JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 20177 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 10:185th Aug 23 18:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
I can assure you the 16s will be under more scrutiny next year. They are going to watched like hawks every single day by the hierarchy. Every training session never mind every game.

With regards to the 19s under Rob this year they would've won the grand final in my opinion had players not being loaned out, injured and moved up. Rob was left with hardly any of his players for half a season so not fair to judge.

Time will tell Marty let’s see what happens but when I spoke to
Senior figure at the club at the weekend it’s the 19s they are far more concerned with believe me . Using the excuse of not having loan players has fallen on deaf ears . I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong but let’s see what happens over the coming months for the 19s and 16s . If you think that Cook and Fox would put the 16s under pressure your blinded by your friendship towards them both? Not only me that think the 16s coaching is far superior to the 19s scroll back pages .
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 22 08:103rd May 22 22:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

tomtom84 wrote:
Time will tell Marty let’s see what happens but when I spoke to
Senior figure at the club at the weekend it’s the 19s they are far more concerned with believe me . Using the excuse of not having loan players has fallen on deaf ears . I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong but let’s see what happens over the coming months for the 19s and 16s . If you think that Cook and Fox would put the 16s under pressure your blinded by your friendship towards them both? Not only me that think the 16s coaching is far superior to the 19s scroll back pages .

In truth I hardly know Steve Fox and Cook other than to say hi to but the coaching isn't the reason the 16s will be more scrutinised than the 18s next year.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain82No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 20177 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Marty Grrrrrrrrrr!"]In truth I hardly know Steve Fox and Cook other than to say hi to but the coaching isn't the reason the 16s will be more scrutinised than the 18s next year.[/

Ah the old cryptic message . Let’s see what happens over the next few months Marty that will put all this to bed from what I was told .
Gotcha 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Oct 23 18:192nd Nov 20 15:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

Scrimshaw has gone also. He is coaching Siddal next year.

I know it was said the club thought none of the released should be anywhere near professional clubs and certainly on nowhere near the money they was on at the club.

The scholarship and U16s will be under a lot more scrutiny next year from the powers that be that's a certainty.

Don't fully understand the view on Fox and Cook to be honest. They have been there a few years now. Surely someone could have realised long before now if they were not up to it. I know Fox from working with Oulton previously, as does Seth, and I would certainly disagree with anyone questioning his ability, because he was always a damn good coach from what I saw. Of course that doesn't make him professional club standard. I would suggest it possibly might be more to do with the apparent dry up of talent coming through the Oulton club over last couple of years, and therefore no need for the influence.

Scrimshaw was only really ever took on to form that partnership with the Siddal club to try and get the best players at the club. As I said the other year when they took him on, it was a shame their number one target throughout it all was missed out on.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain82No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 20177 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Think you have hit the nail on the head Gotcha I don’t know or care about Fox and cook?? they have gone but for Marty to say it puts the 16s under the pump for me is way off ?? I’m told fox and cook should have been removed years back but because both were ‘in' with people at the club they stayed .Kevs come in will have observed at all levels and he’s made the decision he has regarding both their futures at the club i think that puts within all doubt that they weren't good enough to coach in a professional environment. (We must speak to different people at Oulton in ref to mr Fox’s coaching ability) but it’s done they have gone by due diligence I’d like to think Kev and the club would do things correctly and im sure if Butterill wasn't good enough he would have gone? . Scrimshaw was in to get Holroyd not smithies . 72 tackles is brilliant really is but didn’t he only make something like 34 meters in 14 carries? Great player though but you can’t always get them all(and would he have developed in our current first team and academy set up?) . Big off season at all levels I’m sure the he said she said will die down shortly once announcements are made .
Last edited by tomtom84 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gotcha 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Oct 23 18:192nd Nov 20 15:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

tomtom84 wrote:
Think you have hit the nail on the head Gotcha I don’t know or care about fox and cook they have gone but for Marty to say it puts the 16s under the pump (alongside sir kevs lad being on board) for me is way off ?? I’m told fox and cook should have been removed years back but because both we in with people at the club they stayed .kevs come in will have watched and he’s made the decision he has and I’m told he will be making a few changes more before the season starts but none are at 16s level . We must speak to different people at Oulton in ref to mr Fox’s coaching ability but it’s done they have gone by due diligence I’d like to think Kev and the club would do things correctly . Scrimshaw was in to get Holroyd not smithies . 72 tackles is all well and good but didn’t he only make something like 34 meters in 14 carries? Great player though but you can’t always get them all . Big off season at all levels I’m sure the he said she said will die down shortly once announcements are made .

