JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 10 20195 years310th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Sep 23 20:4118th Jun 23 17:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:29 pm  
Over recent time there has been more and more posts on both RL Fans Warrington and Saints RedVee from members showing their dislike for both teams, clubs even the towns and people.
Nothing wrong with banter and everyone is entitled to opinion but sometimes posts go OTT in my view.

This has got me thinking why such dislike.

Yesterday I was talking to a mate of my mine who is a decent Saints fan (and before somedody shouts - yes there are many decent saints fans) and I asked him why is their such dislike of the wire.
He told me that Saints fans now dislike Wire as a club more than their bitterest rivals Wigan. Why I asked. Answer "Wire don't focus and give youth a chance. At least Wigan do". I pushed him on this and he went on to say Wire sooner buy players from other clubs at the expense of giving youth a chance. To be fair he has a point. Latest posts past days "Buy Eddy Battye" comes to mind. Similar points in other posts re getting other players (props - Fifita, Watts etc).

I asked him if the fact wire have money men running the club having the funds to buy players is the issue and is it jealousy? Answer was a sound "no".

Thoughts on this welcomed but also what are wire reasons for dislike of Saints and other clubs?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16971
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200816 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:0218th Apr 24 15:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Packs Win Games
Great Packs Make All Backs Look Class
#onceawirealwaysawire

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm  
It's just banter pal. Nobody got hurt.
Chill out.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4199
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 28 200717 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Apr 24 05:1913th Apr 24 05:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 pm  
Grandtour wrote:
Over recent time there has been more and more posts on both RL Fans Warrington and Saints RedVee from members showing their dislike for both teams, clubs even the towns and people.
Nothing wrong with banter and everyone is entitled to opinion but sometimes posts go OTT in my view.

Yesterday I was talking to a mate of my mine who is a decent Saints fan (and before somedody shouts - yes there are many decent saints fans) and I asked him why is their such dislike of the wire.
He told me that Saints fans now dislike Wire as a club more than their bitterest rivals Wigan. Why I asked. Answer "Wire don't focus and give youth a chance. At least Wigan do". I pushed him on this and he went on to say Wire sooner buy players from other clubs at the expense of giving youth a chance. To be fair he has a point. Latest posts past days "Buy Eddy Battye" comes to mind. Similar points in other posts re getting other players (props - Fifita, Watts etc).

I asked him if the fact wire have money men running the club having the funds to buy players is the issue and is it jealousy? Answer was a sound "no".

Thoughts on this welcomed but also what are wire reasons for dislike of Saints and other clubs?

All the above is from one person only. The rest of us have a bit more intelligence.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4201No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 20186 years23rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 12:3917th Apr 24 17:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:57 pm  
Grandtour wrote:

We'll this post won't change a great deal, as it's just perceptions fueled by bias and jealousy, on both sides, that cause the dislike of each other.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 01 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 19 18:4517th Nov 19 18:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:04 pm  
Saints are the worst set of fans for belittling Wire about how much we’ve won or how long it is since we won a Grand Final. They’re miles worse than Wigan and Wigan have won more than Saints.

They’re the fans who started the “it’s always your year” chant. They have a “64 years” chant.

What makes me laugh about that is that even in our 64 years since winning the 1955 Grand Final at Maine Road we’ve won a hell of a lot more than Saints did in their first 80 years as a club, by the time Broughton Rangers folded in the 1950s they’d been more successful than Saints. Saints were absolute nobodies for eight decades.

What doesn’t help on here as well is that that Saints poster who posts under two Saints’ fan usernames (Ruune and ASLOB) contributes the most bitter nonsense on this website.

There are some decent Saints posters on this site and they came on to congratulate us on the weekend of the CC Final.

As for not giving youth a chance; Saints’ best team in the SL era (2006) had the exact same number of their own youth products playing in their first team as Wire have now. They bought all the rest and won All Four Cups with all those bought players and the odd home grown. So while it’s alright for them, it’s not for us? Good logic!

I agree that Wire need to be bringing through more home grown players but it’s an odd thing to be picking us up on, when at their best they were in the same ratio as us now.

As for the rivalry; I think it’s healthy for the sport to have fierce rivals. And after years of them beating us home and away - in some circumstances with killer last minute tries or drop goals - and then us getting the better of them in big games this decade... bring it on I say and let’s have more of it!
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16971
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200816 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Packs Win Games
#onceawirealwaysawire

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:15 pm  
In another time we'd have won the GF but for it to replace the Premiership we won not too far ahead of the rebrand.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator39352
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years13th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 19:4518th Apr 24 12:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:31 pm  
Grandtour wrote:

Ask him how many juniors saints had in their team when they won their first superleague title, im sure paul newlove(record transfer fee), scott gibbs, karle hammond, bobbie goulding, vila matatutia, adam fogerty, alan hunte, phil veivers, apollo perelini and derek mcvey all say bockle,and wurr.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13570
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years10th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:1818th Apr 24 14:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:53 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
Ask him how many juniors saints had in their team when they won their first superleague title, im sure paul newlove(record transfer fee), scott gibbs, karle hammond, bobbie goulding, vila matatutia, adam fogerty, alan hunte, phil veivers, apollo perelini and derek mcvey all say bockle,and wurr.

How far back are you going?
RankPostsTeam
International Star3084No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 29 201212 years19th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Oct 23 18:501st Oct 23 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:01 pm  
FMP point is a valid one. If Saints still had money to apend, they'd spend it.

We spent money pre 2009 and they barely acknowledged our existence, but since we started to accumulate silverware the dialike has grown.

We're a threat, it's a compliment.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16971
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200816 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Packs Win Games
#onceawirealwaysawire

Re: Saints and Wire Dislike : Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:22 pm  
They don't like it up em
Next

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 8
kaybenbull
6m
RD 8 Huddersfield Giants H
leeds owl
6m
Ticketmaster update