 3 x 8 structure !
acko 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 15 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Feb 24 22:194th Nov 23 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We are TRINITY's barmy army.

SWFC the owls are coming for you

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:48 am  
Could/Should Sky show all games on Friday night using the red button thing it would be a good thing for all the neutrals, But thinking about it now sky won't get that many watching it live i suppose due to all the fans of the respective clubs being at their own game.

But differently squeaky bum time for all of us involved.

Up The Trin
RankPostsTeam
International Star5122
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 07 201113 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 10:336th Oct 23 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:03 am  
London to beat Wakey.
Hudds to beat Le Dracs.
Salford to beat HKR.

HKR relegated unfortunately IMO. :( :( :(
IR80 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 24 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 20 02:4026th Aug 20 00:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:10 am  
Tigerade wrote:
London to beat Wakey.
Hudds to beat Le Dracs.
Salford to beat HKR.

HKR relegated unfortunately IMO. :( :( :(

More likely Wakefield out of them and KR.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5122
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 07 201113 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 10:336th Oct 23 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:33 am  
IR80 wrote:
More likely Wakefield out of them and KR.

No - Wakey would survive on points diff.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20 20185 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Sep 19 12:1512th Sep 19 20:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL

Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH : Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:50 am  
Holbrook will be coach of the year by a landslide
Next