Seth on here would be the best to comment on coaching ability, and especially on Fox. To be honest never understand why a professional club never made a move for Seth, no kidding probably the best coach I saw at junior level.

I can assure you with absolute complete confidence that Leeds number one target a few years back was Smithies. They wanted Holroyd aswell, but Smithies was way above the rest in that Siddall team. He was always going to be a superstar. The same thing happened with the Kippax lot they went for, and number one target was Longstaff who again Wigan beat us to. Unfortunately for that lad, and only time will tell, but he then made the mistake of falling for Warringtons money and turned his back on Wigan. See what happens there.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain82No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 20177 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Gotcha wrote:
Seth on here would be the best to comment on coaching ability, and especially on Fox. To be honest never understand why a professional club never made a move for Seth, no kidding probably the best coach I saw at junior level.

I can assure you with absolute complete confidence that Leeds number one target a few years back was Smithies. They wanted Holroyd aswell, but Smithies was way above the rest in that Siddall team. He was always going to be a superstar. The same thing happened with the Kippax lot they went for, and number one target was Longstaff who again Wigan beat us to. Unfortunately for that lad, and only time will tell, but he then made the mistake of falling for Warringtons money and turned his back on Wigan. See what happens there.

You probably know better than me Gotcha i stand on a hill speaking to current and ex players /parents and the odd current staff. Rate smithies but i also rate Holroyd and at this present time you would say Wigan got the better deal. marathon not a sprint though and im sure if big Tom can stay injury free he will be aware of the publicity Morgan is gaining and be looking to get a slice of it himself. Big year for him if they can get his development right. (key for me in all of this at academy level the word development because i dont think its being done right) time will tell. Good chat great we all have so many takes on the subject.
Seth 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 200420 years6th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:4826th Mar 24 20:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Gotcha wrote:

Always nice to hear such comments thanks Gotcha.

Steve’s a good coach, and a great bloke, he always created a good professional rapport with his players and the one thing that was always apparent is his keenness to learn. He seemed to always ‘fit’ with the hierarchy at Leeds which is why I’m surprised. On Dan, I knew him a lot of years ago through working at his school and Leeds SA, he’s been involved for many years, again great guy but know little of his coaching in recent years.

I entered the world of coaching initially to develop the career I have and though I spent many years being involved in the Service Area, scholarships (including Rhinos 14s school of excellence as it was for a year) and Yorkshire, I never felt that I fitted with the hierarchy that was in place back then. I did have a tentative conversation about getting involved again a number of years ago but my passion was with grass roots (where I feel it’s needed most) and my team at Oulton.

The environment at Leeds never quite sat well with me, many seemed to enjoy the kudos of wearing the badge and the ego that brought a little too much, I couldn’t care for all that personally.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3615
JoinedServiceReputation
May 19 20168 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 22 08:103rd May 22 22:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

At no point have i said that because Fox, Cook and Scrimshaw have gone will the scholarship be under more scrutiny as TomTom claims however due to the fact that Sinfield will be watching most training sessions and matches of the 16s its fair to expect thar team will come under more scrutiny.

With regards to Steve Fox he always came across as a nice guy and as been around the club awhile but for sone reason i akways assumed he was involved on a voluntary basis. My comment waa based on what i have been told.

Be interesting to see if any coaches come in to replace the departing coaches.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain82No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 11 20177 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

At no point have i said that because Fox, Cook and Scrimshaw have gone will the scholarship be under more scrutiny as TomTom claims however due to the fact that Sinfield will be watching most training sessions and matches of the 16s its fair to expect thar team will come under more scrutiny.

With regards to Steve Fox he always came across as a nice guy and as been around the club awhile but for sone reason i akways assumed he was involved on a voluntary basis. My comment waa based on what i have been told.

Be interesting to see if any coaches come in to replace the departing coaches.

I’m sure it will all work out Marty like I posted earlier I’m sure the club will have spent this season watching and making decisions on players coaches and the programs . Slowly decisions are being made by the the hierarchy . I can only comment on Mr Fox and Mr Cooks coaching ability based on the people I spoke to about their release all of which were not overly complimentary, that aside those people are not the ones that decided their fate. I for one like you look forward to seeing who comes in,whoever it is the club feel it’s an improvement on the departed. Just like with the first team we as fans have to trust their judgement . Everyone will be under scrutiny Marty that’s the nature of working in professional sport and might be something that the club has lacked during the last 4-5 years?
PreviousNext