JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 12 20158 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jan 24 07:1622nd Jan 24 19:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington attendance : Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:43 am  
Credit that amazing Salford support I really don’t know what the attendance would have been without them,lots of empty spaces around me in the east stand,such as shame it was a hell of a game
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 18:3927th Mar 24 22:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Warrington attendance : Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:01 am  
hengirl wrote:
Credit that amazing Salford support I really don’t know what the attendance would have been without them,lots of empty spaces around me in the east stand,such as shame it was a hell of a game

About 7100
As they brought 2113
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

Re: Warrington attendance : Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:02 am  
sergeant pepper wrote:
Completely get your point, but at the same time - how about running tonight as a lost lead? It was a poor standard, but a good game.

It's not hard to imagine that in two weeks we might see a repeat of the match. If, and it's a big if, there's any neutrals left out there then tonight might have lured them in and we could have milked it in 2 weeks.

It's an RFL event
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Warrington attendance : Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:13 am  
muttywhitedog wrote:
I thought that playoff games were a RFL event, where prices were set by the RFL and clubs had no say. That would explain why both Warrington and Wigan ST holders received the same £5 discounts - did Cas & Salford ST holders also receive a discount? The clubs' hands are tied when pricing these fixtures.

That said, which looks better on TV? 9000 in a 25,000 seat stadium generating £X or 18,000 in a 25,000 seat stadium also generating the same revenue because ticket prices are halved? The RFL need to speculate to accumulate, otherwise you will continue to get 33% full stadiums for these supposedly "massive" games.

Correct in the 1st part, it is an RFL event

The size of the stadium is almost irrelevant
I dont get peoples obsession with full stadium I.e. they'd rather see 10k in a 10k stadium than 17k in a 25k stadium. I wouldn't
37% full stadium is only slightly down in regular season 40% full stadium.
What's changed in 15 years when Wigan v wakey attracted 14/15k?

Giving free tickets, reducing tickets by half isnt the answer.
Improving the quality, improving the experience and marketting it better IS part of the answer (along with other things I've mentioned before also).

One question I would have linked to ticketing.
Why cant they "Acticate my seasib ticket Card" if I pay online or ring up and pay.

I guess that ita something to do with the outdated card reader systems on the turnstiles.
But if it knows I've bought that card for the season, then it could be set up so anyone who "opts in" for play off games or rings up/pays online e could have their card activated for play off games?

Anyway, I thought it was a real good effort from Salford, a decent effort from Wigan.
We/RFL just need to focus in making games more attractive in general.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Warrington attendance : Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:03 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
Correct in the 1st part, it is an RFL event

The size of the stadium is almost irrelevant
I dont get peoples obsession with full stadium I.e. they'd rather see 10k in a 10k stadium than 17k in a 25k stadium. I wouldn't
37% full stadium is only slightly down in regular season 40% full stadium.
What's changed in 15 years when Wigan v wakey attracted 14/15k?

Giving free tickets, reducing tickets by half isnt the answer.
Improving the quality, improving the experience and marketting it better IS part of the answer (along with other things I've mentioned before also).

One question I would have linked to ticketing.
Why cant they "Acticate my seasib ticket Card" if I pay online or ring up and pay.

I guess that ita something to do with the outdated card reader systems on the turnstiles.
But if it knows I've bought that card for the season, then it could be set up so anyone who "opts in" for play off games or rings up/pays online e could have their card activated for play off games?

Anyway, I thought it was a real good effort from Salford, a decent effort from Wigan.
We/RFL just need to focus in making games more attractive in general.

Just stumbled on this from the Leeds forum.

"As a senior citizen (coffin dodger) I've got the best seat in the stadium in the north stand. I go to most away games so also get the benefit of a free travel which is now £15/16 . I get to watch at the best stadium in rugby league, with the best pre match entertainment and the best food choice in the game. 
This costs me £320 per season. So, if I take off the £15 travel voucher a net cost of £305. For 14 home games the cost per game comes to £21.78. Fabulous value in this day and less than, say, 2 packs of fags."

Last year I was getting a lecture from Leeds fans saying £30/35 per ticket was the way to go.
Now even though I've argued that we shouldn't be reducing ticket prices en masse we shouldn't also be going to high the other way

£315 at Leeds sidelines for an OAP
£155 in East stand at Wigan for an OAP

I'm a Full Adult and mine is £230ish
Its 320 in the wings and 400 for centre at Leeds!

