Jan 18 200915 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 13:0218th Jun 23 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Re: Toulouse experience : Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 pm  
rollin thunder wrote:
Jeez have you not been to leeds since 1995, leeds has all that going in for more than the last 10 years, leeds changed massively since kate 90’s

Jean hasn't been to Leeds in 15 years. I am from Leeds and worked in Leeds city centre 2011-2018.

Prior to 2013 Leeds didn't have trinity, Victoria gate, an arena, an escape rooms, boxing hadn't happened in the city for years and Leeds wouldn't have been likely to host sports personality of the year. So no, Leeds hasn't had all that going for it in more than 10 years.

You're welcome.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 28 20186 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 21 20:105th May 21 13:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world

Re: Toulouse experience : Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:12 pm  
Leeds also the highest rate of knife crime outside London
Him 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 19 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Nov 21 22:467th Nov 21 09:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse experience : Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 pm  
Steph Curry wrote:
Leeds also the highest rate of knife crime outside London

Not anymore. Manchester has overtaken.
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12453
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200914 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 08:1716th Apr 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse experience : Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:15 am  
Towns88 wrote:
Wow,

Sounds expensive? Well fear not, there's still the Duncan , general Elliot, 3 legs and horse and trumpet if you like a bit of rough and a cheaper pint.

A massively improved city.

Wow, you have just spiked a memory. with the GE.
Now, you are talking a top class sh!thole..... But sometimes sh!tholes are a bit more interesting and entertaining than your regular run of the mill.
Had been propping the Novotel hotel bar up, day and night for all of the 23rd and 24th of December imbibing large vodka and fresh oranges.
A young Russian barmaid had been keeping me company and we'd been making each other chuckle, wiling past the hours. She was a good kid because she took it upon herself to only charge me for every other glass she slid across the bar to me. :D
Woke up Xmas morning and I'm showered, downstairs and back on my perch at the bar at 10am.
Had 3 or 4 pints and thinking, I've gotta make the effort to move/ find another boozer.
Walks down the canal towards the centre and it's proper p!ss!ng down and place is an absolute ghost town, deserted. I just remember the flashing of the traffic lights in the drizzle and not a soul in sight.
Walks round in circles for half an hour looking for any sign of life and finally there's some bloke across the road, stood at a doorway, puffing on a fag.
'Is that a boozer mate?' I shouts across the street to him.
'Yes mate,' comes the reply.
Result I'm thinking. :)
Have had the experience once or twice before, but rarely, and I'm thinking, fook me, what have I just walked into here. :lol:
Place is rammed, blokes only, sat in big groups round tables.
Put my head down, undaunted, and weaved my way to the bar and ordered a bitter.... Managed to find a stool in the corner near the window as far out of the way as I could get!
2 or 3 pints later I'm heading back to my stool and one of about eight blokes sat around the nearest table shouts over to me, 'are you a cod'ead'?
Now it's hardly rocket science seeing as I'm sporting the three crowns on my Hull FC kagool.
'Yes mate' I fires straight back.
'What u doing in here?' he asks.
'Just fancied a change of scenery' I replied.
'You best come and join us then' he replies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I was still in there at 10pm after they'd regaled stories of their obvious criminal activities interspersed with tales of their time spent in Hull, Full Sutton and Armley prisons. :lol:
Fair play to them, they got me a cab back to my hotel when I made my excuses for departure.
It was a fairly enjoyable Xmas day and the Russian barmaid was smiling at me as I wandered back into the hotel bar with only the slightest of wobbles on. :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse experience : Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 am  
WIZEB wrote:
Now, you are talking a top class sh!thole..... But sometimes sh!tholes are a bit more interesting and entertaining than your regular run of the mill.
Had been propping the Novotel hotel bar up, day and night for all of the 23rd and 24th of December imbibing large vodka and fresh oranges.
A young Russian barmaid had been keeping me company and we'd been making each other chuckle, wiling past the hours. She was a good kid because she took it upon herself to only charge me for every other glass she slid across the bar to me. :D
Woke up Xmas morning and I'm showered, downstairs and back on my perch at the bar at 10am.
Had 3 or 4 pints and thinking, I've gotta make the effort to move/ find another boozer.
Walks down the canal towards the centre and it's proper p!ss!ng down and place is an absolute ghost town, deserted. I just remember the flashing of the traffic lights in the drizzle and not a soul in sight.
Walks round in circles for half an hour looking for any sign of life and finally there's some bloke across the road, stood at a doorway, puffing on a fag.
Have had the experience once or twice before, but rarely, and I'm thinking, fook me, what have I just walked into here. :lol:
Put my head down, undaunted, and weaved my way to the bar and ordered a bitter.... Managed to find a stool in the corner near the window as far out of the way as I could get!
2 or 3 pints later I'm heading back to my stool and one of about eight blokes sat around the nearest table shouts over to me, 'are you a cod'ead'?
Now it's hardly rocket science seeing as I'm sporting the three crowns on my Hull FC kagool.

Well I was still in there at 10pm after they'd regaled stories of their obvious criminal activities interspersed with tales of their time spent in Hull, Full Sutton and Armley prisons. :lol:
Fair play to them, they got me a cab back to my hotel when I made my excuses for departure.
It was a fairly enjoyable Xmas day and the Russian barmaid was smiling at me as I wandered back into the hotel bar with only the slightest of wobbles on. :D

Don't know how much truth there was in this, but it was certainly a good read :D
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 13:0218th Jun 23 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Re: Toulouse experience : Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:11 am  
WIZEB wrote:

Amazing stuff :lol: :BOW:

Sounds a perfect Christmas!!!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6809
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 09 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Mar 23 10:2529th Jan 20 06:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!

Re: Toulouse experience : Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:27 am  
Back on topic.

In response to the original post: yes, visiting Toulouse is a great experience for an Englishman.
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12453
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200914 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 08:1716th Apr 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse experience : Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 am  
little wayne69 wrote:
Don't know how much truth there was in this, but it was certainly a good read :D

Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case my be, its gospel.
The lads told me to come round the back of the pub ion Boxing day.
Said they would be open from 10am starting in a room upstairs before they went down to the bar a bit later.
I never made it on the strength I was still up till 4 in the morning boozing with the Russian, a male barman from Murcia in Spain and a very cute Cuban young lady who was on reception. :D
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain423No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 20195 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Jan 20 20:507th Jan 20 08:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse experience : Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:16 pm  
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
Back on topic.

In response to the original post: yes, visiting Toulouse is a great experience for an Englishman.

Given you're neither French, a resident of Toulouse nor English, I fail to see how you are qualified to comment? :CRAZY:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years49th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Toulouse experience : Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm  
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
Back on topic.

How do you know, aren't you French (or should that be, you aren't French) :oops:
PreviousNext