Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:57 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:57 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1968
Rep Position: 1st / 78,080

Quiz Score: 0

Losing game we ought to have won again...Hill and Cooper once again to blame as it was last season.
Nothing changes.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Props and indiscipline
Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Posted by Saddened! on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 179
Rep Position: 153rd / 78,080

Hill is a liability for you. But both tries were caused by panic at being about to concede tries. It was a funny game tonight, had you scored again before Wigan hit back you could have mullered them. Wigan looked as bad as they were last season, possibly worse as their halves were so rusty. They have Hastings to get firing so should improve, but Burgess looks a waste of money.

Warrington should improve when Widdop and Austin are firing, but Hill needs a talking to. If I were Price I'd be taking the captaincy off him and tell him to run the ball in hard, tackle hard, not concede penalties and keep his mouth shut.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:18 am
Posted by Or thane on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:18 am
Or thane Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 272
Rep Position: 102nd / 78,080

Saddened! wrote:
Hill is a liability for you. But both tries were caused by panic at being about to concede tries. It was a funny game tonight, had you scored again before Wigan hit back you could have mullered them. Wigan looked as bad as they were last season, possibly worse as their halves were so rusty. They have Hastings to get firing so should improve, but Burgess looks a waste of money.

Warrington should improve when Widdop and Austin are firing, but Hill needs a talking to. If I were Price I'd be taking the captaincy off him and tell him to run the ball in hard, tackle hard, not concede penalties and keep his mouth shut.

Can't argue with this, He shouldn't be captain at all. Should have been taken off him a few years ago.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:52 am
Posted by CW8 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:52 am
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 382
Rep Position: 67th / 78,080

Saddened! wrote:

Agree, been saying this for a couple of seasons. He hasn't flourished as captain on field and it interferes with his game.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 am
Posted by Wanderer on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 am
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 589
Rep Position: 30th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 512

rubber duckie wrote:
Losing game we ought to have won again...Hill and Cooper once again to blame as it was last season.
Nothing changes.

One stood like a statue for the Bevan French try and then got himself sent off. The other committed a minor misdeameanour, which may or may not have saved a try, in an otherwise decent performance. I know which one I'd be dropping and which one I'd be keeping!
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 am
Posted by Shazbaz on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 am
Shazbaz User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 215
Rep Position: 128th / 78,080

Not sure I'll be that bothered if Hilly gets a ban. Wouldn't have said that couple of years ago. His best years are definitely behind him.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:31 am
Posted by Captain Hook on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:31 am
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 631
Rep Position: 21st / 78,080

Look at the difference in his performances at international level against for us, I believe the captaincy is the issue.
I also think last night was a combination of issues, he was desperate to stop a try (no complaint), but didn’t allow for the fact that Powell would be going down to ground the ball resulting in a horror tackle and an inevitable sending off.
Cooper’s penalty has to be seen in the context of a team desperately hanging on despite being a man down. Fatigue will have played its part, can’t really criticise him.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:34 am
Posted by morleys_deckchair on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:34 am
morleys_deckchair User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 137
Rep Position: 188th / 78,080

Captain Hook wrote:
Look at the difference in his performances at international level against for us, I believe the captaincy is the issue.
I also think last night was a combination of issues, he was desperate to stop a try (no complaint), but didn’t allow for the fact that Powell would be going down to ground the ball resulting in a horror tackle and an inevitable sending off.
Cooper’s penalty has to be seen in the context of a team desperately hanging on despite being a man down. Fatigue will have played its part, can’t really criticise him.

Exactly this.... Anyone coming out and trying to blame Cooper for last night just looks foolish.
Massive pessimist
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:35 am
Posted by The Railwayman on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:35 am
The Railwayman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 125
Rep Position: 197th / 78,080

Quiz Score: 28

We have two goods props in Hilly and Coops. Hills discipline has been a concern for a while now. Should now just be concentrating on his game. Didn't agree with him being appointed captain in the first place and the coach now faces a potentially sensitive dilemma. For me, I would use the impending ban to facilitate the removing of him being captain. How you do that without it adversely affecting Hill and possibly other squad members I don't know, that is where man management skills come in.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:37 am
Posted by ninearches on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:37 am
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 330
Rep Position: 82nd / 78,080

Quiz Score: 304

Hilly was back to his best though when playing for England 3 months ago. A hard running ,skilful , ball playing forward who gets through his fair share of tackles. Perhaps his style is being stifled at the club.
Next