JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20177 years220th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th May 24 07:434th May 24 09:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:36 am  
It’s meagain, err fella, have a look, I actually said the crowd was a mix of ages, it was others who disputed that, only agreeing with others
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years158th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 09:4212th Jul 23 05:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 pm  
Did I read on the FB page that Cas are looking at Meadows??
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 16 20159 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 21 21:5227th Jun 21 18:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:23 pm  
Yes, that is what is being said.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 03 20167 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Nov 21 00:0916th Nov 21 23:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:52 am  
Couple of things here.

First of all I'm not sure if you guys are sat in the wrong place but I saw with my own eyes whilst stood in the tunnel with the CEO against Leigh last season several families all arriving and then looking for somewhere to settle and watch the game. I actually commented to Jason because one was an Asian family with the mum in full dress which I found to be very unusual and something I had never seen at a game of Rugby or Football in my life. He mentioned that each week the number of families taking up the tickets given away by the community team was growing and this family was one of them. The father also thanked the club and said he would be back again with the family. It may be small numbers but the community is starting to embrace.

What is important is that the more 'usual' demographic start to turn up in numbers, eg the 22 - 50 years old men and women who will buy a few pints and bring a mate. That is also growing but could easily be better in my opinion.

Secondly the club have launched a brilliant scheme to embrace community clubs and have them as partners. The benefits to the clubs are fantastic with cheap kit (we are also sponsoring the scheme), allocation of a first team player to that club for lots of interaction at training sessions, presentations, club events etc, free season tickets for the clubs and then an opportunity to purchase more at a very cheap price, money off merchandise, an exclusive BBQ event for the clubs who are partners to attend with the first team players all there, coaching seminars for the clubs coaches and volunteers, signed shirts for their fund raising or club houses plus tons more. Perhaps the most important one is the curtain raisers which will see at least 40 kids and their parents at games as they are being given the chance to play before a first team game.

3 clubs have already signed up and I am sure more will do so. This is all part of the club having a better relationship with grassroots clubs who will hopefully be supplying the club with the fans of the future.

It has baffled me for a long time how the South East can have such a good Junior competition yet hardly any kids who are playing the game want to come to Broncos. As a Northerner I have missed the travel issue and had that explained to me by people like Eastern Rhinos however we are confident that this scheme will prove to be a really positive step towards making sure the numbers of kids and families at games improves massively.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Apr 21 08:435th Dec 20 09:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:23 pm  
MonkeyLover wrote:
Secondly the club have launched a brilliant scheme to embrace community clubs and have them as partners. The benefits to the clubs are fantastic with cheap kit (we are also sponsoring the scheme), allocation of a first team player to that club for lots of interaction at training sessions, presentations, club events etc, free season tickets for the clubs and then an opportunity to purchase more at a very cheap price, money off merchandise, an exclusive BBQ event for the clubs who are partners to attend with the first team players all there, coaching seminars for the clubs coaches and volunteers, signed shirts for their fund raising or club houses plus tons more. Perhaps the most important one is the curtain raisers which will see at least 40 kids and their parents at games as they are being given the chance to play before a first team game.

3 clubs have already signed up and I am sure more will do so. This is all part of the club having a better relationship with grassroots clubs who will hopefully be supplying the club with the fans of the future.

It has baffled me for a long time how the South East can have such a good Junior competition yet hardly any kids who are playing the game want to come to Broncos. As a Northerner I have missed the travel issue and had that explained to me by people like Eastern Rhinos however we are confident that this scheme will prove to be a really positive step towards making sure the numbers of kids and families at games improves massively.

This is good news. Any idea who the clubs are that have 'signed up'. I am involved in a junior community club and know nothing about this ? That said, we did play a curtain raiser last season, but we had to repeatedly pester the club to make it happen !
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 03 20167 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:39 pm  
PC Plum wrote:
This is good news. Any idea who the clubs are that have 'signed up'. I am involved in a junior community club and know nothing about this ? That said, we did play a curtain raiser last season, but we had to repeatedly pester the club to make it happen !

It's not fair to announce which 3 clubs on here as I think Broncos and the clubs will be doing their own thing in the coming weeks but they were clubs we were already dealing with on kit so they were easy to sort out.

I believe Junior Clubs will be emailed by the League with Jason Loubser in copy and Senior clubs will be contacted by myself and Jason.

You are welcome to email me and I can send you the info with Jason Loubser in copy as the quicker you give it consideration and sign up the quicker you get your benefits. My email is james.milner@buysportskit.com
PC Plum wrote:

It's not fair to announce which 3 clubs on here as I think Broncos and the clubs will be doing their own thing in the coming weeks but they were clubs we were already dealing with on kit so they were easy to sort out.

I believe Junior Clubs will be emailed by the League with Jason Loubser in copy and Senior clubs will be contacted by myself and Jason.

You are welcome to email me and I can send you the info with Jason Loubser in copy as the quicker you give it consideration and sign up the quicker you get your benefits. My email is james.milner@buysportskit.com
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain332No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 03 20167 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:43 pm  
I should also point out that apart from the community scheme being the idea of Jason Loubser and I it was very much wanted by Danny Ward who has made a lot of commitments himself such as doing coaching seminars and inviting clubs to events and training sessions.

It would be easy for him to sit in his office and take a wage for being a Head Coach but it is admirable that he wants to embrace the community game like he is. I'm also quite impressed his wife volunteers to run the shop on match days.

Broncos really is a special club and hopefully the numbers will start to come.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2811No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20177 years220th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th May 24 07:434th May 24 09:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:43 pm  
I was at the game yesterday, the demographic was pretty wide spread. Quite a few kids at the game, a reasonable amount of couples, young lads young girls, and of course the older fans. But apparently this is not who we get at our games or RL in general. Look around! The game attracts a decent mix
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 15 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Apr 21 08:435th Dec 20 09:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:00 pm  
northernbloke wrote:
I was at the game yesterday, the demographic was pretty wide spread. Quite a few kids at the game, a reasonable amount of couples, young lads young girls, and of course the older fans. But apparently this is not who we get at our games or RL in general. Look around! The game attracts a decent mix

Ok, I'll bite. What percentage of the crowd u12, 12-18, 18=30, 30-50, 50 and above ? My guess 1%, 5%, 15%, 30%, 49%
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 12 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Sep 19 21:4014th Sep 19 21:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

Re: London youth, and the future of RL : Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 am  
MonkeyLover wrote:
I should also point out that apart from the community scheme being the idea of Jason Loubser.

Lol......if only we'd thought about it before :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's taken us to be relegated, moved to a wedding venue and still have to rely on 1 man to survive for the penny to drop and we'll all praise the "accountant" turned CEO for doing something that was muted some 20 years ago as the way to grow the club organically.

Jason is probably a really lovely chap, but this isn't anything other than what should have bee happening for decades........sometimes, just sometimes I am left almost speechless :BEAT:
PreviousNext