WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Rumours and signings v9

Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:04 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5973
Edinburgh Warrior wrote:
Bullock has plenty potential but he needs a very big pre season to impress Lam especially with all the competition for prop places. Needs to cut out all the penalties and improve his defence . Rumour has it (i read this somewhere) that Lam is not impressed with his attitude in training nor his timekeeping . Time will tell .

Regards EW


I’ve heard that as well. For anyone that’s listened to the Take Flight podcast with Shaun Wane (highly recommend if you haven’t!), you’ll know that this type of behaviour under Wane would see you released. I like Bullock, he has bags of potential but a poor attitude we can’t afford nor want at this club.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:02 am  

Ohdear wrote:
Ohdear Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:26 am
Posts: 12
100% Warrior wrote:
I’ve heard that as well. For anyone that’s listened to the Take Flight podcast with Shaun Wane (highly recommend if you haven’t!), you’ll know that this type of behaviour under Wane would see you released. I like Bullock, he has bags of potential but a poor attitude we can’t afford nor want at this club.


Isn’t that what happened to the Leigh prop we signed - Sam hopkins? He was good but time keeping and burger munching was more his thing. So off he went.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:20 am  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6347
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Ohdear wrote:
Isn’t that what happened to the Leigh prop we signed - Sam hopkins? He was good but time keeping and burger munching was more his thing. So off he went.


Pretty much yes
And his antics st Leigh at times were the same (but you can half get away with it st that level at times).
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5973
Ohdear wrote:
Isn’t that what happened to the Leigh prop we signed - Sam hopkins? He was good but time keeping and burger munching was more his thing. So off he went.


So I heard yes. It’s a shame really, he was promising. Just a shame his attitude didn’t match.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:45 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14460
The idea that a hard-running prop would be released at present is a bit laughable.

I see the bigger picture and I know what people are saying, but a hard trainer and off-field disciplinarian is no good to you if he's fine against the poor teams but nowhere to be seen against the good ones ... and that applies to most of the forwards who played in Wigan colours last night.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:03 pm  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18769
Sammut offered out for sale (one year left on Wigan contract):

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/pa ... rl-return/
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:11 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23914
Location: WIGAN
It’s been a surprising signing all round. Firstly surprising we went for him, even more surprising it was for two years, then he surprised us with some pretty good displays yet even though he’s done better then many thought he gets overlooked and now we want shut.

Weird bit of business.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:34 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1463
Location: In the sky with diamonds
NickyKiss wrote:
It’s been a surprising signing all round. Firstly surprising we went for him, even more surprising it was for two years, then he surprised us with some pretty good displays yet even though he’s done better then many thought he gets overlooked and now we want shut.

Weird bit of business.


Agreed.

He's definitely performed above expectations, but moving him on frees up cap space then so be it

Same goes for Escare who seems destined for Wakey too.

Hopefully that's a bit of money to play around with. Hopefully it will let us being in Lam.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:43 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23914
Location: WIGAN
sergeant pepper wrote:
Agreed.

He's definitely performed above expectations, but moving him on frees up cap space then so be it

Same goes for Escare who seems destined for Wakey too.

Hopefully that's a bit of money to play around with. Hopefully it will let us being in Lam.


If somebody came in for Sammut, Escare, Navarette, Shorrocks etc I doubt they’d stand in their way. I think the club see a pretty special group of lads at 18/19 who they’d want to get some opportunities over the next couple of seasons.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:51 pm  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 1692
Location: God's little acre
NickyKiss wrote:
It’s been a surprising signing all round. Firstly surprising we went for him, even more surprising it was for two years, then he surprised us with some pretty good displays yet even though he’s done better then many thought he gets overlooked and now we want shut.

Weird bit of business.


I believe that part of the problem with him is that he hasn't really mixed well within the club and is a bit of an outsider.
Personally he seems a half decent player but not one you'd expect to be in the 17 week in week out.
What I never understood is why when we have played him that we rarely used his kicking abilities on the 6th or from hand for penalties.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sweaty Betty's and 117 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,056,23181778,1614,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts