u RLFANS.COM - The World's Most Popular Rugby League Website

Post subject: Liam Marshall
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:16 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Massively underrated IMO.

Such a consistent player, fair play to Lam for dropping Burgess and keeping Marshall in.

His carries are excellent for a smaller player, his defence has improved massively over the last few years too.

Should get more opportunities with the ball now he’s moved to left (outside Hastings and soon to be Gildart).

He’s great and only getting better. Him and Dom got our sets off to a great start today.

RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are

Post subject: Re: Liam Marshall
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:21 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

I said exactly the same whilst leaving game today always give 110% never shys away. At start of second have saved a try in corner that 2 year ago would have been a certain try.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:29 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

100% agree

He’s a fantastic player and just rock solid. Works hard in both attack and D, shows a blatant disregard for his small frame and is always reliable. It would be ridiculous dropping him for Burgess or Manfredi at the moment.

RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:38 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Yes, I think most of us are on the same page as far as LM is concerned. Question is, as Manfredi went OK today (so pleased he got his score!), where does this leave Joe Burgess?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:23 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

It leaves burgess in a position of he works even harder to gain his place back. Competition for places only makes the team stronger. Same in the prop department this season and for me its beginning to pay off. Once flower and g Burgess are fit the competition will step up further and benefit the team even more. Great to have options

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:46 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Much preferred to Burgess. Can't fault much from him other than the constant complaining to the ref/linesmen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:44 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It was a massive call to lose Davies who I personally feel was a better winger than Marshall when they both cane through.

Marshall though seems to have developed the work ethic of Davies but is a better finisher.

I’ve very little faith in Burgess personally.

If we can keep Marshall and Manfredi fit they need to be our starting wingers.

I’m hoping it’s the kick in the booty Burgess needs. Without doubt he has the potential to be the best of the lot but something just seems to be lacking with him.

Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:55 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

jonh wrote:It was a massive call to lose Davies who I personally feel was a better winger than Marshall when they both cane through.

Marshall though seems to have developed the work ethic of Davies but is a better finisher.

I’ve very little faith in Burgess personally.

If we can keep Marshall and Manfredi fit they need to be our starting wingers.

I’m hoping it’s the kick in the booty Burgess needs. Without doubt he has the potential to be the best of the lot but something just seems to be lacking with him.

Marshall was always the better winger imo than Davies after he scored 3/4 trys against us a much better winger Davies had to work harder to justify his place as didn't have that killer finishing ability Marshall has.

Although my judgment is based on what u see on sky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:50 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Marshy has cemented his place as one of the first choice wing pairing for mine. Great workrate, class finisher, speed to burn and a professional attitude. If he keeps the level of season on season improvement that he has shown so far he could find himself knocking on the door of international honours. An object lesson on how to apply yourself. Others could do worse than take a leaf out of his book.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:29 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Phuzzy wrote:Marshy has cemented his place as one of the first choice wing pairing for mine. Great workrate, class finisher, speed to burn and a professional attitude. If he keeps the level of season on season improvement that he has shown so far he could find himself knocking on the door of international honours. An object lesson on how to apply yourself. Others could do worse than take a leaf out of his book.
spot on!!! Always rated him since he broke into the side seems to love playing for wigan has plenty of passion and seems just a happy easy going bloke who loves playing the game !!

WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 9:53 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com