Outstanding value at Wigan!!! And told IFL so on Monday.
(PS) the guy who was complaining about south stand prices for college age kids was talking rubbish.
You dont go from 25 to full price
My lad sits in east and is at college and his is still 35 until hes 18 and then gets student.
It reduced to 35 for u18s 2 years ago and is another example of Wigan reducing tickets to encourage youngsters and should be applauded.

No freebies at Leeds for u8s
Juniors u12 pay £50 to stand up and between 100 and 180 to sit down!
12-16 is 60 to stand and 120 to 180 to sit

At Wigan there nearly all 35 up to 18 I think and theres a Student from 18-21 which is cheaper than nearly all u12s seat tickets at Leeds !!!!
I did a similar check against saints 18 months ago before the 2018 season and saints were cheaper than Leeds, but Wigan were still cheaper.
People should be telling all their friends and family about this, telling them how good value they are and promoting the club.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1227
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 12 20158 years287th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jan 24 07:1622nd Jan 24 19:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington attendance : Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:09 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
About 7100
As they brought 2113

It looked far more than that frankly.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29166
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 18:2627th Mar 24 12:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington attendance : Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:15 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
Just stumbled on this from the Leeds forum.

"As a senior citizen (coffin dodger) I've got the best seat in the stadium in the north stand. I go to most away games so also get the benefit of a free travel which is now £15/16 . I get to watch at the best stadium in rugby league, with the best pre match entertainment and the best food choice in the game. 
This costs me £320 per season. So, if I take off the £15 travel voucher a net cost of £305. For 14 home games the cost per game comes to £21.78. Fabulous value in this day and less than, say, 2 packs of fags."

Last year I was getting a lecture from Leeds fans saying £30/35 per ticket was the way to go.
Now even though I've argued that we shouldn't be reducing ticket prices en masse we shouldn't also be going to high the other way

£315 at Leeds sidelines for an OAP
£155 in East stand at Wigan for an OAP

I'm a Full Adult and mine is £230ish
Its 320 in the wings and 400 for centre at Leeds!

Outstanding value at Wigan!!! And told IFL so on Monday.
(PS) the guy who was complaining about south stand prices for college age kids was talking rubbish.
You dont go from 25 to full price
My lad sits in east and is at college and his is still 35 until hes 18 and then gets student.
It reduced to 35 for u18s 2 years ago and is another example of Wigan reducing tickets to encourage youngsters and should be applauded.

No freebies at Leeds for u8s
Juniors u12 pay £50 to stand up and between 100 and 180 to sit down!
12-16 is 60 to stand and 120 to 180 to sit

At Wigan there nearly all 35 up to 18 I think and theres a Student from 18-21 which is cheaper than nearly all u12s seat tickets at Leeds !!!!
I did a similar check against saints 18 months ago before the 2018 season and saints were cheaper than Leeds, but Wigan were still cheaper.
People should be telling all their friends and family about this, telling them how good value they are and promoting the club.

I thought that guys claims didn’t make sense, you’d have thought somebody from the club would’ve corrected him though.

If we don’t get 10,000+ season ticket holders with free season tickets for u8’s next year then we’re not doing enough as a club. I didn’t get chance to ask on Monday what the club do with the amateur rugby clubs to get the youngsters in. There should be no reason why players at u8’s and below shouldn’t have a season ticket. If they’re free give every club in the borough enough to cover those age groups and offer reduced rates for parents/club volunteers to bring groups down.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Warrington attendance : Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:38 pm  
hengirl wrote:
It looked far more than that frankly.

I thought it looked about that (first 10/15 rows cordowns off with flags take 1000 plus seats it the equation before you start).
That number is as guaranteed as can be, straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

I wish every team brought that on average.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7718
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Warrington attendance : Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:49 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
I thought that guys claims didn’t make sense, you’d have thought somebody from the club would’ve corrected him though.

If we don’t get 10,000+ season ticket holders with free season tickets for u8’s next year then we’re not doing enough as a club. I didn’t get chance to ask on Monday what the club do with the amateur rugby clubs to get the youngsters in. There should be no reason why players at u8’s and below shouldn’t have a season ticket. If they’re free give every club in the borough enough to cover those age groups and offer reduced rates for parents/club volunteers to bring groups down.

I spoke to both the ticket office manager and our commercial guy after and both of them said it wasnt correct.
But they cant get involved to such detail in front of everyone as it just escalates, so they explained everything after direct to him.

I get what your saying about giving tickets away, but if they did how could they guarantee there would be space.
If theres 2k season ticket holders already and they give 3k away to junior clubs etc what do they do for walk up speccies? The family that come along with them?
They could be turning people away and then left with 2.5k seats left inside.

I wouldn't also give reduced tickets away to parents etc. Who come along with them.
Say you give them away at £15 a ticket.
Why would I buy a season ticket? I'd just get someone to get me a cheaper ticket off the back of the free season ticket for the junior who then doesn't go anyway.

I'm not against targeting a club per game.
I.e. this week its shevi sharks and they get 50 free kids tickets with 50 at a tenner each.
But it has to be controlled.

This is about growing revenue not reducing it and it's a fine balancing act.

From a quick chat with the main man afterwards it basically equates 1000 speccies to around 200k +
We need to focus on getting 2k more speccies at the prices were paying now, not reducing them any further.
Free u8s
Cheaper kids tickets in East stand to align with south stand prices
Kids proces extended to 18
18-21 student prices not increased or even reduced for 3to5 years.

I dont think the club can do much more proce wise as all the above will come off our revenue BEFORE we talk about increasing revenue.

We need to focus less on cost being the issue.

Because if cost is an issue, and I appreciate it can be, and we tailor our business to that level then we are going to lose more from our existing fan base than we bring in from any new recruits
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29166
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 18:2627th Mar 24 12:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Warrington attendance : Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
I spoke to both the ticket office manager and our commercial guy after and both of them said it wasnt correct.
But they cant get involved to such detail in front of everyone as it just escalates, so they explained everything after direct to him.

I get what your saying about giving tickets away, but if they did how could they guarantee there would be space.
If theres 2k season ticket holders already and they give 3k away to junior clubs etc what do they do for walk up speccies? The family that come along with them?
They could be turning people away and then left with 2.5k seats left inside.

I wouldn't also give reduced tickets away to parents etc. Who come along with them.
Say you give them away at £15 a ticket.
Why would I buy a season ticket? I'd just get someone to get me a cheaper ticket off the back of the free season ticket for the junior who then doesn't go anyway.

I'm not against targeting a club per game.
I.e. this week its shevi sharks and they get 50 free kids tickets with 50 at a tenner each.
But it has to be controlled.

This is about growing revenue not reducing it and it's a fine balancing act.

From a quick chat with the main man afterwards it basically equates 1000 speccies to around 200k +
We need to focus on getting 2k more speccies at the prices were paying now, not reducing them any further.
Free u8s
Cheaper kids tickets in East stand to align with south stand prices
Kids proces extended to 18
18-21 student prices not increased or even reduced for 3to5 years.

I dont think the club can do much more proce wise as all the above will come off our revenue BEFORE we talk about increasing revenue.

We need to focus less on cost being the issue.

Because if cost is an issue, and I appreciate it can be, and we tailor our business to that level then we are going to lose more from our existing fan base than we bring in from any new recruits

We’ve plenty of space to fill but you’re right, the strategy is probably wrong. The point stands that we should be pushing hard via amateur teams IMO. There’s dozens of kids in each club who have a big interest in the game and the Wigan players should be their idols. A guy like Hastings has been brilliant in the community at Salford and the likes of he, George Burgess, Morgan Smithies and co should be wheeled around amateur clubs and schools for that matter to push the message and get the kids interested.

I do feel a buzz about next year that’s not been there for a while. I’ve commented enough on here about wanting to see Lenagan back us or look to sell the club and he’s done that in a big way and that’s brilliant. I’ve not had a season ticket for a good few years because I tend to miss 3 or 4 games a year due to holidays and work but I’m getting one next year as I feel obliged to back the investment. My father is also getting his first one in years and we’ll get season tickets for my 7 year daughter and nephew. I’m sure there’s plenty more in that boat but the big wins will be the stay aways. I’ve got mates who used to go regularly but now spend their money in the pub instead. I hope guys like those feel motivated to get down to a few games.
PreviousNext